Bernie legend box error?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I know he's a switch hitter, but he appears to be rather underwhelming. His max is lower than both Edmonds and the Crime Dog...and no bonus skill?? That has to be an error and I assume one will soon be added. Also, random prime draft player is also a step down from last week's Altuve/Kershaw prime. It's really puzzling.
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

• luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    I also expected Bernie to have a higher max and to have a skill, but as far as the prime picks, it is packed with great players. Kershaw is still there, as well as DeGrom, Buster, and even the special George Springer that they designed for the Gauntlet VI. The odds on those picks are lousy but if you hit a couple of times you can improve your team in a hurry!

I also expected Bernie to have a higher max and to have a skill, but as far as the prime picks, it is packed with great players. Kershaw is still there, as well as DeGrom, Buster, and even the special George Springer that they designed for the Gauntlet VI. The odds on those picks are lousy but if you hit a couple of times you can improve your team in a hurry!

Yeah, I know. I made a list of all the available prime players. There are certainly some great ones in there. Thing is, there are tons of mediocre ones as well. Last week, Altuve and kershaw were options. Now, it's a crap shot and you could end up with a 'bad' prime.
  • ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    @DFBB

Damn man, you're on your A-game. Bernie's been upgraded now....

@DFBB

Damn man, you're on your A-game. Bernie's been upgraded now....

Haha, thanks! I play a lot so I'm able to spot a few patterns. New Bernie is so nice!!!

• ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Landed him on my third pull for the Crime Dog lol!
    @DFBB My prime DeGrom is a 410 max with no extra skill, but we all know that he is better than that. 
    Would you please up him to about a 425 max and at a skill of maybe excelling in prime events?
    Thanks in advance :/

Landed him on my third pull for the Crime Dog lol!

Man, I hate you guys. For reals! you and @rmouse511 both landed Bernie. Odds are 1:40. On top of that, I seem to always be on the wrong side of the odds. I've bought 32 expensive prime boxes and have no prime players to show for it. Thank goodness for fan rewards! Oh yeah, 'grats!. lol Seriously, you guys did good. That Bernie is by far, the best bat offered thus far. Good job!

@luv4allmusik HAHA!
    Regarding Bernie being a switch-hitter. In past years Glu has given huge advantages to switch-hitters as well as left-handed hitter due to their favorable left vs. right matchups. In my opinion, the advantages have been more than is realistic. 
    I haven’t had a switch-hitter yet, so I’m wondering if anyone has noticed a big advantage for them again this year. 
    And for what it’s worth, Bernie is a world class jazz guitarist who tours regularly. I’d love to catch one of his shows!
    The game is heavily skewed towards those with the platoon advantage. I'm not sure of the exact number, but I'm in the process of finding out!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    The 2018 players seem to have higher maxes than 2017 and I can't wait to see what Signature Bernie's max will be once/if they release one. The highest non-signature legend I saw in 17 was Ted and his max was 469.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    He was the Christmas walk-off prize wasn’t he?  I managed to cycle 10 times that day to get him to diamond 10
    @Houmy , I'm a bit concerned at the rate in which new players are being introduced. I barely had time to enjoy my Stanton prime from WoH and now, there are several better players. Too much, too fast forces us to really be careful with how we spend our gold.
    @Bigpredfan Not sure if he was Christmas or not. I believe he was the 3rd or 4th walk-off prize after they introduced the event but could be wrong. He is my 1st walk-off cycle though and a good luck charm for me as I've cycled all walk-offs since then with the exception of Rollie Fingers which I already owned.

@dfbb the walkoff prizes seem to go up in rating from week to week as Trout was 405 compared to Stanton being 400 so if you already have a solid player in that position don't spend the prime xp on the new ones and wait and see if you get anything better.

Houmy said:

@dfbb the walkoff prizes seem to go up in rating from week to week as Trout was 405 compared to Stanton being 400 so if you already have a solid player in that position don't spend the prime xp on the new ones and wait and see if you get anything better.

I have prime xp to burn(600k+ thanks to derby), but my gold is rather precious. I used to get a lot through videos, but those have been awful since the update a couple of weeks ago. I really need an elite lefty bat(currently have Yelich prime), but I already had Rizzo at 1st and I wasn't entirely thrilled with the crime dog's bonus skill. Also, they really can't give us yet another OF WoH reward, right? I mean, c'mon! In the lasts 6 weeks, we've had: Bryce/Rosario/Stanton/Trout. Smh!
    @DFBB I'm almost up there with you on the xp. Got about 580K prime and 540K regular XP. Plan is to hit 1MIL prime XP before going gold and I am dreading getting legends already and trying to get that XP.

@Houmy I'm will also be ready for gold pretty soon too. Thing is, I'm not so sure I'll make the jump anymore. My favorite events are WoH and Derby. I can cycle both and it's much easier to level new players in silver than gold. I wish they'd give more incentive for us to level up.