Options

Base runners in walkoff

kreeves5kreeves5 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
just a thought, I think we should be able to control when a runner tags, goes for extra bases, and advances in the walk off event. In real life situations, no runner is going to run from third on a ground ball to the pitcher with less than two outs. With no outs and a man on second, as long as a ground ball is behind him he is going to advance. He will tag from second on a ball in rf, especially right field foul territory, and a ground ball up the middle with less than two outs, the man on third will score. This is just real life baseball and I just think we should be able to model real baseball. 

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    The only time I’m furious with this issue is when I have 2 outs and hit a ball in the gap to the wall. The outfielder picks it up. It was a double. The man on 1st should score, but is stopped at 3rd with 2 outs. The ball is 400 ft away. He should score. 

Walk-off has its good and bad parts. Glu might say “ok control the base runners.  But the count starts 0-0 instead of 3-0 now.”
  • Options
    kreeves5kreeves5 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    That’s true, but if hey did start at 0-0 there would be more of a chance to actually get a FB. 
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    edited June 2018
    I've thought about the exact same thing ...Plus sometimes you'll do a ground ball and your guy on 3rd could've easily scored but he doesn't move­
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    dots1031dots1031 Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    I think at the very least it should be consistent. Of course runner speed would come into play, but there have been times that I have used the same player in walk off, and a hit, same graphics and all, a runner will hold at 3rd and other times they score. It seems to be based on the situation a lot of times.