Walk off hero

demise44demise44 Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
Think this will possible to beat WOH? I am stuck on 5.9-5.10 

Comments

• maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    edited July 2018
    I would be surprised. I have spent about $40 in gold in retries on 5.10, I can’t get passed the curve balls. Perhaps you can on bronze
  • demise44demise44 Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Bronze seems a bit more difficult, I could clear it easily on gold.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    It's possible but may take a few tries. I would also use Crawford on Scherzer and add a 20% boost since he bats lefty. I tried unsuccessfully a few times to take him on with Prime Judge maxed in silver at 182 and couldn't get anywhere. Finally decided to do a 20% boost for my 355 max Lowrie maxed at 156 since he is a switch hitter and after one video restart and gold restart cycled it. When it comes to level 5 of walkoff hero it is really your top 3 or 4 guys that matter the most as the bottom 6-7 pitchers are still manageable as long as the batter isn't rated really low.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@maddmaxx67 the same thing I did may work for you and Freeman. Try him one time with a 20% boost and see if you have better luck.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @houmy I got him man.. I got stuck on krim for about 4 hours... 20 attempts later I beat him. Told myself I will not try him again. Restarted about 2k in gold and beat r10. Worth it... used POW Reynolds on 10 boosted, and POM Bergemen on rd9 boosted. Both righties. I tried using yelich prime capped but had no luck.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Nice @dkarski87 . Kinda wish I had kept my AL ROY Judge so that I could have 4 judges on my roster. That would make some scratch their heads when they go and see the inning/player results in match me games :D

LOL did you beat it? I tried using my prime lefites but they had no success. As much as I use the lefty righty rule it did not work today. I tried and tried and finally just went with my top 2 guys. So its beatable guys... just needs some luck. I

Who did you use?
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 yes I cycled about 2 hours ago. He has the same hit as prime judge and is 5 points slower than him but power is 15 points higher.

But he cost your normal xp... lol big difference
    – The Great Houmy
  • demise44demise44 Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    After finally completing this weeks WOH (1 for 36 on scherzer), I have noticed some things..

first, if the pitcher throws a ball, most likely the next pitch will be a ball as well (if you swing and miss at the initial pitch. 
    Secondly, if the batter walks, then the following pitch was more times than not, a fastball strike, furthermore, I have received a hit after every walk.
    thirdly, the baserunners sure do not want to win the game lol
    dkarski87 said:
    But he cost your normal xp... lol big difference
    I am actually kinda conflicted about that. Prime xp is now much easier to get for me with slugfest, until i go gold anyway, but then again whatever prime xp i don't use on him i can now use on sluggers.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I just stopped for the night, I won Judge in the first 90 minutes of the event only needing 3 cracks at Scherzer, I had 4 more opportunities after that to get a free level up but only managed a total of 3 hits in those 4 attempts at him for a total of 1 for 7. Kimbrel was pretty nasty as well after the first cycle, I really hate sliders.... Managed to get Judge to Gold 8 so overall a pretty good day. Will be nice in subsequent weeks to not be totally PotW reliant on whether I can even hope to win or not. Now I could ever solve 5.10 in slugfest (245 Kemp averages 6k a round in the 4 times I've faced him, do those top guys ever miss? )
  • Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    @Houmy @dkarski87 this one for you guys from earlier conversation. One of my fellow brothers 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Looks like his VIP gift went as well as mine. 3 normal Judges. 
    @Bizymoney12 thanks man. It would definitely be interesting to play them all one time.