Options

Potw box

JamminjerkJamminjerk Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
edited June 2018 in General TSB Discussion
am I reading the odds correctly that you have a 50% chance of pulling  one of the 5 star potw ? Seems too good to be true. Sorry. New to the game. 

Comments

• Options
    UltimeatedawgsUltimeatedawgs Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    am I reading the odds correctly that you have a 50% chance of pulling  one of the 5 star potw ? Seems too good to be true. Sorry. New to the game. 
    That is about true. I do it every week and get one quite often.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’ve only gone 2 pulls and not gotten one 1 time in the last 9-10 weeks
  • Options
    Yikes. Well i don’t purchase gold and it would eat most of what I have. Seems on the face of it to be the best value bet though. Thoughts ? 
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan your story makes me hesitant. Argh decisions decisions 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    There is always a chance you strike out. It’s the box that I’ve had the best luck with when playing the odds 
  • Options
    jtgenterprisesjtgenterprises Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I've gotten potw 3 out of 4 times.  Even after the weekly boost goes away, you get a solid 5star for 1100 not bad.
  • Options
    kreeves5kreeves5 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    Most of the time it is close to 50%. The gattis week it took me 5 pulls to get a potw. 
  • Options
    YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    I got a potw the first week and 0-20 since . I don’t buy them anymore 
  • Options
    frenchrabbitfrenchrabbit Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    It seems about right.  Sometime i get it first try and sometimes it takes a couple.  Wish the POM had the same odds!
  • Options
    SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    missed on the last 2 weeks got it 1st try this time
  • Options
    I've gotten potw 3 out of 4 times.  Even after the weekly boost goes away, you get a solid 5star for 1100 not bad.
    Wow. Great run for you. Alas I got the 2000 xp. It’ll be a few weeks to save up for another try. I was hoping to land gattis so bad. 
  • Options
    Nice. I’ll take those odds! Just have to save up again. Argh as Tom petty said , the waiting is the hardest part 
  • Options
    SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts

Nice. I’ll take those odds! Just have to save up again. Argh as Tom petty said , the waiting is the hardest part 

i watch videos while making dinner n lunch , playing the show ext ...260 an hour up to 1k a day its not that bad
  • Options
    lugoexpresslugoexpress Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    I have to be one of the unlickiest potw pull guy! Lol, 0 for my last 9 attempts the last 2 weeks. I told glu if I flipped a coin 9 times it should land and the other at least once.. 5 #1 picks wouldn’t be bad if I was starting a new team or if they started at your level. Oh well I’m sure I’ll try again next week
  • Options
    Odds about 1 in 1000 times you will miss 9 times in a row on a 50/50
  • Options
    jhambombsquadjhambombsquad Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    What's the odds on pulling a legend??? I dont have apple so I can't see

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @jhambombsquad our member @Bigpredfan was helpful enough, as usual, to post the odds below yesterday. Hope it helps.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    So to clarify to everyone, you pony up 2000 gold and there is a 97.5% chance you DO NOT get the legend. :smiley:
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @jtgenterprises why so negative? Be a "Glass half full" kind of person instead and look at it this way. You have a 15% chance of getting two Prime draft picks instead and then you have TWO 97.5% chances of not getting a Prime either :D
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Hah! I just want everyone to fully understand. Us "android" users don't get to see the odds so I want to make sure it sinks in. And yes, everyone may spend their gold as they see fit. Myself I will stick to 50% chances with POTW.  I now have 6 top rated guys so I can cycle WOH so I will build out my roster that way.
  • Options
    i watch videos while making dinner n lunch , playing the show ext ...260 an hour up to 1k a day its not that bad
    Yeah. I should make more of a point to do things like this but me and my roommate watch tv together a lot and I don’t want to look disinterested. Lol. 
  • Options
    Houmy said:
    @jtgenterprises why so negative? Be a "Glass half full" kind of person instead and look at it this way. You have a 15% chance of getting two Prime draft picks instead and then you have TWO 97.5% chances of not getting a Prime either :D
    This discussion has become hilarious and depressing at the same time 😂
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    That pretty well sums it up... I'm becoming bipolar as a result. ... apologies in advance
    It's all done with mirrors