Options

Pity timer for boxes/picks/etc....

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I've had such awful luck with boxes and draft picks. I'm not alone. I'd love to see TSB implement a pity timer that's become popular in many games where rng plays a big role. For those that are unaware, a pity timer would make the odds hold true. For example, if stated odds were 1:40, you wouldn't be able to open 40 consecutive packs without keeping the odds true. I've heard rumors that a cash purchase will skew the odds in your favor, but as of this time, it's simply a theory. It's my opinion that a pity timer would mean more players happy. And that's kind of a good thing. What do you guys think?
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’d love that. To me if you haven’t gotten one after 39, you deserve one on the 40th. Right @dkarski87
  • Options

I’d love that. To me if you haven’t gotten one after 39, you deserve one on the 40th. Right @dkarski87

We play to have fun. I know it's super cool to be that one guy who gets amazing pulls every other box(i wouldn't know lol), but how about the rest of us mortals? It's fun to have nice pulls. It's no fun to defy the odds(0:40) time and time again.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @bigpredfan you are right my friend. Took me 28 yesterday to get 1, before that.. well you dont want to know. Lets just say I got a bonus guy after spending 25K.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

@bigpredfan you are right my friend. Took me 28 yesterday to get 1, before that.. well you dont want to know. Lets just say I got a bonus guy after spending 25K.

I'm glad you finally got something. Who did you get? I'm not a big fan of Gurriel. He's good, but will easily be replaced very soon. Love Yelich prime though!
  • Options
    SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    yea after buying 2 mountain of gold each of the last 2 weekends and not getting any of the bonus players has me thinking..
  • Options

yea after buying 2 mountain of gold each of the last 2 weekends and not getting any of the bonus players has me thinking..

WOW! Many of my club members buy gold and each time, almost always get good pulls. I'm sorry to hear that you had such bad luck. So much for the theory of spending to skew the odds in your favor. That said, I hope GLU considers this. It would create a lot more happy players/customers!
  • Options
    I pulled Mccullers twice, what are the odds right. Same guy.... geez
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    borrowing from other games like let say dragon ball dokkan , should be a gurantee 5 star bonu splayer lets say every ...5-7 box bought? 10 would be aight too
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

I pulled Mccullers twice, what are the odds right. Same guy.... geez

Dang! I want that lance bad! He's the jewel of the box! Amazing that you got him not once, but twice! Almost insulting in a way, lol.
  • Options
    Yeap...
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    This is bizarre but true. Every Friday for me, I get the gold deal at exactly 1:30 pm PST that is the $69.99 deal. I buy it. I try the boxes and I get a player immediately. I am talking 2 to 10 pulls. Last week I got two of the players. The first took me 10 pulls. The second I got on the next day on the 2nd pull. My brother OTOH has tried my theory and he can’t get a player. He said I should just play the lottery already. 🤗
  • Options
    snowy24 said:

This is bizarre but true. Every Friday for me, I get the gold deal at exactly 1:30 pm PST that is the $69.99 deal. I buy it. I try the boxes and I get a player immediately. I am talking 2 to 10 pulls. Last week I got two of the players. The first took me 10 pulls. The second I got on the next day on the 2nd pull. My brother OTOH has tried my theory and he can’t get a player. He said I should just play the lottery already. 🤗

If it doesn't work for him and he's also buying the same deal, maybe you just got lucky? Idk. The guys in my club who seem to always get luck do spend more so I think there's some merit to that theory.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    From release day up to now, the only thing I get regularly is the same player repeatedly which overwhelmingly is someone I already have before I opened the pick/box . Doesn't matter whether it's draft picks or any kind of mystery box. The best part is I'll get them 3 and 4 in a row.... Of course equally inspiring is getting XP repeatedly. Btw, never do I get the top guys with extra skills etc... 3.5 up to 4.5 star guys if I'm lucky. It just sucks.... however, recently they've been releasing mystery boxes with 1 boosted player and a #1 pick only ...and after 11 tries of only getting the #1 picks (which resulted in 3star guys or guys I already have as usual) I finally WOH skilled Stanton.... I had a moment of silence for my black cloud aura lol. Seriously though, getting guys you already have shouldn't be happening... I have plenty of XP from these boxes and from trading in these guys and I don't need more of that disappointment.... I know, I'm whining.... oh I forgot a couple , POTW? Only ever got XP.... POTM? 65,000 cash 3 times in a row then prime xp on one particulary fine day... no players ever from either boxes so far....
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    Sorry man. I feel your pain though. All my best players are either fan rewards or WoH rewards. :(
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Thanks hey, misery likes company ;) I've been working at WOH and have hope it will start bearing fruit...got into 5th level last two times but stalled in the last couple rounds... and I forgot to mention I landed on 5star specialty pick spots 2 of 4 attempts during the weekend events, so not completely a shambles hehe... gotta stay with it and grind grind grind
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options

Thanks hey, misery likes company ;) I've been working at WOH and have hope it will start bearing fruit...got into 5th level last two times but stalled in the last couple rounds... and I forgot to mention I landed on 5star specialty pick spots 2 of 4 attempts during the weekend events, so not completely a shambles hehe... gotta stay with it and grind grind grind

Just keep grinding man! WoH is frustrating as heck, but feels amazing when you finally clear. Patience is huge as well as being able to deal with frustration. I know that if I'm not getting fastballs? It's not happening. It's just easier to accept when you realize that sometimes, it's just not happening.
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    That’s a great idea! 
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    I really hope that Glu pays attention these type of suggestions. I've talked to many people and everyone would be really excited about a pity timer.
  • Options
    HerbyVerstinksHerbyVerstinks Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I’d be more open to spending cash for gold if I knew I could get something in return. Either increase the odds or do pity timer ...

Another decent option would be to keep the fan rewards a running total like the ball park where when you spend 20k in gold you get the player and then let it reset. Essentially like an “overall” pity timer. 
  • Options
    brianc7brianc7 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    This idea is awesome if only it would actually happen 
  • Options
    Yankees917182Yankees917182 Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    I really like this idea. Hopefully GLU will listen and implement this.
    Yankees917182/Diamond1/86k Strength
    "Leadership is more about what you do, not what you say." - Derek Jeter
  • Options
    I really hope they consider the pity timer idea. It's very popular in games based on rng and everyone seems to LOVE the idea.