VIP gift

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Bigpredfan & @rmouse511 the hat and shirt are just normal VIP gifts that send out from time to time. They asked for my size a long time ago and recently sent it out.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Yankees917182Yankees917182 Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Houmy said:
    But all jokes aside what we should all realise is that GLU is in the business of making money for their investors as it is a business after all. Whatever changes they make or structure they set up is geared up towards that purpose and while some of us may disagree with those changes, they are what they are.

If they were not successful in making money they could not offer what they already do. Licensing all these players costs a good chunk of $$$ so they have to structure the app so that they can do this and still show a profit after all other expenses are taken care of. Long gone are the days of us just paying $5 or $10 to unlock a full version of an app and this is the norm for most apps now and most of us know it. Would I like better odds than 2.5% when buying a Prime or Legend box? Sure but then everybody would get them and stop spending money which means the game could not get supported as well as it does (all glitches and such aside).

I downloaded this version being fully aware of how much I spent on it in 2017 and knowing that I would probably spend as much, if not more, this year. Some see it as a money grab and wasted investment but if you have played previous versions then you can't honestly say that as you know in advance what to expect. There had been talks on different social media platforms of boycotts and such and I never took part in those discussions as I would get a lot of hateful replies to my comments because most don't want to consider the fact that GLU needs to make money in order to offer us a better game.

Even their CEO, Nick Earl, mentioned TSB 18 in their 1st quarter release report/conference attributing this app to their good earnings. Just keep in mind that if GLU wasn't making money off of this game then they couldn't license all the players that we love to get so the Mickey Mantle Legend they have teased us with could be called "Mighty Mantis" just like some old unlicensed platform games that those of us that are old enough used to play. Now how fun would that be?

Also some have been unhappy with all the glitches and things that were clearly GLU's fault. In my experience GLU has always taken care of me when I brought these to their attention and there are so many instances of them making it up to me that I have never shared as honestly I knew it would flood them with requests, some valid and others not as much, for the same treatment and eventually leading to negative comments about them. Again some of the comments could be valid and some not as much.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to share my opinion/position on the matter and for those that may think I am saying all this just because GLU made me vip of the month then please note that it only meant a mention in the newsletter with no special gifts and the honorary status will be forgotten in a couple of days. They did offer me a chance of going to a VIP focus group on their dime in October though so obviously they do care about improving the game based on user inputs. Now whether I get picked for it or not is anybody's guess.

Sincerely,

Had-my-15-minutes-of-fame
    Very well said. 
    Yankees917182/Diamond1/86k Strength
    "Leadership is more about what you do, not what you say." - Derek Jeter
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Well if you decide you can’t make that VIP focus group in October and you are chosen, I might be able to make the trip. Just sayin :-)
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Very well said !!   Nothing comes free these days, including fun!!  If you wanna play, you gotta pay,  it’s up to you how much!!!   And no sense complaining afterwards. 
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    It would be nice if glu could upgrade there screening for vip canadates though,  my only complaint with them is the unfairness, or unequal rights to customers.  Vip is the biggest one.  I have spent lots, I follow on twitter, and on this forum,  I’m told that’s the requirements for it.  I also keep positive minded, and easy on the complaining. But I don’t get vip.  
        I was a part of some of the issues/ glitches. I got a small compensation gift , others show they get large gifts with like 2500 gold.  So what is the reasoning behind these unfair or special treatment? 

Well that’s the end of my rant,  like I said I don’t like to complain much. Just want to get this one off my chest. 

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    I desperately hope to be a VIP one day. In my opinion, the gift was a great gift and I would be thrilled to receive such a gift. I think the issue is that GLU set the bar so high with the previous gifts, that this most recent gift felt like a downgrade in comparison. Still, it's a free gift, so VIP's should still be grateful.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    That we are. Personally I pulled a prime judge from my picks so no issues there. 

Houmy said:

That we are. Personally I pulled a prime judge from my picks so no issues there. 

Awesome pull, congrats!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    edited July 2018

I desperately hope to be a VIP one day. In my opinion, the gift was a great gift and I would be thrilled to receive such a gift. I think the issue is that GLU set the bar so high with the previous gifts, that this most recent gift felt like a downgrade in comparison. Still, it's a free gift, so VIP's should still be grateful.

