Options

Walk off event

kreeves5kreeves5 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts

This event is ridiculous. I’ve got balls going through the opposite batters box that is being called a strike, no matter what I do all that gets hit is a weak ground ball or pop up, and I’ve never known anybody that can hit a curveball on this game. Hell when you start the game the developers tell you to take the curveball and hit a fastball. That’s all good except for the fact that a curveball is all that you get thrown. This game used to be fun but now it has been made to where it is just an excuse to get people to spend their money just to get screwed. Something needs to be done about this game. 

Comments

• Options
    Spyder1Spyder1 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    100% agree. Walk-Off Hero is the worst event in this game. Hitting is so de-buffed it's not even funny. I have a maxed out Prime Melky Cabrera with hitting of 174.....He can't beat Cole Hamels level 1 r 10 with stuff of 89??

Completely **** ridiculous
  • Options
    bashof5bashof5 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I love the concept of WOH, however, have to agree that it and slugfest are extremely difficult. When you hit the ball, it just doesn’t go anywhere. I’m always amazed how I will hit 3 weak grounders when score is tied for an out. The next inning, the first pitch I drill for base hit. My blood pressure and frustration levels rise on these days
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    WOH & Slugfest are hard by design. If you consider how great the prizes are for both events it just makes sense that GLU would make them hard. You have to take into consideration that if the pitchers were easy to hit then the payout would not be as good.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Houmy said:

WOH & Slugfest are hard by design. If you consider how great the prizes are for both events it just makes sense that GLU would make them hard. You have to take into consideration that if the pitchers were easy to hit then the payout would not be as good.

I find it interesting that people have no issue spending a considerable amount of gold trying to get good players from boxes, but balk at the idea of doing something similar to get great players in WoH. Yes, it can be extremely frustrating, but it's also the most rewarding as well.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    And Ive gone that route for the last time... just bought 6 more all star boxes and got 70k cash 3 times, and XP 3 times.... i got 70k for the free harper box as well..can hardley wait for monday when I'll get more cash or xp for that freebie box... especially prime xp that i dont have any primes to use it on lol. I give in, its gold for restarts and boosts and forget the shiny box buying.... oh wait, there's Epic Strasburg i could get! :wink:
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Walk off hero is way I grind resources.  Can get to second to last guy but being outclassed by 100 points doesn’t matter if I use the 80 gold boost.  I spend most of my time auto playing first round till I have about 30 bonus games then progress on.  
  • Options
    I used to get frustrated with the triple plays but just changed my view of the event to a resource build. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have a love/hate relationship with WoH.  For everything not prime exp related it’s the most rewarding event all week between all the cash, picks and bonus games you can rack up.  Occasionally you’ll get a little gold and franchise coins but I see them much less than the other stuff.  I’ve spent probably 7000 Gold in the last month on this event trying to cycle and have been successful twice.  Getting All Star Judge last week was thrilling considering I could just use normal experience and now at least have a 249 Gold 10 RH bat for the rest of the season should I come up short on getting that week’s PotW.  I’ve opened 11 PotW boxes this season and have 5 so near the coin flip odds the box has.  As best you can you will want to find the best LH/switch hitting bat you can find to pair with a max tier righty to give yourself the best chance of success (I lucked out in Nickname boxes and got Bam Bam who is 233 overall in Gold 8 and with any luck will be maxed soon).  Even if you can’t cycle keep plugging away as the individual round awards pile up fast and can really set you up nicely for the rest of your week.
  • Options
    I like it, hate I can’t cycle it anymore.  At the diamond level and can get to second to last guy.  But I spend a lot of time in round one building up resources.  I get a pow each week since it helps 2 events but only level them where they can score decently.  As expensive as it is levelling in diamond I’m content with woh as a resource build only.
  • Options
    bashof5bashof5 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Don’t get me wrong, I get frustrated with WOH and slugfest but agree they should be challenging given the reward. I don’t want anything just given to me; I want to work hard and enjoy it that much more. I’m just venting st MY inability to get task done.
  • Options
    I need Freddie Freemen to win Freddie Freeman today lol
  • Options
    michalik15michalik15 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    The worst event in this game. When Gold 4.5 star Carlos Gomez can't hit a single off of 91 overall pitcher, you know the game is messed up. Thanks tapsports for your cash grab game. I will not spend a cent on this garbage game. 
  • Options
    VancouverCanucksVancouverCanucks Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    WalkOff Hero is easily one of my favorite events. Yes, it makes my blood pressure boil (but not as much as CvC)... and I agree that the metrics could be changed to not frustrate players as much. Love the concept though!
  • Options
    ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    I faced Doolittle at Platinum Level 14 or 15 times yesterday and I got maybe, MAYBE 10 actual strikes thrown to me total. The rest of the pitches that get called strikes just aren't hittable pitches and that's an unfortunate fact. I love the event up to level 5.9. I get it's supposed to be hard, but so far it's been impossible and that's just too bad.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Not impossible, just need patience and and persistence. Last 2 weeks I beat it with a right vs rigthy match up. POM and POWs. Its gets frustrating but its doable. I had over 30 attempts at Krim last week and got 0 fast balls. Its how it goes sometimes, but #31 I did and beat him.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Its an epic challenge no doubt and sometimes its just plain weird. Yesterday i got stuck at 3.10 for about a dozen attempts, then at 4.10 for probably 16 attempts, and in both cases i was being quite creative switching matchups along the way in order to even reach the 10th rounds. So in my 16th or 17th attempt in level 4 (primarily using Prime All Star Breggman) with 2 out, I hit 3 consecutive single homers to get through.... weird. Unfortunately Mr. Doolittle in 5.9 only allowed me to score 3 runs about 6 different times (as soon as the score became 6-5 I was retired quickly from the inning/game even if i had no outs up to that point). But i am determined to win one of these days.... CvC i got hang of fairly quickly thankfully.
  • Options
    TRizzle98TRizzle98 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    kreeves5 said:

