Worst Customer Service I have ever experienced

veganrichyveganrichy Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
Glu and Community,

This is yet another attempt on my part to tell my story and get what I rightfully paid for.

Over the weekend I purchased the $19.99 guaranteed Justin Verlander box, with a chance for a prime Verlander. Oops, the box opened gave me and other players a Carlos Correa box instead. To me, that is a bug and Glu should be held accountable right? I reached out to customer service, provided screenshots of the purchase from both Google and PayPal. I also spoke to multiple players in the community and they too had the same problem. All of us opened tickets directly in the application, with Customer Care. I kept a good rapport with the members throughout the weekend and now into the week. All of them but me received their guaranteed and paid for Justin Verlander box and I have not. The biggest issue is this, these members were allowed to keep their Correa oops boxes and they received the additional player in Justin Verlander. Sometime in the early hours of Monday, July 9, 2018, I finally received a Customer Care response from Tanush. He told me that I had to make Carlos Correa inactive, and once I do that he will "trade" me the Verlander box. I found that odd since the other members I talked to got to keep both, but whatever -- I went along with it finally, even though I made it clear that others got to keep them.

So I reached out and wrote multiple responses requesting that I get my Justin Verlander box. It is Tuesday and I still have not heard from Tanush or any other Customer Care representative. Yet, all the members I spoke to got their boxes over the weekend, or the latest -- yesterday. I do not understand why this is happening to me, and I have had a pretty good rapport with Customer Care in the past with issues. Now that I actually forked up money for something -- they are inactive or blatantly disregarding my issue. Which to me -- when you spend money on a product and it does not work -- fix it and make the customer happy. I am sure I am not alone when I say that I have put hundreds of dollars into the game and to me -- because of this instance -- I will more than likely end my playing time and I will not get my $19.99 back.

This is my last attempt to reach someone; I already wrote on Twitter, Facebook and I emailed Customer Care through the Glu Website. Oh, and I did open a ticket with the BBB due to false advertising and for no response from their team. It is distasteful, and to ignore me now is rude and inconsiderate.

Again, this is my final attempt to get my issue resolved. My username (if Glu is monitoring this) is OneGoodScare.

Thank you.

Comments

• ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    I understand how you must feel currently, you did a good thing by having all your receipts and proof, and you did everything possible to get an answer from them. It might take time, but it will certainly get resolved soon. I don't know if that's a fact, but I feel like when CS answer your in-game tickets and you reply again, it seems to take forever for them to answer, or they just never do.

Emails takes more time, but you'll probably have more success!

Please keep us updated on this!
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • veganrichyveganrichy Registered Users, Member 6 Posts

I understand how you must feel currently, you did a good thing by having all your receipts and proof, and you did everything possible to get an answer from them. It might take time, but it will certainly get resolved soon. I don't know if that's a fact, but I feel like when CS answer your in-game tickets and you reply again, it seems to take forever for them to answer, or they just never do.

Will do! I first opened the ticket immediately after the mistake on Saturday, July 6, 2018. I received a response from CC, Tanush, at about 12:30 am local time on July 9, 2018. I was asleep but he asked me to remove Correa from my roster and he will then give me Verlander; he also said to "let him know" when that happens. Reluctantly, I obliged and I even pleaded my case about how other players I know kept their "oops" Correa.

Personally, I have never had a problem with their CC ticket system until this incident. The other issues were in-game bugs (double-baseballs from pitchers during walk-off events) and other lateral things. This, however, I found more frustrating since I did not receive what I paid for and now I am out $19.99 and nothing to show for it. This was my last place to vent/reach out to their company. I wrote three emails, used Twitter a dozen times, and I used Facebook to reach out as well -- all with no luck. Likewise, I am still writing CC in the app -- with again -- no luck.

No clue why other players (though I am happy for them) had their issues resolved before or after I did and I am still stuck.

Very frustrating:-1:

I wanted to update you on this and anyone reading:

So Tanush, one of the CC reps messaged me to say I can keep Carlos Correa and he added Verlander to my inactive pitchers' list, and he also gave me a prime box as compensation.

First, I do not see Verlander on my list; I closed and reopened the game 4 times (force closed). I got one Prime EVO box and got 6 Evo Tokens. Second, I go and check and I did not get the Verlander Pitcher I paid for or a box, ha ha. So I am not sure what in the world this guy did but I do not have anything. This is now out of hand I almost want to give up and get my money back, but knowing their company policy, they do not offer refunds.

This is ridiculous at this point.
    UPDATE:

They finally compensated me and Verlander is now there.

Even though the issue is resolved, customer care can get better. It should not take me 4 days to get what I paid for. Other than that, I am much happier with the outcome.

Thank you Glu Community and Devs.
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Better late than never, eh? :)
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • tbettinitbettini Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    I understand how you must feel currently, you did a good thing by having all your receipts and proof, and you did everything possible to get an answer from them. It might take time, but it will certainly get resolved soon. I don't know if that's a fact, but I feel like when CS answer your in-game tickets and you reply again, it seems to take forever for them to answer, or they just never do. Emails takes more time, but you'll probably have more success! Please keep us updated on this!
    I wanted to update you on this and anyone reading: So Tanush, one of the CC reps messaged me to say I can keep Carlos Correa and he added Verlander to my inactive pitchers' list, and he also gave me a prime box as compensation. First, I do not see Verlander on my list; I closed and reopened the game 4 times (force closed). I got one Prime EVO box and got 6 Evo Tokens. Second, I go and check and I did not get the Verlander Pitcher I paid for or a box, ha ha. So I am not sure what in the world this guy did but I do not have anything. This is now out of hand I almost want to give up and get my money back, but knowing their company policy, they do not offer refunds. This is ridiculous at this point.
    Tanush did the same to me with a fan rewards tier player that i didnt receive due to the counter resetting. Stated he added the player to my inactives which it never was, than days later he said he can see that i traded said player in. Why in the hell would i trade in a 5 star kershaw lol cant really complain to much as this timd w the verlander issue they just gave me a prime verlander as opposed to the box
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I guess this is one of the reps taking the long path to training.... trial and error and make it up as you go
    It's all done with mirrors
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Glad that all got figured out! Keep on tapping!
  • ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    Some are better than others! Glad everything was fixed  :)
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    I’ve had some issues but  most get resolved. They take time though they have thousands of tickets to sift through. Now it is a glitchy product that has caused these errors . So Glu needs to step up and not be cheap when taking care of issues . 
  • ctsykes17ctsykes17 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    Don't worry I have gotten zero compensation for any issue that I have put a ticket in. I lost all of my club points for the Red Sox Mariners box glitch a couple of weeks back. And my customer service rep said, " We can't give compensation for crashing." Even though I have told them that it was not a crashing issue and it was a glitch that their development team recognized. I even sent them a screenshot of a club members CS ticket where he was provided compensation for the issue. The continuously tell me that there is nothing they can do even though it is their fault..
  • ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Their customer service is a well known joke. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were simply using Ai bots to give people the run around constantly until they give up.

I’ve had them explicitly admit they messed up on something that cost me only to tell me they have a strict no-refund policy and can’t do anything about it. When I point out that they could simply award me the player from the event, which was earned in the first place, they tell me they don’t have that ability. When I point out they’ve done it for others, they tell me again they don’t have the ability.

When I ask to speak with a supervisor, they do nothing.

It’s a farce.

Since I opened my first ticket with them, I stopped buying gold. I told them I wouldn’t buy again until they fixed the issue. They haven’t and neither have I. Now, almost a month later, I’m getting to the end of my bankroll. Once it’s gone, so is the game for me unless they fix the issue they’ve already admitted to.