Walk Off Hero Today

redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
edited July 2018 in General TSB Discussion
For those curious about what you’re facing at the end of Round 5 today,  5.7 is Kenley Jansen (RH), 5.8 is Edwin Diaz (RH), 5.9 is Sean Doolittle (LH), and 5.10 is Justin Verlander (RH)

Comments

• MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Thanks for the info. Got a switch Reyes in the Prime Only. Hoping my first lefty can help me get over the hump. I was stuck on 5.9 last week.
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Been stuck at second to last guy since leaping to diamond.  Needed gold to be competitive in more events or I wouldn’t have,  miss cycling events.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Been stuck at second to last guy since leaping to diamond.  Needed gold to be competitive in more events or I wouldn’t have,  miss cycling events.
    I leveled to diamond as well..very tough. 
  • ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Can anybody confirm that all star Freeman is 425 max? I forget 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts

Yes, this is correct.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    Double play every single fastball on Doolittle.
    Got past Doolittle and smoked by Verlander twice.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Keep at it, he is much easier then schzwer. I used a righty and took 2 attempts.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Yes, this is correct.
    Thank you
  • VancouverCanucksVancouverCanucks Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Having a ton of trouble making contact with Verlander. Any tips on which pitches I might have success hitting? Obviously not curve, but timing the sinker? Or two-seamer?
    edited July 2018

Having a ton of trouble making contact with Verlander. Any tips on which pitches I might have success hitting? Obviously not curve, but timing the sinker? Or two-seamer?

Only swing at those when you have two strikes. Your best chance at success is hitting the fastball or changeup to opposite field (says the guy who's 0-11 against Verlander so far today :) )
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m 1-7 oddly enough the first 4 tried I did well scoring at least 3 runs in every attempt winning the 4th on a bases loaded walk, next 3 times I made 9 straight outs.  Never finished twice would like some more Prime exp since I blow at slugfest so ill give it a go again in a little bit.  Cost me about 1,000 gold to win then 440 to get him evolved to gold because I had to buy evo:/

Only swing at those when you have two strikes. Your best chance at success is hitting the fastball or changeup to opposite field (says the guy who's 0-11 against Verlander so far today :) )
    What are you swinging at for Doolittle? I think his slow fastball is messing me up, I should try to be later.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Doolittle only has a fastball, change and curveball, don’t swing at the curve unless two strikes, the other two you can hit try to pick up whether it’s the heater or the change and if the change hold back on it and try to send it the other way.  With some practice you’ll get used to what he’s offering.
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    edited July 2018
    I can't get past Doolittle. I've tried prime trout and prime bam bam. Its making me angry. All day I've been stuck there. Any pointers would be awesome 
    qkpony said:

I can't get past Doolittle. I've tried prime trout and prime bam bam. Its making me angry. All day I've been stuck there. Any pointers would be awesome 

I've gotten past Doolittle a few times today using Trout, so I'd say that's the guy to use. Only swing if the ball is perfectly straight and right down the middle of the plate. Even then, always try to swing late and hit the ball to opposite field. If Doolittle is throwing all curves there's not much you can do, but keep patient and wait for something straight. Good luck!
    Proud TSB VIP!
    I give up. This is making me angry. 
    Finally made it past Doolittle with Swanson. But now to beat the 5-0 with Verlander. Got to 5-2 lol. Then video restart messed up and lost it.
  • SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    tha game keep force quitting on me i got heated was on 5-10

down 5-3 runners on 2nd and 3rd 1 out ahhh froze n crashed

tha game keep force quitting on me i got heated was on 5-10

down 5-3 runners on 2nd and 3rd 1 out ahhh froze n crashed

Ahhh, that's the worst. I have found that if you are doing a screen capture, for some reason, the game does not freeze. You can download the free app "TechSmith Capture". Then, just start recording before you begin an important round, and your game should run smooth as silk.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    I actually use D U recorder
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Honestly the amount of maintenence activities most of us have to go through to try snd keep the game from crashing/freezing/lagging/glitching is unreal. Since I'm addicted and couldnt get past Doolittle after 2.5 hours of trying and did have some of these issues crop up, i will add the recording app idea to the list.... thx guys.
    It's all done with mirrors
    what a pain to deal with!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @qkpony, my best advice would be to try and cap your prime hitters asap. If you have your top 3 hitters capped, (primes) it should make things easier for you. Still takes patience and waiting for the right pitch selection to come your way.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy