Help with walk off

jamikl42jamikl42 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
I always really struggle with walk off, but it would help me a ton if I started to get good at it, as the guys they give for rewards are insane for me as a guy who doesn’t spend money on the game. What are the best tips to use for this event for next time, so I can finally crush it? (I can sub in Cespedes for Altherr as Cespedes has a lot higher hit rating)

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Sub in the higher rated hits guys for sure. Also, your legend can really help you in this event at silver. You have him at bronze 10 and the rest at silver 10. I highly recommend, since you are only at silver and haven’t invested in your legend too much, to reset him as a 40/40 guy and then work on maxing him out at silver. It will help you here for walk-off (switch hitter, would be your second best for now behind Didi) and also for derby he would probably be your highest rated slugger.

try to match up your hitters. Left pitcher/right hitter and vice versa. Today was my first day to beat it, and it took 8 tries at the last level of prime Janson. Couldn’t get past it the 2nd time
  • jamikl42jamikl42 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Sub in the higher rated hits guys for sure. Also, your legend can really help you in this event at silver. You have him at bronze 10 and the rest at silver 10. I highly recommend, since you are only at silver and haven’t invested in your legend too much, to reset him as a 40/40 guy and then work on maxing him out at silver. It will help you here for walk-off (switch hitter, would be your second best for now behind Didi) and also for derby he would probably be your highest rated slugger.

try to match up your hitters. Left pitcher/right hitter and vice versa. Today was my first day to beat it, and it took 8 tries at the last level of prime Janson. Couldn’t get past it the 2nd time
    Thank you for the response. I have been thinking about resetting my guy for a long time, and I think I will now that you have mentioned it.
    I did that myself. Well worth it until you are gold, when the XP is really too high to level him up (14,000 at gold 1)
  • scndrkscndrk Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Been thinking about resetting legend to catcher or SS . Both have been tough positions for me to fill this year.  Leaning toward catcher for a more immediate impact .
    I did catcher
  • Yankees917182Yankees917182 Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    What helps me a lot is just watching curveballs and change ups until 2 strikes. It really helps if you look fastball as you can drive it to anywhere with some power.
    Yankees917182/Diamond1/86k Strength
    "Leadership is more about what you do, not what you say." - Derek Jeter
  • YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Lefty righty rule and trying to hit the other way . Best 2 things that help me 
  • elksteakselksteaks Registered Users 27 Posts
    Be prepared to spend gold or play guys multiple times. I feel like you need to play the last guy a couple times before you get good pitches to hit. I got to Jansen yesterday and it took me probably 4 times before I got a bunch of fastballs in a row. Once you get that you need to capitalize on it, which I didn’t do yesterday!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Yes but how do you take advantage of the Lefty/Righty rule when you don't know what pitcher is coming up in advance? Wouldn't that only apply if you already missed the level and have to do it over again?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    One thing I try to do is keep my switch hitters level in strength even if they are not in my day to day lineup.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I usually have to play each new level twice to find out who the pitcher is to take advantage of righty/lefty rule...it’s a pain in the butt!
  • Mets121741Mets121741 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    You can track who the pitchers are (I have a google doc) and for the first 3 1/2 levels its consistently the same week to week. Then you know who you have to throw in there for the lefty v righty. Also I found the most success by swinging ridiculously late - like - i mean the ball kisses the edge of the plate late lol. It might not work at first but practice it in the level 1 round 1 matchup where you cant lose anything by trying it. Swinging super late tends to sent a blooper into the opposite field.
    Houmy said:
    Yes but how do you take advantage of the Lefty/Righty rule when you don't know what pitcher is coming up in advance? Wouldn't that only apply if you already missed the level and have to do it over again?
    Yes you don’t know unless you lost but if using a bonus player you lose on purpose. Also My club shares that info with each other 
  • JakeFromStFarmJakeFromStFarm Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    You can track who the pitchers are (I have a google doc) and for the first 3 1/2 levels its consistently the same week to week. Then you know who you have to throw in there for the lefty v righty. Also I found the most success by swinging ridiculously late - like - i mean the ball kisses the edge of the plate late lol. It might not work at first but practice it in the level 1 round 1 matchup where you cant lose anything by trying it. Swinging super late tends to sent a blooper into the opposite field.

• tbettinitbettini Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    Yetifrost said:
    This is the method that helped me beat it for the 1st time last week
  • ItsDaDogInMeItsDaDogInMe Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    There is a lot of nice tips and information here.  ;)
  • jamikl42jamikl42 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    tbettini said:
    Yetifrost said:
    How do you try and hit it the other way? I just try and hit it
    Just try to swing later in the pitch. 
  • scndrkscndrk Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Can have good results too if you sit on a fastball and try to pull.  Hard for me personally to switch from pull to late swing .Haven't found a consistent way to hit sliders yet 
  • tbettinitbettini Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    jamikl42 said:
    tbettini said:
    Yetifrost said:
    How do you try and hit it the other way? I just try and hit it
    Gotta time it right & go opposite field. Itll either squeek by down the foul line or bloop over the infield
    I get the blooper more often but the shot down the line is cool cause it’s a double or triple 
  • bravesfan7878bravesfan7878 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Sometimes it doesn't matter, can't beat some of the pitchers, too tough
  • kreeves5kreeves5 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    I beat it this past week and what I try to do is really let the ball travel and hit those bloopers backside.