Options

In Club Trading idea

BLADESRBLADESR Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
I enjoy playing Tap Sports Baseball 18 and I also played 17. I started my club in 17 and carried it over to 18. I love my club and the players in it. We are very interactive and help each other out as much as possible. However even though we all play consistently the gaps in team strengths are still pretty big. Some of don’t pull the good players like others. In fact, some guys pull multiple 4, 4.5 or 5 star players at the same position and end up having good to great players being inactive. So my suggestion is to allow in club trading. With restrictions of course, in order to prevent abuse. For example, only regular players eligible must be a minimum of 4 stars and capped at regular 5 stars. No trading Prime players or Legend players. Also if a member leaves the club after a trade, the trade is revoked automatically and the players go back to the original teams. If the member is kicked, the players traded are lost and the XP the players were worth is given instead to the member and ex member. I think this would better the gaming and club experience for Tap Sports Baseball. This is just my intial idea and is open to suggestion of course. 

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Sage[RR] Sage Moderators 556 Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion. Suggestions like this are better placed on the actual game forums than customer care. I will move this thread over.
  • Options
    Thank you, sorry I clicked the wrong one 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited May 2018
    That would be a good idea. Instead of capping trades to non legends or primes GLU could associate a cost with the trade. Offer trade tickets/tokens in the store for x amount of gold. The higher the player you want is ranked the more they would cost. And the team offering their players for trade could perhaps get 25%-50% additional xp for those players versus the regular store trades. Everyone wins. Some get more XP for players they don't need, others get a player they need and GLU still makes money on the gold.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    The idea of this is to envolve guys who can’t spend money but still want to play and attempt to be competitive. Applying cost to this would be wrong and defeats the entire purpose 
  • Options
    If there is no cost to it then what is the incentive to GLU to add the feature? Remember that after all the objective is to be profitable so unfortunately people who don't spend money aren't really top priority. 

• Options
    It could and would make the game better and add more players, which would bring more players. Money comes from plenty other places in the game. Trade aspect doesn’t need cost to it. You want cost, then it mine as well not be restricted to in club, which is the key aspect to this. If you want to charge then just open the flood gates and let everyone trade. However capping the players traded and allowing it only in clubs is the best idea. It’s win-win because guys in the clubs can all get 5 star players. Yet GLU still gets money for guys trying to get Prime and Legend players. Which honestly why would anyone want to trade away a Prime or Legend player? Those aren’t easy to come by. 
  • Options
    As far as wanting to trade legends or primes goes you will eventually have primes and/or legends that will just sit in your inactive roster (if things go the way they did in 17). And specially with this version where they all start at bronze you'll need to trade a few to upgrade others.

• Options
    scndrkscndrk Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I would love to be able to trade within club.  If both squads pay a real cash fee for the option it could potentially benefit Glu especially if they only allowed the bronze 1 version to be traded and each team would still have to level them up . The bronze 1 tactic has to be a solid money maker for this year's version
  • Options
    dots1031dots1031 Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    Trades to and from opposing clubs would be cool too. It would give you more of a franchise owner feel. 
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    I'd love to see that option, it would definitely bring the experience to a new level, just like you said, I have plenty of 5* that I don't use that I could easily trade
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    isotopes4lifeisotopes4life Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    My club discussed this as well as challenging other players with one of your roster players on the line. Whomever wins the game wins the player you put up. Sort of the same idea of racing cars for pink slips.
  • Options
    dots1031dots1031 Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    Easily exploitable though.  You could play someone that intentionally loses so you get the player they put up. 
  • Options
    HerbyVerstinksHerbyVerstinks Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    edited June 2018
    Houmy said:
    That would be a good idea. Instead of capping trades to non legends or primes GLU could associate a cost with the trade. Offer trade tickets/tokens in the store for x amount of gold. The higher the player you want is ranked the more they would cost. And the team offering their players for trade could perhaps get 25%-50% additional xp for those players versus the regular store trades. Everyone wins. Some get more XP for players they don't need, others get a player they need and GLU still makes money on the gold.
    I like the concept in a certain aspect of trading to a member and getting additional xp or some sort bonus. But the concept of being able to trade within the club makes the members work as a team a lot better to get to the goal. Vs making that portion a pay “Glu” more (no offense). Maybe vs having to buy a token for xGold, the player starts at bronze 1. Or some sort of “rent a player from a member for 5 games. I use a franchise coin, they get cash/xp/10 gold. Example my best players this weekend are the same as the cardinal/braves box. I’d never win enough games to make buying the box worth it. Team member has a Brave he can’t use because he has a cardinal at that position (not one from the box). I’d be willing to “rent” his Brave for x amount of time/games. And by having him I’d end up spending more gold on streaks or restarts. i paid with what feels like a no/low cost item it allows me to get close to the goal. Play my 5 games, watch the video now I have to rent player again because I have one game left, pay fo the streak so I can use the other 4 games , so on and so on. 

• Options
    HerbyVerstinksHerbyVerstinks Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    edited June 2018
    Houmy said:
    If there is no cost to it then what is the incentive to GLU to add the feature? Remember that after all the objective is to be profitable so unfortunately people who don't spend money aren't really top priority. 
    (As a business owner) it’s not always about getting an enormous sale price. Your example of people who don’t spend money is limiting the market to players who are willing to spend $100 a pop even if it’s a one time/week. We do construction supply. 90% of the sale are items that make up 5% of the profit due; indirect + direct overhead (glu paying programmers to update players every week, fixing bugs for each update,etc.) the remaining 10% of the sale is where the profit comes from incidental “add ons” to the order, it’s pure profit because I don’t have to pay direct overhead on it (one time design for glu, first couple glitches to workout). Glu makes up its profit margins on stat boosts, restarts & continues; Direct overhead only . Like I said above, if it cost me a franchise coin to “rent” from a player, I’d buy continues & restarts that I wouldn’t have bought.  It was the same concept they built the “my legend” concept from. And you can tell it didn’t pan out because they don’t continue to make improvements to it. But it’s not worth spending the xp  for that one player when you can upgrade 8 for the same cost. 
  • Options
    TOUGHNUTZTOUGHNUTZ Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    perhaps a live trade where i could trade my 2nd 5 star 1B for a 5 star SS or OF that way we could trade openly and collect players / positions we need like or need filled ????
    TOUGHNUTS ( NO HALF SENDERS and TSB GRINDERS ) FORMALLY BIGGYBANANAS ( TSB 17 )