Club vs. Club Recorded Game Play

LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
edited July 2018 in General TSB Discussion
So I LOVE the Club vs. Club event, but I am absolutely TERRIBLE at it. I would love to improve, but I feel I've tried everything and nothing has worked. I have a strong team, and I am dominant in Walk Off Hero, but when it comes to Club vs. Club, I rarely get a hit. Some people say to swing late, other people say swing early, other people say autoplay, but no matter what I do I am rarely able to put up over 100 points in a round (pathetic, I know). I was wondering if anyone who puts up good numbers could provide a video of their gameplay so I can see how/where they are hitting the ball. This would allow me to see if it is something I am doing wrong, or if for some reason my team is just not capable of putting up decent numbers. Thanks in advance!
Proud TSB VIP!
Prev1

Comments

• ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    edited July 2018
    I have the same problem, people in my club keep telling me to do some late hits, but that never works out for me. Funny enough, it’s seems easier when the pitcher is 189 OV. I still never managed to do over 2K and maybe 4-5 times 1K. I just autoplay at this point, I usually do better or flat out 0
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts

I have the same problem, people in my club keep telling me to do some late hits, but that never works out for me. Funny enough, it’s seems easier when the pitcher is 189 OV. I still never managed to do over 2K and maybe 4-5 times 1K. I just autoplay at this point, I usually do better or flat out 0

lol nice to know I'm not alone. I think it has something to do with team level and win total. Those with a low win total for their level seem to do really well, while those with high win totals for their level seem to struggle in the event.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • mixthebodymixthebody Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I just react to the ball, I have had some good and bad games. Just keep trying, it's not the same every time 
  • reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    I always autoplay, i average about 15k per 6 entries. I hit 40k earlier today just autoplaying.
    reinfall said:

I always autoplay, i average about 15k per 6 entries. I hit 40k earlier today just autoplaying.

lol, wow, see that's what I'm talking about. If I autoplay, I'm almost guaranteed to get 0. I don't think it has so much to do with the individual playing as much as it does the team.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    I’ve tried just about every approach and still cannot figure this thing out...Club member told me he Autoplays and extends the round with gold and videos if it’s a “worthy” score. He is consistently our club’s highest C v C point producer, yet still not putting up insane numbers. I try to employ this practice, I seem to be pretty good at hanging up zeroes. 

• ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    We are a platinum club. I am at silver level, our Club’s highest point producer is gold level. Maybe if my individual level (silver) were closer to the club’s level (platinum) I could yield better results? I can see how this could make some sense considering your club level dictates your “free entry” total.
    However, as it has been expressed many times, if my hitters’ attributes overwhelmingly out rate the pitcher’s attributes, and I still can’t buy a hit—pretty literal— why are the attributes being displayed?

We will get this thing figured out.

Good luck and have fun!

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited July 2018
    I cant figure it out either... not that I'm great at any of these events (seems I'm a better manager than player lol) but I've tried everything mentioned here and elswhere. Autoplay is 100% zero everytime; hitting late works for some of my players some of the time, while hitting normally works better for other players some of the time. What i do know for sure is if i manage to get the multiplier up to 22-25 range, and i have a big chance to start scoring big points, I'll for sure ground out or pop up twice in a row to kill it :neutral:
    Best I've done i think is like 5500 points total, with biggest single round of about 2900.... i must say i have a great time when no one else shows up for the event, then i take home the prizes lol (you know, to pull the 3.5star guy from the Prime pick.....)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • duckthefodgers4duckthefodgers4 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    I do pretty well on the event. I stay in the middle of the field to opposite field. I’d suggest to adjust your lineup and try different hitters. My prime players seem to do the worst. I have the best outcome with a left handed heavy lineup. Once you can get the hang of the timing, and score some points, then try to auto play. I feel like auto play is almost based on what you’ve done manually in the past. If you auto play and at rounds end, the multiplier is high (above 32 is what I go off of) then spend the 50 gold to continue. Then use the 100 gold, then finally use the free video. This way saves you gold. The thing I hate is when you continue a round, the screen pops up and the pitcher is already throwing. The black banner at the top blocks the pitcher. So you need to be ready and get lucky. Hopefully they can fix that. 
  • OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I don't understand this Club vs Club thing. I have a 55k strength Gold level team, but both times I've played today there's been an opposing team that scored more points in one round than I did in all eight. Both of those teams were weaker than mine, and one was a 25k Bronze level team.

