Options

Five Star Specialty Pick Bug?

MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
I spent 10k gold and got a five star specialty pick. The pick was a five star Nolan Arenado. Is this a bug? I was expecting to get a player with a specialty. I opened a bug with Glu and they said their log shows I received experience points and I must have gotten a duplicate which most definitely was not the case. 

Comments

• Options
    demise44demise44 Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Specialty 5-Star is a guaranteed 5-Star I believe... I opened one two weeks ago and received Jose Abreu.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Glu's response is eye rolling, but the pick itself seems fine. My experience is that its only 5star players without any enhancements.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    MacGruber said:

I spent 10k gold and got a five star specialty pick. The pick was a five star Nolan Arenado. Is this a bug? I was expecting to get a player with a specialty. I opened a bug with Glu and they said their log shows I received experience points and I must have gotten a duplicate which most definitely was not the case. 

Unfortunately, it's not a bug. They just chose poor wording. If it shows your got exp and it's not a duplicate, then it means your inactives list was full which resulted in exp from the player that was automatically dropped.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Ugh that is so disappointing. Every other pick says "four star only" why change the wording? Lame. 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    The 5star "specialty" pick was out first as far as i know. The last couple of weeks they've created the 4star and 4.5star "only" picks... removing the word "specialty" would pribably be a big internal quagmire lol
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @MacGruber as others have pointed out the specialty 5* is just a 5* and nothing more. You are correct though that the wording could probably be changed to just 5 star.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    coachlaingcoachlaing Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    you need to have your roster strategy set to “potential” to avoid having any absolute studs being dropped. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @coachlaing the Current vs. Potential setting you are referring to applies to slugger picks only and not regular players.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022