What are some things you'd love to see in TSB?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Things I'd love to see in TSB:

-Weekly h2h tournaments! Please, make this happen! It would add a ridiculous amount to the replay factor.
-The ability to trade in resources/players for gold. The trade in value could be crap, but something is better than nothing. Give us another way to earn gold!
-Enforce a pity timer where at worst, the odds will hold true for any given player.
-Players should have their bat glow when their bonus skill is active.
-Teams at higher levels(silver, gold, etc.) should have incentive to level up. I suggest giving multipliers to their club contribution. As is, we have a myriad of cookie cutter silver teams.
-We have individual rewards/tiers for prime events, why not do the same for slugest and WoH? Reward those who complete the most cycles!
-Give us a visual effect that pennants have on our teams. For example, it would be nice to see exactly how much effect they have on a batter's 'hit' rating.

I'm sure there are lots of other things, but that's just the top of my head. I realize that there's a suggestion thread, but it's a ghost town over there. Besides, it's kind of fun to throw ideas out there. What do you guys think?

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• Yankees917182Yankees917182 Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    How about having picks start at what tier you are like in 2017. That would be nice. People would level up then because they don’t need mass amounts of XP to get them from bronze to platinum or Diamond
    Yankees917182/Diamond1/86k Strength
    "Leadership is more about what you do, not what you say." - Derek Jeter
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

How about having picks start at what tier you are like in 2017. That would be nice. People would level up then because they don’t need mass amounts of XP to get them from bronze to platinum or Diamond

Haha, I made this thread in haste and forgot the most obvious one! Yup, totally agree man.
  • ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Since derby gold battles will probably never happen again, I’d love to see head to head with club mates for fun. Then I’d know who I’m trash talking to. 
  • Dignans1Dignans1 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    @DFBB

Agree with all your points. Two I'd like to make:
    I think the individual progress rewards for the club sprint event shouldn't be the same as the three day Prime event.

I also think if you pull a player that goes on to do something big in the season, ie: player of the week, there should be some bonus points given. Not as high as the POTW (15k/RBI) but higher than say a hit from any old Yankee (1k/hit). Reward the GM for keeping that player on their squad.
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Maybe some “Season” accolades?

Triple Crown winner?
    100 win season?
    Stolen base leader?

Something as simple as “bonus penants” would be nice.

• BadpoorJBadpoorJ Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    A game that doesn’t freeze.... 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I don't do conspiracy theories too much but what if the whole bronze pick strategy is a prelude to us carrying our teams into 19? 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    That sir, would be a conspiracy I would support :wink:@Houmy thinking ahead of the curve...
    It's all done with mirrors
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Dignans1 said:

@DFBB

Agree with all your points. Two I'd like to make:
    I think the individual progress rewards for the club sprint event shouldn't be the same as the three day Prime event.

I also think if you pull a player that goes on to do something big in the season, ie: player of the week, there should be some bonus points given. Not as high as the POTW (15k/RBI) but higher than say a hit from any old Yankee (1k/hit). Reward the GM for keeping that player on their squad.

I'm not sure when it happened, but the tiers for the individual sprint and w/e used to be different. I love the idea of collecting guys, with hopes of them doing well.
  • demise44demise44 Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Id would like to see a new pitcher game mode thrown (no pun intended) in. I realize this would be a lot of work, but could be cool to have a pitcher version of WOH or something.
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I don’t mind all picks starting at Bronze and I’m gold so it can be brutal. But recognizing the importance of XP and Evo is key to managing that. However, one thing I’d like to see, which in a way goes along with this year’s “theme” of bonus/specialty players is - multi-position eligibility. Set parameters - 40 games played per position, or even limit the number of players in the game who can earn this designation, but adds an interesting component. Would also like to see a trace feature with limitations such as overall strength/level needing to be similar and have trades cost gold, but it would encourage collaboration and help with stacked positions. You could even limit number of trades/trades with a particular trading partner, or have gold board increase after certain number of trades. Don’t make it easy, necessarily but possible.
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    @Husker the multiple position eligibility dynamic could be huge. I’ve thought of this in the past and used to participate in fantasy leagues where players could gain position eligibility during the season. 10 games at a position during the season to “gain”eligibility at a position. 20 games at a position to carry it to the next season. Those certain players were SO VALUABLE to maintain a versatile/FLEXible line up. 

