If you build it, you will have fun...

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Hello! I've had a bit of success building my team. I've spent $10 on the stadium and $7 on offers. If anyone has specific questions about the game, I'm more than happy to help. Below are screen shots of my team:

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    Your team is amazing, wow, i'm curious to know how you managed to do that !
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Your team is amazing, wow, i'm curious to know how you managed to do that !

I specialized in derby. If you can continuously cycle derby, the top clubs will want you. It's all I did for a little while. I was able to accumulate gold because the club always finished in the top 10(often top 3) and always hit the top tiers. I also did an embarrassing amount of videos in the beginning and I still do now. I'm able to cycle derby and WoH without spending any gold and as you can imagine, it really adds up.
    Great job, i'm really impressed, you almost make me want to delete my Platinum team and restart all over, because since i'm Platinum I can't cycle Walk-Off even though I always get to the last one, I can't get pass the 3rd round of Derby because the first club I was in for about a month didn't do the event so I never upgraded them.. I've actually also been in some top clubs ! In which ones were you ?
    This is my team, I didn't spend a lot either, less then 100$ total

I can't imagine it being fun if I'm not able to cycle derby and WoH. In particular, WoH is such a great event! You're heavily invested so that's tough. I've been fortunate in that my club doubles as a great group of guys whom I chat with all day, everyday...and we place well
    Yeah that's what i'm always telling myself, but it does get frustrating for the WoH event in Platinum, but I always get to the last one, so it's a matter of time before I can cycle it. I've never been a fan of Derby myself so it doesn't really bother me that I can't cycle, plus i'm with a great group of guys in my Club and we're just 20 guys having fun and constantly being in the Top 25.
    I also keep talking to a lot of guys in the top clubs I used to be before !
  • jamikl42jamikl42 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    what offers did u do to get 20k in 3 different weekends? I don’t spend money on the game, so this will help me a lot
    jamikl42 said:

what offers did u do to get 20k in 3 different weekends? I don’t spend money on the game, so this will help me a lot

I've had about 13k total in offers. I did the dollar shave, cbs, and Ebates. A few minor ones as well, but all of which were done during double gold weekend. Most of my gold comes via ads. I'm also in a great club that always finishes well so I get a lot of gold every week.
  • dots1031dots1031 Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    Yeah that's what i'm always telling myself, but it does get frustrating for the WoH event in Platinum, but I always get to the last one, so it's a matter of time before I can cycle it. I've never been a fan of Derby myself so it doesn't really bother me that I can't cycle, plus i'm with a great group of guys in my Club and we're just 20 guys having fun and constantly being in the Top 25. I also keep talking to a lot of guys in the top clubs I used to be before !
    I’m a weekend warrior lol I struggle in derby and walk off. But come weekend time, it’s grinding time 
  • ctsykes17ctsykes17 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    I cycle derby every week but have a hard time even getting past level 3 on WoH. I am in a top ten club but I never seem to get anything from number one draft picks. Any suggestions?
  • gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    ctsykes17 said:

I cycle derby every week but have a hard time even getting past level 3 on WoH. I am in a top ten club but I never seem to get anything from number one draft picks. Any suggestions?

send me itunes gift cards for good luck.
  • ctsykes17ctsykes17 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    gdc23 said:

ctsykes17 said:

send me itunes gift cards for good luck.
    Guaranteed success huh? I mean I pulled JD yesterday but that was my second five star.
    ctsykes17 said:

Try to save gold for the fan weekend awards. I know it may seem daunting, but if you do a lot of videos, getting to 20k for a fan prime award is really worth it. If you're able to save, wait for a prime bat with a good skill bonus. You're able to cycle derby so you should have plenty of prime xp to level them. I know gold isn't always easy for everyone, but potw boxes have excellent odds and are offer the best odds of getting a bat for WoH. The potw approach is probably the most practical approach, but if it were me, I'd save for prime fan rewards.
  • dots1031dots1031 Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    Agree with the odds for POTW
    I just want to add that ideally, you are able to get 20k gold for a fan prime and load up on potm boxes the first weekend that they're offered. Those potm boxes will last 30 days and you should be able to clear WoH! If you're able to do that, you'll have a great team in no time!
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    POTM are good investments as long as you get them at the start of the month. I agree that they are a huge help with WOH.
  • PvtBigWoodPvtBigWood Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    How many videos do you watch? One night I managed to watch 250 videos to get a PoTW box, but it took 3 hours! 
  • SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    i watch vids while bulding a streal gives time to refill yellow bar , i could get about 1k a night after work

How many videos do you watch? One night I managed to watch 250 videos to get a PoTW box, but it took 3 hours! 

I have a lot of free time and I watch videos in between things. I probably average at least 400 videos a day on days where I don't grind (mondays-WoH and weds-derby).
    I updated my team to match my forum name and progress. If anyone loves to talk TSB or needs advice, I'm usually available.

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @DFBB what are Bam Bam & Yelich's maxes? I believe Harper was 415 but not sure.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy Here ya go:

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @dfbb thank you.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Bam bam is a beast He helped me put up 18 mil last weekend . 
    Yetifrost said:

Bam bam is a beast He helped me put up 18 mil last weekend . 

Bam Bam, imo, is better for WoH than Yelich despite having a lower 'hit' rating and lacking a useful bonus skill for WoH. Speaking of WoH, I can't express how important it is to stay patient. Understand that sometimes, it's not mean to be. Take your losses and get 'em next time!
  • SUPREMEDOGS8870SUPREMEDOGS8870 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    so it looks like there is value in boosting the "special" qualities of players. Maybe that's my issue.
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts

so it looks like there is value in boosting the "special" qualities of players. Maybe that's my issue.

There is absolutely huge value in increasing a players special skill. You can relatively easily increase a players rating 5-10% by increasing their special skill, making a significant difference.
    Proud TSB VIP!

If you have a surplus of resources, it's a great way to spend. If you're tight on resources, I would limit it to your top guys, but make sure it's a good bonus skill(i.e vs rhp as opposed to blowouts).