Options

Anyone else getting slaughtered on these boxes?

seven1treyseven1trey Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
These nickname boxes are brutal! I have only bought 2 but my 1000 gold has netted me 1700 blue xp. The rest of my club has it way worse, it has been a freaking blood bath. Even got one guy who spent 32k gold and didnt get the prime player for rewards.

This is rough.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've been on FB and everyone is pulling them left and right, it seems. In my own club, one guy got Bryce on his first pull. Another got him on his 3rd pull. I also have a friend that got him on the 4th box. It's been difficult, but I'm resisting this week because I don't like the legend fan reward.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Man sounds like your club is having way better luck than mine. I think i am just gonna limp through this weekend and save my gold for another time. I pretty much watch videos exclusively for my gold so its hard to throw 500 one after another just hoping one will come through. 
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    There’s like 7 people in my club that got Bam Bam « Prime Harper », but I still xan’t get nothing too...
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    10k gold got nada!
  • Options
    Its bad enough i watch like 9 million videos to get gold, but there are a few guys in my club that are spending a lot of dough and they still got blanked. That sucks even more. A couple of them are talking about just giving up the game.
  • Options
    lol they must not have played any other gotcha game like DBZ dokkan battle its called gatcha for a reason
  • Options
    Yeah I just whiffed on another nickname box. 0 for 3 now. I will be glad when this baseball season is over, I won't be back for TSB 2019. I am unwilling to spend the money it takes to have any success at this game. Its a fun game but there is no reason i should be pouring more into this than xbox live and getting less results.
  • Options

Yeah I just whiffed on another nickname box. 0 for 3 now. I will be glad when this baseball season is over, I won't be back for TSB 2019. I am unwilling to spend the money it takes to have any success at this game. Its a fun game but there is no reason i should be pouring more into this than xbox live and getting less results.

A sample size of three? Regardless, if you expect to have 'success,' you need to either spend lots of time or money. That said, the only result that I'm concerned with is whether or not I'm having fun.
  • Options
    SpivotSpivot Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I opened 11 and got nothing. Really want to get that Prime Harper!
  • Options
    i just want the kershgawd
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Just wanted to post a positive comment instead of a whine when it comes to boxes and draft picks.... I won on Freestufffriday and got the two boxes, first box was 3.5* Kemp and I rolled my eyes thinking "once again"...then opened the 2nd box and lo and behold the baseball gods granted me the Claw Kershaw woo hoo...and the bonus points started rolling in. Had been getting quite a few 5* relievers the last couple days as well and felt boosted to buy a nickname box..... and promptly got XP.... sigh
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    edited July 2018

Just wanted to post a positive comment instead of a whine when it comes to boxes and draft picks.... I won on Freestufffriday and got the two boxes, first box was 3.5* Kemp and I rolled my eyes thinking "once again"...then opened the 2nd box and lo and behold the baseball gods granted me the Claw Kershaw woo hoo...and the bonus points started rolling in. Had been getting quite a few 5* relievers the last couple days as well and felt boosted to buy a nickname box..... and promptly got XP.... sigh

Congrats! It’s fun when you get something good from something Glu gave, my best pull from any Freebies is Prime Felix Hernandez!

I bought 5 other boxes and got nothing, i’ll try to get a couple more before it ends, I want Bam Bam really bad
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Thx :smiley: it had been a pretty bleak 2+ weeks of getting nothing, paid or freebie (0 for 22 on Prime picks for example, and when I say nothing i mean best result has been 4 star)... hopefully things have turned around for awhile... like everything, it seems these things go in cycles, so Bam Bam could be on his way hehe
  • Options
    YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    I got a couple scrubs and xp , prime xp . Then I pulled a Bam Bam . Many in my club got good picks quick and a few guys bought 20-25 boxes and no bonus players other than the scrubs . 
  • Options
    I laugh at myself that half the fun of this game is the opening of the shiny box/draft pick, hoping that you've landed a stud player... only to probably replace him with an even better one in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Spivot said:

I opened 11 and got nothing. Really want to get that Prime Harper!

Free gift just now!

• Options
    Yeah thia wasnt supposed to be a whine, and my 3 (now 4) box sample size isnt much, I will agree, but most everyone in my club has gotten spanked on these boxes. These guys have opened a few hundred boxes collectively and most have gotten squat. One guy is 0 for 34 by himself, and several others are close to that. 

Full disclosure, 1 or 2 guys have had aome limited luck, I think 1 even got BamBam. But my original post was truly a question, not whining. I was genuinely curious if other clubs were having the rotten luck we were having.
  • Options
    Not to mention the guy that spent like 32k gold and not only struck out on the boxes but got stiffed on the fan rewards too. 

As far as the boxes, i understand that the random number generator determines what you receive, i just wish the odds were just a little more friendly. Say 5% rather than 2.5 on the big prize, whatever it is. And obviously the 300 gold was easier than the 500 gold to throw down. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    @seven1trey sorry, i was actually referring to myself, not you or others, I've whined a fair bit but although usually tongue in cheek....