Options

Wrongful Jailings Again!

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
I am posting this in the hopes of getting the attention of a mod to speak with CS or the dev team about my 11 year old nephews account that has been jailed for "cheating". He has jailed 2 weeks ago during that whole free box non-sense and given no compensation like many others that had their pts reset. He was jailed again on Saturday during the event and CS will not help in any means. He has no access to any credit cards or so called cheating methods as his game play in monitored by family. He was purchased investments for his bday so he can collect some gold to use as he sees fit to better his team during the season. After finally speaking with him trying to figure out if he did anything possibly to trigger the flag he told me that his investments were glitching and freezing during collection times at 8:00pm and gave him x2 his collection. 10g + 50 g from both investments sets. This happened for 3 days and then his account was jailed. I told CS that its not his fault that the game was glitching and giving him the extra gold that he paid for. No help at all and said the ban is permanent. I have offered to even pay for what extra so called gold he took to resolve the matter but they refuse to help. Many people have been jailed for similar things because of glitches in this game. This is no fault of the players but programming bugs that are within the app that need to be fixed. Not jailed people and children that play the game. Since he is only 11 years old he is not permitted to play the game without consent. Which I gave, signed and dated and emailed them a copy on May 16th, 2018. Yet, as most of you post CS does not even respond to your question just copy and paste their pre written responses. This is total bull crap that I have to deal with a child in tears for days because he was locked out of his account and cannot play.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy

Comments

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Unbelievable. Reading the various posts about Glu CS, and my own and my buddies experiences, it really comes down to a few basics that all businesses make choices about how they will conduct themselves and how accountable they are to all their stakeholders - internal and external. These basics include staffing choices, general policies & procedures, employee decision making limits, budgeting and overall corporate culture. My impression of the company, based only on my experiences starting from tsb16 to now and what I've read on here, is that with the tsb line at least, they have been struggling to keep up to their own success while continuing to evolve the game to new levels of innovation. As such, what we as players get caught up in and get frustrated with, is software that may have been released before it was truly ready and what seems to be a small staff that not only is probably constantly updating the game due to changes in real life, but also trying to fix all the glitches that have been there since this year's release date AND dealing with the constant efforts of hackers.
    I think there is plenty of evidence that Glu is making a serious effort to improve CS for tsb players but its a work in progress and some players are getting treated very poorly while others are receiving excellent service. I myself have had great responses from CS from the few issues I've had this year. They dont necessaily answer my questions specifically but they solve my problem and have been quick to do it. I just experienced dealing with TSB Experts, which to me is a new method of dealing with the sheer volume of CS inquries they must get, and the two gentlemen who dealt with me were once again, quick to respond, polite and answered my question. Unfortunately, there are still plenty of people who are getting the opposite treatment outside of the Experts arena.
    The hacker problem and jailings has long been a contentious issue with the game, and along with finally solving the many glitches that occur daily, a proper procedure needs to be established to appropriately deal with suspected cheaters and not continue with the heavy handed approach that, more often than not, crucifies the innocent, while it seems the real hackers/cheaters carry on unscathed.

I may be wrong but these are some of my impressions. I hope your nephew has his joy returned promptly. There's a strong group of players on this forum who provide insight and support to all who come looking for help, and who I believe have some influence on how the company moves forward with solving these issues. They along with all the passionate/addicted players who write in, could help guide the company on the way to deal with this jailings conundrum.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I have tried ticket after ticket to try and find a rep who has a heart and none of them want to help. I even offered to pay for whatever so called extra gold that was taken from a result of the glitch in the game. My nephews investments were glitching and freezing during collection time periods, which has giving him x2. So instead of getting 10g + 50g he was getting 110g a day for 3 days. This is not his dam fault, he did not know any better and would cause him to lose his ability to play with his club. I dont understand what this problem is here, he paid for those investments which is he collecting... Because of a glitch IN YOUR OWN APP. You punish a child for it. Last chance for GLU to try and make this right or I will be pursuing further actions to make this right by any means I see fit. Complete bullshit GLU. @sage or @blueleopard I ask that you speak with the dev team or anyone who has the ability to fix this. I am willing to pay the diff in gold that was taken. MAKE THIS RIGHT.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    I really don't understand their point of view right now, especially since you had to sign a paper for him to play, I feel that if he did really cheat you would've been notified. This move makes no sense and I really hope that this will get resolved for him, hopefully, a Moderator will see this and resolve that for him.
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Yeap thanks for the support everyone. I signed and sent the papers 2 months giving him consent to play. Yet they wasted my time for 2 days asking for the documents which I sent over already. Like I tried to tell CS, the game glitched out during his collection time... hes a child. He didn't know any better and didn't want to tell me until a few days later because he thought he did something wrong. If its a matter of money or an extra 200g or even 500g that he got that he wasnt suppose too. Fine not a problem, let me pay for it and the issues is resolved. He has been playing since he beta came out here in Canada since February, I told him we can start over and build it again and he will not let me. He has been saved his gold for 2-3 weeks at a time for 1 or 2 pulls a month. He finally has himself some POM and POWs and he cant even use them. You cannot punish a child for a glitch in your own game when he was unaware of the consequences.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Isn't there something in that contract that could help him get out of this? There has to be something that can be made
  • Options

