Customer Service

HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
Just wanted everyone to know about the excellent service I’ve had from Glu customer support this year. They have always been quick and very helpful to resolve my issue, whether the rep could do it themselves or if they had to push it up the ladder to developers. Cheers to the Glu team!

Comments

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Glad to hear that customer support continues to improve. I am hearing some great stories and I am very optimistic for the future.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    It’s been great! Obviously during the times when they’ve been busy it hasn’t been right away, but they have always got to it. 
  • ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    I agree with you! They really seem to get better, we have to understand also that they get a lot of tickets each day!
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • smoke14yousmoke14you Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Customer service sucks! I have been accused of cheating now for the second time. First I wouldn't do it, and second, don't know how to if I wanted to. Try doing a little more research before accusing someone of cheating. All they do is send out a pre recorded message and do no research. It's sad but true!
  • Bosox81Bosox81 Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    I agree I have nothing but an awesome experience with dealing with customer service. Was a little skeptical at first, simply because you see a lot of negative comments. But I for one can say it has been great.
  • YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    I think the way we word our issues has a lot to do with good care. Nobody likes the mad customer . 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Yetifrost said:

I think the way we word our issues has a lot to do with good care. Nobody likes the mad customer . 

Very true, as the saying goes, you get more bee's with honey...
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • tbettinitbettini Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    What irritates me with customer service at times is that it seems they dont even read the initial issue youre having & just give you some generalized automated reply
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    At first they do give an automated reply, but given time, they will get back to you and do what they can to set all right. 
  • SpicoliswaySpicolisway Registered Users 36 Posts
    I'm just going to be as realistic and honest as I can be Here by no way whatsoever making any joke about lips and butt cheeks but somebody should rename this thread thanos's reality Stone Romper Room and headlining tonight are the VIP or bust Buster's, Donald Trump and his I love everybody equally can't we all just get along Jamboree. oh and don't forget last but not least, and just as believable as customer service has been prompt every time, Bob Barker will be throwing kitties in the air for target practice every Kitty hit will turn into three- lovable puppies that fall into a huge tub full of World Peace bubbles
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    In my experience CS has always come through for me. The latest example is when I bought two of All Star prediction boxes through the announcements links yesterday. These boxes would give you either two NL or two AL All star picks with permanent boosted stats if the league you picked won which you purchased for $19.99. I bought one and afterwards I got a message that the transaction failed. Thinking I had the wrong password I bought another and same message. Checked my playstore account and saw that I had been charged for both. Started a ticket and half an hour later received a response that they will look into it for me (not a copy and paste response). GLU later added an announcement that this a new google issue for android users. Just earlier today both purchases were refunded and GLU also credited me 8k gold to make up for the inconvenience. That was more than satisfactory to me.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @Houmy while I agree that your experiences with CS seem to always be positive from start to finish, and you must certainly help the result with your patient and respectful communication with them, there are many players that don't get treated the same way. My experiences, while mostly of fairly minor issues (thank goodness) have about a 50-50 outcome, half where their responses are rediculous and fail to address the problem at all and half where I've been treated well and responded to promptly, with even some token compensation. The sheer volume of complaints written about CS in this and other forums, indicates to me there's a problem. I do believe they are making an effort to improve, but there is a long road to travel. It is my belief however, that the core issue with CS is a lack of capacity to handle what seems like a constant deluge of complaints and problem solving of errors.... the remedy in my opinion is to fix the software. Fix the glitches and the volume of CS inquiries significantly drops. That of course won't do anything for the "nut behind the wheel" problems (user error) but that's life and CS earns their money dealing with those kinds of problems hehe.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    When I had my issue back in April with not being able to link to Facebook after a reinstall I had to open 4 tickets over a 2 week period, I got nothing but what seemed to either be auto replies or people whom didn’t seem to even read my message and what I was asking them to do even after following instructions to the letter of how to get resolved and to get my account back.  It unfortunately took me threatening to never use a product this company developed again then I got an agent whom at least read my complaint and tried to help me.They set up an email and password for me to login only to see the wrong team loaded in.  I nearly gave up but tried to link to Facebook one more time and my team was back.  

Just like any company there are those whom work diligently and care about their customer service and those whom can’t be bothered.  I believe the main issue here is that they expected a certain amount of people playing the game and that amount ended up being far greater than they anticipated.  They especially early on didn’t seem to have adequate manpower to field all of the tickets due to that and some of the glitches and other problems that generally plague newly released and popular products.  The amount of vitriol they (Glu) receive is a bit over the top (anytime they post on social media outlets lol) but negativity tends to be louder than positive feedback and outside of the few issues I’ve had my experience has been pretty good overall.
    Well said @Sandpipers

• caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    I’ve been both helped and let down by customer service.  Think it depends on topic and what your concern/question is as well as who you get.  For the longest I just thought with all the same messages from different names and it was auto generated.  Don’t really feel that way, but been a better experience than in the past and actually send in messages that get real responses.  Just issues in this game and that won’t change like any other game.  But like all here I still play non the less. 
    In my opinion CS was much better and knowledgeable in the 2017 version. Not sure about previous ones as 2017 was my first go at this game. Back then they all seemed to know more about the app and the inns and outs of it. This year, judging by the CS names, it seems like GLU has outsourced their in-app CS to overseas and I guess most of them are still going through the training phase. Nothing wrong with outsourcing and honestly as a company grows and has thousands of users for the same game out of many they do need to outsource it due to the costs associated with it.

My suggestion would be to just be patient once you submit a ticket and if the response is not to your satisfaction word your replies to the point, professionally, and try to keep it to the bare minimum just to get your point across. There are so many things that the CS can not help you with, being lack of specific knowledge or "above their paygrade", and they have to correspond with the dev team about those issues. With so many users & requests it may take some time for the dev to get back to the CS who in turn has to get back to you. Just be patient.

• caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Kindness and patience should be key when seeking help for sure!
  • brycem15brycem15 Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I want to get the rep that you got and gave you back 8k gold.  That’s absurd.