Options

Who else was surprised about the WoH reward being a prime? Speculating on this weekend's boxes!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I was shocked and quite happy when I saw that the reward for yesterday's WoH was a prime. Even more so, it was a 400 max prime with a great bonus skill. We went from a 340 max player(Rosario) to a 400 max prime. Rewards always get better so I can't wait to see what's in store. In the past, the weekend boxes have been slightly better than the previous WoH rewards. Should we expect prime weekend boxes??
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Nope... not for 300 gold. Thats why they have the prime boxes at 1500 a pull. Wishful thinking, but anything is possible.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited June 2018
    We can only hope
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @houmy did you manage to beat prime verlander yesterday?
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    MibadboysMibadboys Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    O was surprised & very happy! I did manage to beat Verlander & got prime Stanton.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited June 2018
    @dkarski87 I faced Verlander on the 2nd cycle. On the 1st one I had to go through Chapman. Seems like early on in the event anyone who cycled got Chapman instead of Verlander until GLU realized they hadn't updated it yet. How did you do?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Cycled with Chapman being there as well in first hour. Got verlander later on. 
  • Options
    Yea same here, I started my app a few min early and got chaplin, no issues beating him. Second cycle got verlander and was a bit tougher. Managed to get within 1 run a bunch of times but couldn't beat him. I hope they up the ante on prime xp because all I had as 5k xp and only got him to silver 1. Primes are too expensive in gold and will take forever to level up especially since I cannot cycle derby.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

Yea same here, I started my app a few min early and got chaplin, no issues beating him. Second cycle got verlander and was a bit tougher. Managed to get within 1 run a bunch of times but couldn't beat him. I hope they up the ante on prime xp because all I had as 5k xp and only got him to silver 1. Primes are too expensive in gold and will take forever to level up especially since I cannot cycle derby.

Several of my club members are in the same boat. Gold and unable to cycle derby. If it were me, I'd make derby a top priority. I'd skim out on everything else and put all my resources towards derby. If not, it'll be an endless rat race and that doesn't seem fun.
  • Options
    I have completed 9 seasons and have yet to get one 5s slugger. My best 2 sluggers are 4.5s... Not sure how far I can get with those. Until I can pull a few 5s it seems pointless.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

I have completed 9 seasons and have yet to get one 5s slugger. My best 2 sluggers are 4.5s... Not sure how far I can get with those. Until I can pull a few 5s it seems pointless.

I think 4.5s are fine if you're able to max them out. Idk man. It's just a bummer to win/acquire primes, only to sit them on the bench or inactive list because they can't be leveled.
  • Options
    frenchrabbitfrenchrabbit Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    It’s great but need more Prime XP now!!!
  • Options
    dots1031dots1031 Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I got a 5 star Bellinger...that I lost because I had my team set to current and not potential bahahahah