Walk off hero questions

soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
Hey everyone, just a few questions on my favorite event. I'm getting closer (closer...not close yet) to having a chance to cycle it, and am looking for every last piece of help I can get.
Just curious on a number of factors. I havent really been paying enough attention, but it's been a while since I've had an once of hope so...thats my excuse =p :
What's the situation in level 5 round 9-10? Never seen 10, and I'm batting .000 in my three or four trips to round 9 and don't remember what it was.
Do the pitchers in level 5 change every week?
Is it even, more or less likely to see RHPs in level 5 round 9-10 than LHPs?
If you've cycled in platinum, roughly what overalls were your best two or three hitters?

I have prime ramos at g10 (gold 10) and the 188k pxp it takes to get to p10, legend Carter at g7, enough regular xp to get a lefty bat to p10 (once I find one...ugh) and a full roster of right handed g10s (325-355 max overalls). I clear to level 5 round 6 somewhat easily but struggle after. Just want to be more ready when I'm finally graced with a solid lefty (or two)!

I appreciate any answers/suggestions/help, regardless whether I asked specifically for it or not. This game is a struggle in platinum and I just want to be competitive!

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Let me see what I can do here

5-9 from this last week I really don’t remember much about in terms of the situation, but 5-10 this week you started 5 runs down with 0 on base

the last few pitchers, normally 7-10, change a little at least. Scherzer has been 10 for the last 2-3 weeks now. 

The last 5 pitchers this week had 4 as right handed and 1 lefty. That will change, but they are almost always right.

hopefully that helps a little. A high leveled up left handed is awesome to have for sure
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    edited July 2018
    Thank you! Crap, guess my lack of lefties is worse than I thought. I have Votto matic not juiced up, guess it could be time to bump him. 

I guess I should add this question to the list...what overalls are level 5 round 9-10 pitchers? And how close should I be for a respectable chance?
    Your best chance most weeks if you don’t have a good prime or a prime left leveled up is to go with a boosted POTW. A 425-max right can get it don’t. I’m sure if you are in platinum, which it sounds like, that for sure won’t be fun to try to eat to platinum 10 every week, but that has the ability to beat it. Be patient. It can take 15-20 cracks at it, but it can happen most weeks
    Yeah I can't afford the 62 evo and 119k xp just for one shot. However, if I find a lefty and get a potw to gold 10 (only 31k so and 12 evo) to leave Carter for round 7 it could work. Haven't even thought about potw for a while, good point.
    Would the platoon advantage in round 9 or ten still help enough if I had a lefty at 208 overall? I could get Votto to that at gold 10, just not sure that'd be high enough to still do damage.
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I think it’d be tough at Platinum with gold players, even primes. Specialty platters are pretty much a must. And platoon advantage is crucial. I had my toughest time last week because my top 2 guys POTW Reynolds and POTM Bregnan are both RH - I think it took me 5 or 6 shots at Scherzer (I’m Gold btw). Most weeks I’ve got him/round 10 in 1 or 2 tries. Level 5 - all pitchers 1-6 are RH. Kimbrel has been 7 for a couple weeks and the last 3 change (except Scherzer last couple weeks) usually reflecting a pitcher who was a bonus player recently. I always buy POTW - great odds and high max - for WOH - dreading a week when it’s a pitcher again. Good luck with beating it - IMHO it’s the most fun event in the game.
    It’s also the most rewarding event. Just keep trying anyways and you will get picks, cash, gold, franchise coins, bonus games. The more you play the better your rewards from that day are
    edited July 2018
    Thanks guys, much appreciated. I usually spend most of my tap time on Mondays farming level 1 which is...not the most fun lol

How much difference in overall would in effect 'cancel out' the platoon advantage? For example, if i had a right handed hitter at 290 overall and a lefty at 208, which would give me the best shot at scherzer (if I ever made it to him)?
    I do that as well. Not fun, but very productive. 
    Soxfan - good question. I'd want a spread of 25-30 at least. I used POTW Reynolds last week - I think his hit rating was in the 260 range, rather than Baby Giraffe Belt, who is hit 232. Luckily for me - I have POTW Ramirez this week - I love switch hitters!
    edited July 2018
    Thinking about doing a few last ditch efforts at the NL all star box, think it's worth it to chase a lefty from that or no?

The only upgrades to max overall I'd get would be 2b, 3b or rp.
    I'm debating just that. I'd love to get Harper or Freeman - a max 425 lefty who doesn't need prime xp? Yes, please. But I've had pretty bad luck with those boxes, both purchased and CVC rewards - only player I got from 10 NL boxes is Felipe Vazquez - twice. Would love for one of those guys to be the Walk Off prize tomorrow, but doubt it since the boxes are done tonight. Still thinking about just one more try - but that would cut into my gold for the upcoming week.
    edited July 2018
    Hoping to pull off this last mvp...maybe Harper awaits!

Edit...got 3750 xp from it XD
    I feel your pain. That stinks. I'm still going back and forth - even 355 Markakis - his starting hit rating is higher than the max Harper.
    I got Nick out of the box. His hitting at gold 10 is 245 which is very nice for sure