Options

Too Many Primes Hurt Team Levelling?

BUTTSTUFF78BUTTSTUFF78 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
edited July 2018 in General TSB Discussion
I'm still new here and am fully content to hang in Silver for a while to bank XP and cash before moving to Gold.  My question is will having several Primes severely delay that transition due to Prime XP being harder to earn? Will say, a rank 6 silver Prime be competitive in Gold tier?

I was thinking about picking up Prime Ramos, to replace 5st Sanchez, but I also have Prime Mauer, Pedroia, and Jansen to work on...I guess I could just stay silver forever, but that's not really my style.  And if I get Ramos, I might as well go ahead and snag Legend Carter, but that's a whole different set of XP to acquire.  Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    @BUTTSTUFF78

Having many primes/legends can prove to be difficult when upgrading beyond the silver level. If you plan on accumulating a significant amount, you may want to consider remaining at the silver level. If you upgrade to gold, it will take a LOT of time/resources to upgrade a roster full of primes to an elite level. That said, lower level silver primes will still be very good at the gold level, just not as dominant as maxed out primes.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    @LonzoBallin is straight on point, nothing to add!
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Thanks y'all.  I've heard about the massive stockpiles recommended before people move to gold, I just dont want to have too low of a team strength, or weak players to be competitive.  I'm only at 45k strength right now, so I'm not jumping soon...maybe I'll get a nice gold mountain/prime xp offer 🙂
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Thanks y'all.  I've heard about the massive stockpiles recommended before people move to gold, I just dont want to have too low of a team strength, or weak players to be competitive.  I'm only at 45k strength right now, so I'm not jumping soon...maybe I'll get a nice gold mountain/prime xp offer 🙂

It really depends on your idea of fun. What's most important to you in tsb? The only 'incentive' I can see to going gold is that at some point, it will be difficult to streak. However, weekends and events are all about the bonus players and it's a pain to get them to a useful level when they start at bronze 1.

I would suggest that you heavily invest in sluggers because prime xp is very easy to farm. Once you go gold, that ship will have basically sailed. For example, I cycle in silver derby 10+ times a week and I'm able to instantly max every prime I get, bonus skilles included(up to legend xp). I wouldn't be able to do that in gold without expending serious resources(gold) and even then, there are no guarantees. To put it this way, if you're having issues with resources in silver, it won't exactly get any better in gold.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    It really depends on your idea of fun. What's most important to you in tsb? The only 'incentive' I can see to going gold is that at some point, it will be difficult to streak. However, weekends and events are all about the bonus players and it's a pain to get them to a useful level when they start at bronze 1. I would suggest that you heavily invest in sluggers because prime xp is very easy to farm. Once you go gold, that ship will have basically sailed. For example, I cycle in silver derby 10+ times a week and I'm able to instantly max every prime I get, bonus skilles included(up to legend xp). I wouldn't be able to do that in gold without expending serious resources(gold) and even then, there are no guarantees. To put it this way, if you're having issues with resources in silver, it won't exactly get any better in gold.
    I never really gave much thought to sluggers, but being new, I didnt know that the potential for prime xp was that significant.  If there arent that many good reasons to move to gold, I'm content to sit back and farm silver...I'm trying to keep the long term in view and not just progress for the sake of progressing.  Next on my to do list is find a good club where I can contribute while reaching my goals.

Thanks for the advice and maybe I'll see you on the field someday.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m in gold right now, I’m at a point where I finally broke through in walk off hero, but struggling with slugfest at the top of level 5 (faced a 245 Kemp posting 6k rounds, if he had missed one ball the second time I would have won.  I also have the issue of trying to get Prime exp (Trout at silver 9, Gray at gold 8 because before I got him I had 45k accumulated and Bam Bam at silver 5).  At times I do wish I stayed in silver but was getting frustrated losing to gold teams.  I didn’t neglect my sluggers completely but leveling in this bracket is tough. 

Id suggest staying in silver until you have abundant resources to level everything.  Pound the slugger event in silver and eat the wonderful prize of lots of prime xp 
  • Options
    kreeves5kreeves5 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    @BUTTSTUFF78 I moved to gold before the primes and all came out. I only have 3 primes and it’s taking some time to level them up. Silver and stockpiling is the way to go if you ask me. 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Want to know how much a normal prime player costs?  Here you go. This is for normal roster primes. I don’t have all the slugger info at gold yet for primes 
    Notice for the price is 32,000 XP from bronze 1 to silver 10, then it is 72,000 just to go from silver 10 to gold 10

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Yikes I need 160k prime exp to level Bam Bam and Trout to Gold 10 guess I still need to fish for PotW to have a chance to win WoH, (0-10 vs Scherzer today I really need to get Bam bam leveled to have that killer lefty bat I need but I digress)