There should be incentives to move to gold, plat, etc.

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
As is, the sweet spot for TSB is silver. In silver, resources can be farmed and bonus players can be maxed out without much thought. At gold(and beyond), resources become a huge burden and must be carefully considered. As a whole, the club events are much easier in the lower levels than their more 'advanced' counterparts. I'm currently in silver and although I'd love the idea of moving forward to gold, there's absolutely no incentive to do so.
I propose that higher level(silver/gold/plat/diamond) should get multipliers for club events. This would encourage teams to move up and give us some much needed variety. It would also add a nice layer of strategy when forming clubs.
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• JakeFromStFarmJakeFromStFarm Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I see no reason to move up. I would reconsider if players bought from boxes were at team level as opposed to bronze1, no way im leveling from bronze1 to Platinum or Diamond just to make a bonus player useful for 1 or 2 events. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the most blatant changed needed. Picks need to start at the team level; If you're gold, your players should start at gold. 

• lugoexpresslugoexpress Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    Then at least when u trade in bad picks I can get a little more xp. But if they haven’t done it by now they ain’t gonna do it 
  • frenchrabbitfrenchrabbit Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I agree. I am gold and can’t get enough XP and now prime XP to level them up
  • ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    Totally agree with everyone, I'm Platinum and it's getting harder and harder to have a good team without spending a bit of money
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • slaphandsslaphands Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I also agree. This new player foundation is horrible! No way in hell I'd move up knowing it would be a money pit. That is really the only way to get a decent team at higher tiers. It's fn ridiculous. 
  • ballit99ballit99 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    edited July 2018
    I am in platinum level ace. What good are late round, second round, and even most first round picks? As you level up your rewards should increase. As you take on more responsibility and move up the company's ladder,  you expect an increase in salary. Thank you. 
  • TwitchSTLTwitchSTL Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I think that changing the starting rank for new players would be wise.

If you're bronze or silver, then leave the new players at Bronze 1.
    If you're gold tier, new players should be Silver 1.
    If you're Platinum Tier, new players should be Gold 1.

Etc... 
  • cbidgejbagscbidgejbags Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Not sure if this has happened to anyone else.  Maybe just my bad luck.  What about duplicate players you get with mystery boxes when your team/players is capped at Silver/Gold 10 and all you get is duplicate XP.  I think the XP amount should be more or offer XP and Evo.  It was such a bummer to spend 300+ gold twice and get same player both times and only get duplicate bronze level XP, that is.
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Is a bummer if hes capped and you draft him again. But its a risk everytime we click buy. Im out about 2,500 gold today (so far) with only a Zimmerman to show for it. I may buy 2 more, but the odds seem to be getting harder, even though as a platinum player (like i am) they say you get better drafts. 

I really would prefer the option to just buy a bonus guy with cash. Maybe have pot luck boxes and the option to buy outright.
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    There's definitely little reason to go past silver and tons of reasons not to.

Let's count the reasons to go to higher levels:
    1. At lower levels, winning streaks in prime events seem to be shorter. Bronze teams seem to max out around 10 games. Occasionally longer. Silver seems to max out around 19. Again, occasionally longer. Maxed gold teams routinely hit 29 game streaks.
    2. In. CvC, higher level teams definitely score better on auto.

Unfortunately, both of these reasons have little meaning. The rewards for prime weekend events are a joke. No one should level up to perform better in a weekend event just to get a few extra XP when you'll need tens of thousands to make a difference. And, they're not even doing CvC right now apparently.

Let's look at why you shouldn't level up past silver:

1. Slugfest. That's enough right there. As a silver, the derby is beatable. That means lots of prime XP, which can be used for both rosters. Starting at the gold level, beating slugfest is nearly impossible. Just leveling up 1 slugger to gold 10 from gold 9 costs 10000 XP. Even if you're on a top 10 club and max out every event, it'd take 2-3 months to level up your entire slugger roster. Then, you'd still probably lose on 6-10 when your opponent scores 6200 points.
  • ItsDaDogInMeItsDaDogInMe Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I should of stayed at Silver and filled my team up with all Prime players before going to gold. Now I will not leave Gold level 1 until I am max out 🤦‍♂️
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited August 2018
    There’s essentially no difference between gold 1 and gold 6 just don’t go past that into plat, with that said next year I’ll go to gold but will wait till my sluggers are a bit more well rounded first.  Playing catch-up and not having more premium sluggers means I top out at 5.10 to middle level 6. I panicked because I was losing to gold teams and not streaking on the weekends at the time when the weekends still were netting upgrades in the form of normal 5 Star players.
  • bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Interesting comments. I have my team sitting in silver and should have stayed bronze a lot longer for more chances at sluggers.
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Imagine the struggle at diamond.  Slugfest is a big no go.  Can get to last guy on walkoff but all sprint and bonus games day can do exactly same as I did before.  Only benefit is gold.
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Not totally sure I could keep up without progressing.  Not much extra income to be able to chunk at the game like others.  But getting the 7500 gold every so often is really nice! 
  • gotigersgo2435gotigersgo2435 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I went to platinum in 17. Silver now for 18. My team strength was at 88K for last year, 72K now. I don't believe I will ever move to gold even though that Miami Marlins matchup is on the screen tempting me!
  • reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    I made the mistake of moving to gold too quickly. It is a money pit, yes, and you dont get nay better rewards wherher youre platinum or bronze. No incentives to make that mistake next year, ill stay bronze and silver as long as possible. 
  • Spyder1Spyder1 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    DFBB said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the most blatant changed needed. Picks need to start at the team level; If you're gold, your players should start at gold. 

This used to happen in 2017, not sure why they took that away
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Spyder1 said:

This used to happen in 2017, not sure why they took that away

Because now they can charge you more to level up your players. It's purely greed motivated.
    Yeah I’ll be staying Silver a lot longer next season unless there is more of an incentive not to.
    Yeah I’ll be staying Silver a lot longer next season unless there are incentives to change that idea.
    YES!!!! They did it! 
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @DFBB huh? What did they do?
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    They gave multipliers for club events if you're silver/gold/plat/diamond. For example, gold is a 1.4 multiplier and Diamond is a 2x multiplier!
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @DFBB unless they start dishing out more prime and legend XP I wont even think about leveling up. I'll keep myself parked in Silver. No way I can go gold and level up the prime sluggers and prime players I have. I'd be shooting myself in the foot for an extra .2 multiplier lol. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I got to gold before I realized what a mistake it was and I've hung out in the playoffs for Gold lvl 6 for months and I don't plan on going any farther.
    @nym5fan I totally understand. I want to go gold too, but like everyone else, I need lxp bad.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Platinum 6 is a 1.6 bonus...ill take it in an otherwise not so great team

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• EndpointEndpoint Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    There is now but sadly the bonus doesn't apply to XP or Prime XP, which is stupid.