I am having my lawyer look at it. This is page 1 where I had to give written consent. There are 3 pages total with previsions. If they wont help I am sure there is something he will find in there I can use. Just a hassle to go through all this over nothing, even when I am willing to pay for whatever so called gold was taken as extra. From something that was paid for in cash... by a glitch in their own APP.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Good thing! It's crazy to think that you have to bring in a lawyer for that even though you offered to pay
  • Options
    luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    So what was this young man supposed to do when GLU!!! overpaid him on his endorsements? There isn’t a system in place where he could have refused the gold, and there isn’t a system in place where he could have returned it. If he had immediately messaged Glu and told them that he received some extra gold, he would have had to wait for a response, and it would not have surprised me if they had jailed him anyway. And wouldn’t most companies just say “Our fault, it’s only a little extra gold so just keep it”?
    Glu’s hardline stance on every issue really grows tiresome. There needs to be some flexibility and some common sense that comes into play. So now we have a young man who loves the game, as we all do, but he can’t play it with his mates in his club, and he is left feeling that he has done something wrong. 
    Really bad look, Glu. Really bad. 

P.S. If you start a GoFundMe account I will be the first one to contribute so that this young man can buy a bunch of gold and get rolling with a new team. 
  • Options
    Yankees917182Yankees917182 Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    So what was this young man supposed to do when GLU!!! overpaid him on his endorsements? There isn’t a system in place where he could have refused the gold, and there isn’t a system in place where he could have returned it. If he had immediately messaged Glu and told them that he received some extra gold, he would have had to wait for a response, and it would not have surprised me if they had jailed him anyway. And wouldn’t most companies just say “Our fault, it’s only a little extra gold so just keep it”?
    Glu’s hardline stance on every issue really grows tiresome. There needs to be some flexibility and some common sense that comes into play. So now we have a young man who loves the game, as we all do, but he can’t play it with his mates in his club, and he is left feeling that he has done something wrong. 
    Really bad look, Glu. Really bad. 

P.S. If you start a GoFundMe account I will be the first one to contribute so that this young man can buy a bunch of gold and get rolling with a new team. 
    I 100% agree.
    Yankees917182/Diamond1/86k Strength
    "Leadership is more about what you do, not what you say." - Derek Jeter
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Appreciate it guys... Gold or money is not my concern here. Its the waythey deal with these matters. Sorry matter closed "our detection methods" cant be shared. I don't give a *** about them. I am offering to pay for whatever gold was given as extra... 200g I believe it was. Nope, sorry that ban in permanent they tell me. I hate these dam hackers and cheats as much as everyone here, they have no business in this game. But too many innocent people are caught in non-sense like this and have no way to defend themselves or plea their case... Very poor showing for a company, especially towards a child that has been playing since 2017.

He was also jailed during the whole free box crap 2 weeks ago as well. All his pts gone and weekend event ruined like many others. Yet he was given no compensation what so ever. At-least some people got some gold and picks back. Because he doesn't spend as much gold as most of us do he is not entitled to a compensation? Bullshit. He saves gold for 2-3 weeks at a time for 1 or 2 pulls a month on pow or pom boxes. Now he cant even use them? Complete bullshit GLU to treat your users in the manner, let alone a child. Shame on you! But hey, its not like anyone from GLU reads these posts anyways... Whens the last time we heard from a Moderator in this forum? Did they even acknowledge those jailing 2 weeks ago on any social media? NOPE... swept under the rug like it never happened.

Edit: I offered my nephew a mountain of gold to start over and he refused. Hes been playing since beta launch here in Canada and built his team for over 5 months. Will not let me uninstall the app... It took him months to get his first 5s let alone any POM or POWs.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    So Its been a week since my nephews account was jailed and they still refuse to do anything. I offered to pay, offered what ever resolutions possible to fix a glitch that he was not control over and yet they do nothing. They tell me they wont comment further on the account because it does not belong to me!!! If I had to give written consent to allow a 11 year old to play the game under my permission that from a legal perspective YES this is my account that I am looking after. This is such a bad joke that I unfortunately has left my so sour, I guess they don't want people giving me money for their own stupidity? This company is a joke!

– The Great Houmy
  • Options
    SpicoliswaySpicolisway Registered Users 36 Posts
    I've had it. I've been waiting all week because my team as suddenly replacwd with 1 star mariners and have had no help from you and now seeing this it sucks but I'm gonna say goodbye to my clubmates of 2 years now because I have no team left anyway and this is sickening
  • Options
    Hey man, I spent 5 or 6 days of closing and opening new tickets and trying to find the right REP that would help. It sucks that you have to go through the hassle but I was so determined to get my nephews account unjailed I just kept at it day after day. Keep messaging CS and if one doesn't help then close the ticket and try again. Sorry man but that's all I did for over a week.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    I know people that this happened to as well and they got it resolved eventually. Usually a week or 2. My advice is just keep at it and be persistent till you find a CS person that is open and willing to help.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    D475D475 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    I'm in the same boat. Can't get anyone  to respond and my club not getting my support. I have nothing wrong!
  • Options
    CGBaseballCGBaseball Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I just got jailed for the second time. I can't seem to be successful without being jailed.
  • Options
    Posted in your other thread.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    oligodoligod Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    did your nephew pass a lie detector?
  • Options
    No I just had to keep trying over and over until i found a CS agent willing to listen and help. Just keep at it and if you did noting wrong you will get your team back. Just be persistent and kind, and they will do their best to help you.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    cscollinscscollins Registered Users 1 Posts
    How did you get different agents? I keep getting the same one, and he doesn't have good knowledge about the tap baseball app.
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    You need him to close ticket. Then a new ticket usually get a new agent.