Miguel Cabrera and Edwin Encarnacion were two examples of those players, both with 1B & 3B eligibility. It’s been a few years, thanks for taking me back.

My free Prime Pick....still in cyberspace
  • tiptster99tiptster99 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    Inter club trading would be an awesome thing. It would help promote the club aspect of it. It would make being in a better club that much more important. 
  • DPKSDPKS Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    I’d like to be able to “cycle” the individual ranks in the compete tab for Tuesday’s and weekends. Or give us bonus tiers like you get when you spend gold. Should be more of a reason to streak as much as possible instead of it just being about bonus players. Think that would even it out just a little bit if you can’t get a good rank. 

The ability to trade players would would also be nice, but that might be hard to do with guys having the ability to load up 1 account. 

Also, there should be incentives or achievements for throwing a no hitter or perfect game. Doesn’t have to be a lot, maybe just like a #1 draft pick or 20 gold or something. But I always love seeing a perfect game pop up. 

More incentives to level up your team tier. The 900 gold doesn’t do it for me to move from gold. The xp, and gold needed to level guys from gold to platinum is a ridiculously high amount. 

And finally, this isn’t really an idea or anything just something that frustrates me. The all star boxes were available for 1 week. Got 5 SPs. And not one of them were used for a bonus so far. So I was excited to see who the bonus players were going to be. But then they added a whole new all star box with the same players, just slightly different, to buy for a bonus pts. It’s ridiculous to me that you can spend so much gold on specialty players, that won’t get used. Just doesn’t really make sense to me, but then again it is about money, and that’s how they get it. Idk maybe I just get frustrated about this for no reason, but sucks spending loads of gold getting guys from special boxes that will just sit on your bench unless they have a bonus. Idk. That’s all I have at the top of my head 
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    All about the bonuses is tough for clubs.  We’ve done well last couple weeks but have mostly all gotten one.  Hard thing is for those that don’t spend it get top 10s regularly to build up enough gold. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’d like to see my legend ranked the same as a legend. 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts

I’d like to see my legend ranked the same as a legend. 

This is a good point. My personal legend is maxed out but pales in comparison to my Primes and official Legend.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • nadeezynadeezy Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    I think a summary of everything you earned during events would be cool, especially after WOH and slugfest. Like at the end of an event it would say something like 100k cash 17 second round picks 28 late round picks and 56 gold. I think this would be nice to see how much progress you made during the event and get an idea of what to expect for other weeks.
  • BayouGatorsBayouGators Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    The ability to trade in unused late and 2nd rounders for xp without having to draft a hundred picks that won’t make roster 
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    I'd like to see a 5x draft or a box that includes all of the specialty picks we have seen in this version of TSB.  It would include Cactus/Grapefruit League players, prime players, All-stars, POTW(M), Nicknames, etc. etc...  I'd also love to see Bonus points with more variety instead of the typical hits, RBI, Ks that we get now.  Runs scored, base stealing, hell even sacrifices all could affect the results of a Sprint or a Main Event in ways that might change some roster decisions.  Forex, My first baseman Jose Abreu is really fast but I use a player with better hitting stats, even though Abreu is a great hitter.  He will always be my second choice b/c he doesn't slug like my starter.  This could be a different scenario if slugging were not the hands down key to offensive performance.  
    Love the option to trade in game resources, example being franchise coins for bonus games or ice wraps.  Got a ton of coins I don’t use and never enough bonus games. 
    Another thing I think would be cool would be to see club level of opponents during events.  As in the club level in club leaderboards not individuals. 
  • demise44demise44 Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    What about manager mode? Like each team also has a manager spot in which you can increase a skill with that manager or something of that nature.
    Equipment with built in boosts.  Would be cool to be able to get helmets, bats, shoes, gloves, etc that add a boost to a player.
    i think the progress rewards in Sprint and Main events for individual score are awful right now.
    edited July 2018
    Players improving based on actual MLB performance over the course of a season, so that their player info in Tap updates, would be awesome.  It would give the effect of a trade for a active MLB player.  Though it should be said that an in-season adjustment should be k applicable only in the most obvious scenarios. 
  • SpaceCoyoteSpaceCoyote Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Faster communication from Customer don’tCare.
  • BayouGatorsBayouGators Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I would also like club victories placed back visibly on your club wall, kinda like a trophy 🏆 
    Do away with the Tournament game option.