Everyone is lokking for that! I’m like you right now, I really want to be VIP, I feel that i’m doing enough but who knows, I still really enjoy playing !
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
    Everyone is lokking for that! I’m like you right now, I really want to be VIP, I feel that i’m doing enough but who knows, I still really enjoy playing
    Hope you can get VIP. I’m pretty new to the forums and the game but I can see you are on here a lot helping people out. I just wish I could get VIP without spending any money lol.
    edited July 2018
    Thank you my friend @Yankees917182! I’m definitely not @Houmy or @Bigpredfan but I always love helping people, that’s actually what I do in life, plus I have way too many Free time at work :D I hope you can achieve VIP also! We can do this
    Thank you my friend @Yankees917182! I’m definitely not @Houmy or @Bigpredfan but I always love helping people, that’s actually what I do in life, plus I have way too many Free time at work :D I hope you can achieve VIP also! We can do this
    Lol yeah we can :D
    I am guessing all VIPs are satisfied with today's gift? 

• YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Someday maybe the vip givers will smile upon me . Alas not yet , truly baffled but I suppose not everyone can be a vip because it would defeat the purpose . Fingers crossed . Been on TSB since 2016 . 
    Much better @houmy
    Hope you make it @Yetifrost.

Congrats VIP's, that extra gift should come in VERY useful!!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    @Houmy, LonzoBallin, ExposMontreal, DFBB.....there are others too.

Man, I thought I played a lot with this game. I read up on you guys and your comments and I"m blown away with what you know. To the point Glu sends you clothing lol!!!

Keep up the conversation.....smaller time folks can learn a lot from you all! And thank you!
  • kreeves5kreeves5 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    Congrats to y’all. Y’all deserve it. Must be nice finally getting to reach that vip status. 
  • SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    yo got an extra 50k prime xp today aye
    My prime Hernandez would’ve loved that 50K
  • SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    my prime trout loves it
  • kreeves5kreeves5 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    edited July 2018
    Somebody in my club sent a picture of it. I would love that 50k xp
    edited July 2018
    I put mine to good use. Got this prime last night from a free prime pick. Had him to silver 2 before the 50,000 today, then dumped as much in as I could. 

Edit: im still lacking 41K in prime XP to cap him

edited July 2018
    Just a quick follow-up to the VIP of the month discussion from before. Here is what FedEx delivered to me yesterday, framed and all, and the powers to be at GLU told me that there would actually be a separate in game gift as well (OK super excited about this part) once they have caught up to the responses to the newsletter question about club vs club. This is not being posted to brag as those that know me in the game can tell you I even have my VIP badge turned off so as not to be a show-off to other team members that are not VIP. It is just to show an appreciation for GLU as we usually just see the negatives on this forum and not too much of the positives and if we are to be totally fair then they should get credit where credit is due. You may also say that the positive is for my benefit only but any one of us can get the same or better treatment/reward down the road so it really concerns all.

Disclaimer: My name was on there and I removed it on purpose as I'd like to keep my normal life separate from the gamer life.

Houmy said:

Just a quick follow-up to the VIP of the month discussion from before. Here is what FedEx delivered to me yesterday, framed and all, and the powers to be at GLU told me that there would actually be a separate in game gift as well (OK super excited about this part) once they have caught up to the responses to the newsletter question about club vs club. This is not being posted to brag as those that know me in the game can tell you I even have my VIP badge turned off so as not to be a show-off to other team members that are not VIP. It is just to show an appreciation for GLU as we usually just see the negatives on this forum and not too much of the positives and if we are to be totally fair then they should get credit where credit is due. You may also say that the positive is for my benefit only but any one of us can get the same or better treatment/reward down the road so it really concerns all.

Disclaimer: My name was on there and I removed it on purpose as I'd like to keep my normal life separate from the gamer life.

Holy crap, that's awesome!!! Congratulations Houmy, well deserved!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Houmy I will have to agree with you. I have had my fair share of issues with CS over the years and sometimes its been good and other times its been really bad. But I do have to give them credit for helping me with my nephew account being flagged for cheating due to a game glitch that was not fault of his. It took about over a week and constantly trying to find the right CS through creating new tickets and finally came across someone who was willing to listen to my side of what happened and get the situation resolved. Some people aren't as lucky, losts of people are getting caught up in jailing through not fault of their own. I am totally on board with GLU jailing all these hackers and cheats that ruin the game but a lot of innocent people are getting caught up in the cross fire. I hope they learn from this and adjust their resolution or dispute process so it gives users a chance to plea their case/side of the story. If their innocent and have done nothing wrong then there should be no issue in checking out their claims.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I'd like to see a Nolan Ryan as a legend player. Just my opinion. 
    @qkpony ask and you shall receive. Here is The Ryan Express for you. OK now I AM bragging a little but oh man my 17 roster is something I could brag about all day.

• YANKSCOWBYS4LIFEYANKSCOWBYS4LIFE Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Congrats mr. Houmy! Well deserved.