Options

EPIC Players are here!!!!

jtgenterprisesjtgenterprises Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
Okay so I have 25 coins. I'm not sure if its enough to get a player. Plus, I'm thinking of waiting for someone else.  Any thoughts on strategy?

Comments

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Yes, could someone explain how it works? Thx
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    There are 3 categories and you must have 1000/1000 in all 3 categories to receive the available player...Save, Save, Save, Save your tokens. DO NOT CHASE the player, let the player come to you! You will draw (or tap) under moments like you have been & some of those draws may contain value to help you fill those categories (the 3 mentioned previously). 
    In the past, I have been lucky enough to fill 1 category 1000/1000 with free picks. A second category 800/1000 with free picks. And the third at about 500/1000–free picks. With 200 E tokens saved I pretty much guaranteed obtaining the player—it was Prime Lester in 2017 version—such a Great Ace. It was worth saving for.
    Something to consider the free draws you get per the timer will yield you greater values toward filling the 3 categories. When you spend your E token, you get much less in return.
    Example, free draw give you 300 of a category.
    Spend token give you 20 of a category.
    Save, Save, Save, make sure it’s a player that bolsters your line up.

Good luck & have fun!
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Thank you, that helps a lot :)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    My pleasure. I’m glad to see the Epic Moments back. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Okay so I have 25 coins. I'm not sure if its enough to get a player. Plus, I'm thinking of waiting for someone else.  Any thoughts on strategy?
    @jtgenterprises 25 tokens are nowhere near enouhh and I would wait until I have at least 80-100 tokens saved up and even then I would only use them if I had 2 out of 3 categories filled up. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Forsakencowboy15Forsakencowboy15 Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    edited July 2018
    @Houmy. Exactly right saving 80 to 100 tokens.  I used to do that in 17.  Not always a garuntee either.  But I only ever tried if I had at least one category completed. 
  • Options
    Owen2446Owen2446 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Exactly, I'm waiting for a better player. I want to try getting a legend or a more unique position prime player.
  • Options
    reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    Thanks that helped
  • Options
    vinnyvidivivicivinnyvidivivici Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Is there a way to get more of these coins... I'm about 2/3rds of the way to getting Cepedes (which I desperately need) but I don't have enough gold to spend to get there... based on the comments above.
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts

Is there a way to get more of these coins... I'm about 2/3rds of the way to getting Cepedes (which I desperately need) but I don't have enough gold to spend to get there... based on the comments above.

Unfortunately there is no quick/easy way to accumulate medals, which is why it is always recommended that you wait until you extremely close to achieving the player before using any medals. The best way to increase your medals holdings is to play your season games as soon as they become available.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    vinnyvidivivicivinnyvidivivici Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Rookie mistake! I'll keep plugging away and see if I can make this work... otherwise I'm stuck watching videos at 4 gold per... Thanks
  • Options
    hateful27hateful27 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    When is the next epic player coming

• Options
    mitchdavenport3mitchdavenport3 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    edited August 2018
    25 tokens nowhere near enough. The Odds of winning items is listed in the table below.

If you have 800/1000 filled in a category you would need ~34 successful pulls in the same cateogry to complete it.

With 100 tokens you have ~45.5% chance to make it
    105 tokens ~59.2%
    115 tokens ~81.2%
    125 tokens ~93.2%
    150 tokens ~99.7%

If you have 700/1000 filled in a category you need ~50 successful pulls

With 150 tokens you only have a ~49.8% chance to complete it
    175 tokens ~90.9%
    200 tokens ~99.4%

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts

25 tokens nowhere near enough. The Odds of winning items is listed in the table below.

If you have 800/1000 filled in a category you would need ~34 successful pulls in the same cateogry to complete it.

With 100 tokens you have ~45.5% chance to make it
    105 tokens ~59.2%
    115 tokens ~81.2%
    125 tokens ~93.2%
    150 tokens ~99.7%

If you have 700/1000 filled in a category you need ~50 successful pulls

With 150 tokens you only have a ~49.8% chance to complete it
    175 tokens ~90.9%
    200 tokens ~99.4%

I have 108 tokens. So if I save up to 200, I am pretty solid to get the player?
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    mitchdavenport3mitchdavenport3 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    @nym5fan It all depends on how many categories do you have filled up and what is remaining in non filled categories

If you have 200 tokens, 700/1000 complete in one category and the other two filled, it is a safe bet that you will get the player
  • Options
    razorback24razorback24 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    This is great advice. I never thought about saving them till the end and see if I was close.
  • Options
    buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    I got close... completed two of the categories and was 975 out of 1000 for the third. Arrived at the same conclusion that I should have saved all of my tokens till the end, though a little too late.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    This is very good advice. I always used to spend it as soon as i got it. Not anymore. Thanks for the tip.