Options

Slugger Sanchez

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
Does anyone have 5-star slugger Sanchez leveled up?  I just got him from a free pick and want to see where he would fit in before sinking XP into him. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    edited July 2018
    Sorry, I was thinking regular 5star Sanchez
  • Options
    Could you send a screenshot of your sluggers, like you are choosing one for a derby battle?
  • Options
    Here is what I have. If he isn’t better than Stanton he isn’t worth it to me

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Nice sluggers @Bigpredfan ! You're definitely on your way
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    As you can see, I have the ability to cycle, but it uses a lot of gold right now
  • Options

As you can see, I have the ability to cycle, but it uses a lot of gold right now

Yeah, that's the thing that gives me pause about going gold. I've yet to spend on events, but everyone I know spends in gold to cycle derby.
  • Options
    tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Sorry if i missed it but didnt see that anyone answered, sanchez is rated 2 less than stanton at silver
  • Options
    tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:

Yeah, that's the thing that gives me pause about going gold. I've yet to spend on events, but everyone I know spends in gold to cycle derby.
    @DFBB how is your slugger strength at the moment? I just went gold and so far have increased my sluggers from 32K to 38K only so I'll let you know tomorrow how much tougher it will be if that is the main thing holding you back from going gold. Can get the sluggers much higher with the available XP but figured I just max my top 3 primes and top 2 5 stars for now and if need be max more tomorrow. No point wasting EVO/Gold/XP on the bottom ones that would be replaced in case I cycle.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Houmy said:

DFBB said:

@DFBB how is your slugger strength at the moment? I just went gold and so far have increased my sluggers from 32K to 38K only so I'll let you know tomorrow how much tougher it will be if that is the main thing holding you back from going gold. Can get the sluggers much higher with the available XP but figured I just max my top 3 primes and top 2 5 stars for now and if need be max more tomorrow. No point wasting EVO/Gold/XP on the bottom ones that would be replaced in case I cycle.
    Awesome @Houmy! My slugger strength is currently 33390 in silver. Good luck on the move to gold! I'm looking forward to hearing about your derby experience. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    My pleasure @DFBB . One thing I have noticed right away is that it is harder to find opponents for the cash battles. Used to do 3 or 4 rounds of 13 battles a day making $$$ to spend autoplaying slugfest. Couldn't find too many opponents yesterday but I'll try again today as most may have been playing WOH yesterday so no time for slugging. I'll keep you posted on the progress. I just got tired of staying silver. It is the best way to gather resources but I wasn't having any more fun with my players not going up in levels any more. Time to have some fun :smile:

• Options
    lumberjackerlumberjacker Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    The best thing to do is to switch over your roster decision from overall to potential and see where he ranks.
  • Options
    @lumberjacker that's actually a good idea. @Bigpredfan if you do that though you may have to purchase a second round draft pick for $4K to get the sluggers to rearrange/refresh.

• Options
    Not a bad idea at all @lumberjacker. Appreciate that. Learning he was below Stanton I traded him in for a little XP would have been my 8th best slugger. Not worth the XP when I can cycle already
  • Options
    @DFBB here is the update I promised and keep in mind that what I am saying is just based on my personal experience and my roster so anyone wanting to go gold should do it at their own risk:

It is still manageable albeit much harder. It used to take me 45 minutes to an hour max to cycle in silver without using any restarts or boosts and today it took a full two hours and about 1K gold spent for 2 extra restarts and batter boost. And the restarts were actually all for 6-9 and I cycled without any restarts on 6-10.

I had already maxed 3 primes and 2 5 stars thinking that would be enough but had to max one more prime and another 5 star to avoid restarting at the beginning of the level and speed things up. As it is now I will probably be able to cycle 2-4 times only versus the 7-8 in Silver but I am guessing if I continue to cycle in the coming weeks then that number should go up again as my bottom sluggers get replaced by the stronger ones and cycling will be faster again.

I took Machado to gold 4 for now and will try and cycle some more and if I can't max him through cycling then I'll use the XP I have left to max him as to me it is the best investment as far as prime XP goes in hopes of cycling more and faster in the future.