This event is ridiculous. I’ve got balls going through the opposite batters box that is being called a strike, no matter what I do all that gets hit is a weak ground ball or pop up, and I’ve never known anybody that can hit a curveball on this game. Hell when you start the game the developers tell you to take the curveball and hit a fastball. That’s all good except for the fact that a curveball is all that you get thrown. This game used to be fun but now it has been made to where it is just an excuse to get people to spend their money just to get screwed. Something needs to be done about this game. 

This post is gonna be long, but I think it will really help you and be worth your time. As someone who has beaten WOH every week since they made the prize a prime player, other than all star judge (didn’t have a good lefty), I have some tips I can offer you to possibly help you break through and win!

Man, I can’t say I don’t agree with you. It can really suck at times. However, this is all done for a reason. The best way to beat the event is to just keep trying, trying, trying! Eventually luck will be with you, and with the right amount of skill taking advantage of your chances, you will break through.

The whole design of the walkoff event is for it to be a CHALLENGE. They make this happen in 2 ways:
    1) They change the swing timing needed to have success. You must swing extremely late, therefore trying to hit opposite field, to even have a chance. 
    2) They create “Automatic Outs” and guaranteed situations. This is where you an at bat where you get all curve balls, and they are literally impossible to hit. Or in a situation when the game is tied and you have less than 2 outs, you will be UNABLE to win the game on a sacrifice fly.

This is kinda just the way things are with this event, in order to make it a challenge. Imagine how unrewarding it would be if every person could beat walkoff and everybody had the specialty players. It would take the fun out of it.

• Options
    TRizzle98TRizzle98 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    kreeves5 said:

Its an epic challenge no doubt and sometimes its just plain weird. Yesterday i got stuck at 3.10 for about a dozen attempts, then at 4.10 for probably 16 attempts, and in both cases i was being quite creative switching matchups along the way in order to even reach the 10th rounds. So in my 16th or 17th attempt in level 4 (primarily using Prime All Star Breggman) with 2 out, I hit 3 consecutive single homers to get through.... weird. Unfortunately Mr. Doolittle in 5.9 only allowed me to score 3 runs about 6 different times (as soon as the score became 6-5 I was retired quickly from the inning/game even if i had no outs up to that point). But i am determined to win one of these days.... CvC i got hang of fairly quickly thankfully.
    However, having said some things already, here’s some tips for you:

1) When it comes to your at bats, be patient. Swing later than normal.
    2) This patience also comes with pitch selection. It’s just a fact in this event, your best chances of getting a hit come when the pitcher throws a fastball. With that being said, some at bats will be made to screw you over. It’s just in the coding. If you see a curveball in the first pitch in an AB, you are very likely to get all curves. Either try to advance runners with the first one that comes down the middle, or avoid a double play chance by taking a strikeout.
    If you get a changeup, don’t swing at it. One of the next 2 pitches will be a fastball for you to crush. The non-fastball pitches get harder to hit when the pitcher has a higher stuff rating, making the final level nearly impossible without fastballs. 
    3) Try to matchup your hitter to the pitcher so that you have an advantage whenever possible, especially at the end of the final stage. This means batting a good lefty against the final right handed pitcher, typically, or choosing batters with a helpful special skill for that level.
    4) You will need to buy the 80 gold boost for at least the final level, otherwise your hit rating just won’t be high enough to win, since you typically need a ton of runs.
    5) You will likely have to try the final level at least 5 times each week in order to win. You just have to keep trying until you get lucky enough to get enough fastballs to have a chance to win, and then take advantage of your opportunity.

I know this is a ton of reading, but I hope you have more success using this information!