Options

Lugoexpress

lugoexpresslugoexpress Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
just a quick hello, been playing tap for 4 years now and am learning new things still! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!

Comments

• Options
    IIIDONOVANIIIIIIDONOVANIII Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Thanks for helping out in the community, lugoexpress! I am also happy to answer questions if any come up, glad to see others are promoting a positive environment! :smile:
    Playing since Tap Sports Baseball '15
    Connect with me on TSP! Always love meeting new people!
  • Options
    Thanks... I get frustrated with some of the negative things I read on FB so I come to the forums instead... 
  • Options
    jtgenterprisesjtgenterprises Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Newer player here. What should be the focus on the game? Should I be spending like crazy to maximize club points on weekend events, like bonus boxes, POTW, POTM, etc? or will that hurt me in the long run? Most of my team is 4.5/5 star players and I'm realizing maybe not maxing all XP on them as I should be saving for prime or better players? I just don't want to do anything to hurt myself in the long run..
  • Options
    Stay silver as long as possible, build you slugger team, and save exp as much as you can. Once I move to gold the game gets a lot tougher
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    @lugoexpress Thanks for helping the community ! I'm here to help also if needed, i've been playing for 3 years, and I made the error of going Platinum too quickly
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I agree with @lugoexpress. Stay silver and get as much xp as you can. No point going up in tiers too fast this year as you still get bronze picks. Build up sluggers as much as you can mainly for the prime xp. Also if you master walkoff hero you can get a solid 5 star every week. All of these are much easier at silver as it will cost you less xp to level the players up so that you can do better in slugfest and walkoff hero.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    YANKSCOWBYS4LIFEYANKSCOWBYS4LIFE Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Great info lugoexpress! thank you. Wish I knew this before as I been speeding through levels to get to platinum hoping for better rewards. I joined couple months ago. Currently 40 games away from platinum. Any suggestions for me? I been spending $$ on gold regularly and at 44k strength with all diamond players and 3 primes. A bill a week. 2 bills last week due to frustration lol.  Xps are hard to come by thus hope to land good players through draft picks so I can trade them in for xp. Haven't been able to win walk off but getting past 3rd round. Have issues with 150 plus pitching. How do people beat those pitchers. Made sense when current club put a restriction on donating gloves so club stays at bronze level. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    Wondering if I should start all over..and stay at lowest level and buy a few primes and go from there. Hate to do it as I got a solid team..  what do you think?
  • Options
    @YANKSCOWBYS4LIFE first thing I would suggest is not going platinum until you are at a minimum of 70K team strength and 45K slugger strength. I am afraid at 44K gold is going to be hard for you specially in walkoff hero games. Also while the glove restriction is the way your club should go that would not affect your performance in walkoff hero or slugfest as those pitchers/batters you face in those two events are based on your individual team level and not the club level.

As far as starting over goes if you do that then you'll have a lot of catching up to do so it's really a toss up. If you do start over though make sure to stay at bronze for at least a month and beef up your sluggers so you can multi cycle slugfest and get the much needed Prime XP as eventually regular XP won't matter as much as Prime XP.

That's my two cents.

• Options
    Also forgot to mention that the fact that you are 40 games away from Platinum does not mean you have to go platinum once you get those 40 wins. Once you do just don't play the tier up tournament and you can stay gold as long as you want.

• Options
    Starting to make sense. I also made a mistake not making my catcher a switch hitter.  It's 500 gold to start legend over.  Eventually goal is to have all prime players so I'm gonna stick with the team now and start investing in sluggers during competitions for prime xp's.  Should I still keep cycling through regular seasons as there is good rewards there and I believe it doesn't count towards level up does it? 
  • Options
    Sorry one mire thing.. lets say I have for example goldy at 125 rating and requires evo and xp to increase ratings.. would a player like that ever become prime if i keep leveling him up. 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @YANKSCOWBYS4LIFE if you are gold, forget about the legend. I’m gold 6 just like you and the cost of the legend at gold is unbearable. 30,000 XP just to go from gold 1 to gold 3

@Houmy is right. Stay gold. Build that team up. Max your team at gold 10 and then work on those cash upgrades. I’m at 64K at gold 6 and I’m no where near close to ready for platinum. I’ve started to really focus on my sluggers. I only have 4 normal players now capped, and they are 3 relievers and SP5 who I hope to replace. 

