Old potw- to keep them or not

YANKSCOWBYS4LIFEYANKSCOWBYS4LIFE Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
Need your expert opinion guys!
Got the old potw sitting inactive cause once they lose their boost they are capped around 190 gold level 6. Yea np harm keeping them around but what's the benefit. If they were to be potw in future I'm assuming they wont xount towards bonus points and only ones bought from then current potw box will. Please shed some light. Tha k you in advance.

Comments

• dabartledabartle Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    When Scooter Gennett was named POTW earlier this season for a second time, the first weeks version I had reverted to a current active POTW. Don't know if that always is the case though.
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    dabartle said:

When Scooter Gennett was named POTW earlier this season for a second time, the first weeks version I had reverted to a current active POTW. Don't know if that always is the case though.

Yes, that is always the case, so you should always hold on to former POW. If they happen to win the award again, the bonus stats will re-activate, and you will have a stud for the week without having to fork out any additional gold
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    I just started deleting mine.  Moving up and that xp is needed.  Think I’m going to get bonus players but focus on leveling a team up and bonus guys to where they will score decently,
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited July 2018
    If they get potw again, not only are they reboosted, they take on the new max and bonus skills!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Definitely hang on to them. I know XP’s tough to come by, but so is the 1100 gold it takes to buy one POTW box later. Except for this issue with the April/May Scherzer where they had to have overlap because they extended April POTM that extra week, former POTM’s boost as well. I’ve got Diaz April and June and both are boosted.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Husker said:

Definitely hang on to them. I know XP’s tough to come by, but so is the 1100 gold it takes to buy one POTW box later. Except for this issue with the April/May Scherzer where they had to have overlap because they extended April POTM that extra week, former POTM’s boost as well. I’ve got Diaz April and June and both are boosted.

The whole Diaz thing was strange. Now, everyone will expect former potm players to be re-boosted if they win again. I believe it was stated that they wouldn't reboost former potm. For example, they didn't reboost max, who won the potm the first two months of the year.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I hear what you are saying. My April Diaz is boosted but the badge still says April and is grayed out, which is odd. I'm sure you remember what happened with Scherzer - April POTM were extended a week after the POTW/M were deactivated early during the Monday walk off event, which overlapped with May POTM boxes.

It's been odd both months so I'm hanging on to my POTM's, but it's getting close as my locked inactives are full. If I dump them, I'll probably go in order of how likely I think they'll win again - I loved Austin Meadows when he was active, but he's basically a late inning replacement guy now.
  • ironhorseironhorse Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    My previous player of the week is still one of my most productive on my team. Gleyber Torres is by far having an incredible year on my tap team. My advice is to keep playing them unless you find someone more productive. Even then, It would good to save the player for that player's team comes up for the daily bonuses. Hope this helps.