Landing Bambino

ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
Are people in your clubs landing the Great One or is everyone too put off by the weekend rewards? I just haven't seen too much bragging in the forums of people hitting the jackpot.

Comments

• caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Don’t think anyone in my club has even tried that I know of.  I haven’t even tried a box yet and probably won’t.  
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    I've seen several people pick him up. I'm dying for a shot, but I'm holding off until there's a more desirable guaranteed pickup in the fan rewards.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I know of 2 people that have him. I advised them to lead up on the special evo because who knows how long that box will be around. 
  • ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Right. Makes me think it would be hard to offer any of the GOATS later in the year, say with walkoff. Cuz then you need the player specific evo box to be active too. I just wish we could find out if the GOATS will cycle again another way. For example, when signature players arrive, regular legends are prizes in WOH as well as lower tier fan rewards.  Maybe some of you VIP’s can shed light on this....
  • SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    you have better luck finding tupac
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @ameeshcubbie woh started mid 2017 so there isn't really much I can offer on them offering regular legends when signature versions came out. I could be wrong but from what I remember they started giving out legends in the 4thvor 5th week of it starting. I believe Ted was the 1st Legend.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Yep....Ted it was during Xmas. Eventually some others like Rollie rolled through. I just wasn’t sure if you VIP guys get extra info in those newsletters GLU sends out pertaining to this topic. 
    @ameeshcubbie afraid not. No extra information other than new events that they plan to add. They did mention in the last newsletter thouhh that they are working on something that players have been wanting for years. I got my fingers crossed that it would be us carrying our teams into 19 which would explain all bronze starting draft picks leading to it taking longer for us to cap them.

That would be cool! Yeah I saw a posting of yours about this on another thread. I guess we’ll see. 
    Also if I remeber correctly they were all legends after ted. None signature versions though other than Fergie Jenkins. The other ones I remember were Tome Seaver, Phil Niekro, Vida Blue, Reggie Jackson & Mike Schmidt.

Good memory!
    Aaaand I just bought another 3K bambino box and got 6 prime draft picks. Just couldn't help myself with all this talk I guess :smile:

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Aaaand I just bought another 3K bambino box and got 6 prime draft picks. Just couldn't help myself with all this talk I guess :smile:
    I know someone who opened 18 of those 3K boxes to get him
    Yeah I want bambino @Bigpredfan but not that badly. Now if they ever offer a shoeless joe then we'll revisit this conversation. 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Houmy said:

I know someone who opened 18 of those 3K boxes to get him

On average, you need to open 40 of those boxes. That's just...well, it never happens to me. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I was excited to go for the babe this weekend but year fan rewards are garbage so Im holding out. Basically a prime player you have to upgrade with legend xp. And prime only pick sucks it will probably either be someone I already have or a low level prime. Lets hope for better next weekend, I really wanna go after the babe!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tribeWS18 said:

I was excited to go for the babe this weekend but year fan rewards are garbage so Im holding out. Basically a prime player you have to upgrade with legend xp. And prime only pick sucks it will probably either be someone I already have or a low level prime. Lets hope for better next weekend, I really wanna go after the babe!

I'm in the same boat. If you compare Orel with all star Max, he isn't significantly better. Yet, he will require precious legend xp. Prime only draft picks are unlikely to make my team so I've reluctantly decided to wait yet again. Very disappointing because I really wanted to take my shot at the Babe too.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    tribeWS18 said:

i got a max 409 soria which im happy im i want to work on my bullpen do him and prime 405 chapman along kimbrel and doolittle im happy
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    edited July 2018
    DFBB said:
    I'm in the same boat. If you compare Orel with all star Max, he isn't significantly better. Yet, he will require precious legend xp. Prime only draft picks are unlikely to make my team so I've reluctantly decided to wait yet again. Very disappointing because I really wanted to take my shot at the Babe too.
    The Legend players are always a good bet for "Super Bonus" some time in the future though, DFBB.  Hershiser has a great nickname, too.   It's The Bulldog.  Glu seems to like nicknames a lot.  It's a bit Little League-esque, but I'm not mad.
    paidoff said:

DFBB said:

tribeWS18 said:

The Legend players are always a good bet for "Super Bonus" some time in the future though, DFBB.  Hershiser has a great nickname, too.   It's The Bulldog.  Glu seems to like nicknames a lot.  It's s but Little League-esque, but I'm not mad.

and he is a dodger so they get plenty ofbonus
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I've tried 5 of the 1k boxes and didn't get him or much else. 
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    qkpony said:
    Not saying how to spend your gold but, you’d be better off spending the 3k to get the much better odds. 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts

qkpony said:

Not saying how to spend your gold but, you’d be better off spending the 3k to get the much better odds. 

Agreed. You are five times more likely to pull the Babe out of the 3k box.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • DPKSDPKS Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @ameeshcubbie afraid not. No extra information other than new events that they plan to add. They did mention in the last newsletter thouhh that they are working on something that players have been wanting for years. I got my fingers crossed that it would be us carrying our teams into 19 which would explain all bronze starting draft picks leading to it taking longer for us to cap them.

Houmy said:
    If it’s not the carrying over, what do you think of the possibility of a trading system? Seems like a good idea if they can figure out a good way to pull it off (Without guys with multiple teams just loading up 1 team)
  • corkslanger87corkslanger87 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I've been saying that you should be able to trade within your club...I just wish I could trade all these useless energy drinks in for ice packs..lol
  • maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    Sharing resources would be great for us, horrible business model for GLU. This will never happen.
  • ironhorseironhorse Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Gave 2 shots for the babe to no avail. Points to the outfield calling my shot. I will either strike out miserably or hit a homer!! After all, 3 is a charm.