My focus has turned to getting sluggers ready. To do this, I started only leveling the POTW up to gold 1. It only costs 6700 XP (31,000 if I go to gold 10) and they are still effective because of the boost. That saves my a lot to work on sluggers.

lastly, this game can become very difficult if you play a lot of division games (tournament and bonus games) without leveling up. My advice is to take it a little easy on those until you are ready for platinum.

hope this helps
  • Options
    I didnt understand what you meant by don't play the tier up tourneys.. for example I'm waiting on today's event to start.. can you please explain how it can effect my status.. I mean if I were to win that.  Also I'm always trying to help our club so they would expect me to play the most I can right?
  • Options
    Thank you guys for taking the time to explain things. Really appreciate it. 
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    edited June 2018
    @YANKSCOWBYS4LIFE : @Houmy and @Bigpredfan are spot on, I have nothing more to add, if you listen to them you'll be perfect with your current team
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Tier up tournament is a best of 4 or 3 playoff game that you play once you win those 40 more games needed to go platinum. Once you reach that point just don't start the tournament and you won't go platinum. You can still play all other events and games but since you are ready for the playoff the bonus games would not advance you. The image below is an example of the playoff series that would take you platinum and would be on your main screen.

• Options
    My suggestion would be don’t play any playoff games and avoid the games which count towards the playoffs. Those are the tournaments under the compete tab and the bonus games. 

Season mode and prime games won’t hurt you one bit.

the game is set up so that you can’t stay bronze forever. Win enough division games (tournament and bonus games), and even if you stay gold, you will start playing platinum teams. It is set up to make you advance that way. 
  • Options
    Ahhh I get it. 👍👍👍👌
  • Options
    I currently have 978 bonus games. But I know if I go crazy on a Thursday it will mess me up. Once I get to diamond however, I can go crazy and win 200 games every week without any real consequence 
  • Options
    So as I'm at gold level 6.. does it go Upto gold level 10 without any further consequences. If so then I can complete level 6 and get the 75 evo reward and gold?
  • Options
    @YANKSCOWBYS4LIFE no there is no gold level 10. All tiers are 6 levels. We are simply saying that once you win the 40 games needed to go to platinum you will see a playoff series tab. If you play that, and win, then you will go platinum so until you are ready to do so just do not play the Playoff series.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    @houmy @Bigpredfan Question: is there a difference between Gold level 1 and Gold level 6? I'm at level 1 now and hesitant to advance to level 2. Or am I good as long as I don't go to Platnum?
  • Options
    @houmy @Bigpredfan Question: is there a difference between Gold level 1 and Gold level 6? I'm at level 1 now and hesitant to advance to level 2. Or am I good as long as I don't go to Platnum?
    I honestly haven’t noticed a difference. I’m at gold 6 right now. I would say you are good as long as you don’t go platinum. I wouldn’t race through it though. Just move up slowly and go about 1 level a week. That is what I’ve done
  • Options
    kreeves5kreeves5 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    I’ve noticed that if you get up in the higher levels of a tier you start playing a tier up. I’m gold 1 and have been for probably a month now. All my upgrades are at 60/60 and all my players are at gold 10 except for 3. Anytime I play any events I am playing low level gold teams and higher level silvers. I’m not having any issues with playing teams that outrank me. I am 65k team strength and on average I play about a 40k team strength. It may not be true but I feel that if you are lower level in a tier you play the lower levels of your tier and don’t have to play the teams a tier up. 
  • Options
    Thanks for your input. I went to Gold tier 2 today but I will probably stay here for a few weeks now.