What's the point of spending all this time building a good team if you are just going to be clobbered by someone who just started playing last week???????
  • OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I just bought another round and added a 30% hitting boost for my team. My hitters had 200+ hitting rating and faced a pitcher with 55 stuff. I manually played so I could hit the ball late or early. I went 1-2-3 for a big fat score of 0. lol.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I close my eyes when I swing now, noticed a slight improvement from 0 to 10 points :smiley:
    It's all done with mirrors

I close my eyes when I swing now, noticed a slight improvement from 0 to 10 points :smiley:

Ahh, finally something I can work with. Will definitely give that a try this go 'round!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I do pretty well on the event. I stay in the middle of the field to opposite field. I’d suggest to adjust your lineup and try different hitters. My prime players seem to do the worst. I have the best outcome with a left handed heavy lineup. Once you can get the hang of the timing, and score some points, then try to auto play. I feel like auto play is almost based on what you’ve done manually in the past. If you auto play and at rounds end, the multiplier is high (above 32 is what I go off of) then spend the 50 gold to continue. Then use the 100 gold, then finally use the free video. This way saves you gold. The thing I hate is when you continue a round, the screen pops up and the pitcher is already throwing. The black banner at the top blocks the pitcher. So you need to be ready and get lucky. Hopefully they can fix that. 
    The issue with the pitcher I mentioned to Glu. The VIP newsletter asked for feedback and I mentioned.

1.  Seeing the pitcher and their stats before deciding which boosts to buy
    2.  Adding a second or 2 before the pitch on a restart. 
  • YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Here’s some BS .. my club is L3V3L3s20 .. look at the scores . JT our top guy beat their whole team but his points went for them. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    His points didn’t go to them, but they got a whole lotta points from somewhere that aren’t listed somehow.............
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

His points didn’t go to them, but they got a whole lotta points from somewhere that aren’t listed somehow.............</blockquot

Someone probably club hopped and put up points and left. It adds to the club points, but his contribution won't count towards the mvp or high score when he leaves.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Nope we watched each time JT put up new points for us the other clubs points double or went way up . There was no hopper 
    Yetifrost said:

Nope we watched each time JT put up new points for us the other clubs points double or went way up . There was no hopper 

Man, Idk. Definitely report it and see what happens. I've actually seen it a lot at facebook too.
  • Spyder1Spyder1 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    edited July 2018

I just bought another round and added a 30% hitting boost for my team. My hitters had 200+ hitting rating and faced a pitcher with 55 stuff. I manually played so I could hit the ball late or early. I went 1-2-3 for a big fat score of 0. lol.

Happens to me 4 out of 8 entries....every time...guaranteed. FU.CK GLU!!
  • BayouGatorsBayouGators Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    reinfall said:
    I wish lol. I used the 15x multiplier and still only got 3450
  • WhiskeyWhiskeyWhiskeyWhiskey Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Autoplay is the way to go for me. I can cycle WOH, but get destroyed in CVC. I can autoplay and score some solid 10k plus rounds, then watch a video to continue and usually have a pretty high multiplier that I can scrape a couple more hits out. 

Autoplay is the way to go for me. I can cycle WOH, but get destroyed in CVC. I can autoplay and score some solid 10k plus rounds, then watch a video to continue and usually have a pretty high multiplier that I can scrape a couple more hits out. 

I'm super jealous of autoplay teams. I've autoplayed over a dozen times and got 0 the vast majority. I think my highest autoplay score is about 120.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • jhambombsquadjhambombsquad Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    I found that if I'm running a current pow he hits really well...the only time I put up anything is with current box player in my line up
  • coachlaingcoachlaing Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    It seems as those with a low win total relative to your level make you a beast. A high win total relative to your level makes it like you’re using a whiffleball bat

It seems as those with a low win total relative to your level make you a beast. A high win total relative to your level makes it like you’re using a whiffleball bat

I believe this is 100% the case. The solution? Level up. Though while this will most likely improve your skills in CVC, it will undoubtedly makes other events (slugfest) more difficult.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    CvC is at times pure joy for me other times I’m cursing because a 245 PotW hits a weak ground ball back to a 45 Matt Harvey (He’s actually been good for the Reds since being traded but yeah).  I’ve had a few excellent rounds of 36k when I batted around 4 times, but I struggle with consistency in this event I’ll have to try autoplay a few rounds to see what I come up with.  I’m gold 6 my weakest bat is a capped Chris Taylor at 153 overall up to around 196 with Andujar if I don’t also have a PotW in my lineup that week.

I have a very strong silver team with less than 900 wins and I do awful at CvC. A club mate is also silver with over 2500 wins and he absolutely crushes CvC despite having a lower team strength.
    DFBB said:

I have a very strong silver team with less than 900 wins and I do awful at CvC. A club mate is also silver with over 2500 wins and he absolutely crushes CvC despite having a lower team strength.

Proud TSB VIP!
    @LonzoBallin I've gone through every conceivable option. Except, of course, the one where I just suck at it. :)