Options

Club vs Club Season Mode

scurrysluggersscurrysluggers Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
Would be awesome to see the club vs club turn into a season mode type thing. Could use this event or the next however many to bracket each club and then have a season of 20+ games with your bracket. Love the club vs club idea so far though, Great job!

Comments

• Options
    dots1031dots1031 Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    The pitching needs to be leveled out. Right now the leve 41 Harvey is eating people up and it shouldn’t be that way 
  • Options
    UltimeatedawgsUltimeatedawgs Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Would also like to know if tips. I can get through walk off every time and I can’t string 3 hits together on this. Was wondering if I put in a lower level player of it would help. Lol
  • Options
    ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    dots1031 said:

The pitching needs to be leveled out. Right now the leve 41 Harvey is eating people up and it shouldn’t be that way 

^^^This^^^
    Members of my club have already decided they aren't going to waste any time or resources playing the VS events because it's simply a waste of time. If my lineup consists of Prime players, Players of the Month, Players of the Week,etc. all of whom are boosted to Gold Level 10, I shouldn't be struggling to get the ball out of the infield on perfectly hit balls.

This update also seems to have caused the game to experience more skipping and lags than normal. I can't tell you how many times I had to restart the game because I was never getting to see a pitch. The pitcher would wind up, the game would skip for a brief second, and the ball would be in the catcher's mitt.

If GLU is looking for honest feedback here, people might embrace this mode if they fix the following:
    1. The pitching absolutely needs to be figured out. 200+ players shouldn't be hitting weak ground balls against 40-45 pitchers.
    2. As with walk-off, the option to steal or advance to another base during a play needs to be included. I can't count how many times players with great speed have failed to tag up on deep flies to the warning track in center field.
    3. The buginess needs to be fixed.
    4. After a user extends a game after getting 3 outs, there needs to be a pause before the pitcher throws the next pitch. When I did this today, by the time the screen fully loaded, the ball was already halfway to home plate.
    5. Clubs are only going to embrace this if the rewards are commensurate with the effort to play the game. Already, I know of many teams that are abandoning Slugfest each week simply because it's not worth the effort to fight through one or two tiers scoring 4500+ points each round only to lose to the computer scoring 10 points more. For all of the effort to be rewarded with a couple of batting gloves and a token amount of cash just makes it a worthless event for most. If the rewards in VS are significantly less than what they were in the test run, why waste the time?
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    I agree with what everyone just said, they have to do something about that
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jcclark1jcclark1 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I did this event day 1. did ok, our club got some good rewards.. I like it better than bonus game event, because you actually have to try!
  • Options
    UltimeatedawgsUltimeatedawgs Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Does anyone know how often they are going to run this event? I was kind of hoping that they would do it multiple times a week because some of the guys in my club can’t hit every window that we are supposed to play. It would be nice to have it on a weekend where most of my club could get most of the games in.