Below is my current sluggers and their levels and if yours is comparable and you cycle in Silver with ease and hopefully not needing restarts then you may also be able to cycle in gold assuming you have enough XP/Gold/EVO to upgrade your sluggers. Hope the information helps and again I cannot emphasize this enough that going up in tiers should be at your own risk.

• Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Cycled for the first time today in Silver. No gold, one loss (level 5 mid round) and took about 30 mins. I think it was just luck since I have been struggling lately and could not beat the top slugger last week. I cannot believe I breezed through level 6 first try, I think Donaldson only put up like 30k in level 6 round 10, so super lucky.
  • Options
    Congrats on your first cycle @MacGruber

• Options
    @Houmy, thank you so much for such a detailed summary. I feel like I'm approaching where you were prior to making the jump. I know it's not 'smart' per se, but at the end of the day, we play to have fun. I have a considerable amount of resources, but will wait until I can get some legend xp. Thanks again for your summary!
  • Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    My sluggers are garbage. Ever since they added the 6th level I cant cycle. I actually really hate wednesdays now. I don't ever get anything in draft pics and without being able to cycle I'm just stuck with what I have.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I finally got into level 6 today and was able to get to round 6, stopped there because I struggled with level 5 and was just kinda spent, I’ll probably play a little more later to see if I can get any farther I do wish at least for Wednesday’s that I stayed Silver but I do well the other 6 days a week at Gold 6 including cycling WoH 3 of the last 4 weeks and it has improved my mainline roster a ton having both Judge and Freeman All Stars in the lineup.
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    @Houmy, thanks for sharing the details of your experience moving to the gold tier. The cost of resources at the gold tier is clearly a huge jump from the silver tier. I may wait a little longer than I planned just to make sure I hit the ground running when I make the jump.

• Options
    @DFBB & @rmouse511 my pleasure. To further update I was able to do 3 full cycles and then pass level 5 one 4th time for the XP so I ended up getting half the XP that I would usually get in Silver. The subsequent cycles did get easier though with less gold needed as I adjusted my game plan and hitting once I had a better idea of what to expect. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can get back to the 7-8 cycles and I am already dreading the 7th level they'll add once Legend XP is given out.

• Options
    Houmy said:

@DFBB & @rmouse511 my pleasure. To further update I was able to do 3 full cycles and then pass level 5 one 4th time for the XP so I ended up getting half the XP that I would usually get in Silver. The subsequent cycles did get easier though with less gold needed as I adjusted my game plan and hitting once I had a better idea of what to expect. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can get back to the 7-8 cycles and I am already dreading the 7th level they'll add once Legend XP is given out.

Can you shed light on the amount of gold you spent in the 2nd and 3rd cycles? Also, do you think it's realistic to be able to cycle w/o spending on boosts?
  • Options
    @DFBB I didn't really track the amount of gold per cycle but in total it cost me about 3500 gold which I was fine with as the amount of restarts needed was reduced with subsequent cycles and if I can get it to where I was in silver where I would just spend gold on a boost on 6-10 only then it is gold well spent. Cycling without a boost would not be possible in my opinion as you are greatly outmatched on the last batter and I actually used gold to replay Harper on both 6-9 & 6-10 as 6-9 was even harder for me than 6-10.

• Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    DFBB said:

Houmy said:

Can you shed light on the amount of gold you spent in the 2nd and 3rd cycles? Also, do you think it's realistic to be able to cycle w/o spending on boosts?
    I was able to cycle with the Schwarber given out last week as my top slugger and no boost on Silver. When I got back to the top I lost to Manny (with Manny) twice by ~20 points (almost threw my phone). On the third try boosted 10% and beat him first try.
  • Options
    @Houmy As always, I really appreciate your insight.

@MacGruber Gold derby is considerably more difficult than silver derby.
  • Options
    @MacGruber as @DFBB pointed out gold is much harder so make sure you are well stocked on XP and prime/5* sluggers before going gold. You pretty much have to go 10 for 10 every time on level 6 and for the last 4 or 5 rounds even going 10-10 may not be enough if you don't get the maximum points possible with most hits in those rounds.