Options

Why advance to higher levels?

ballit99ballit99 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
edited July 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
I am in platinum level ace. What good are late round, second round, and even most first round picks? As you level up your rewards should increase. As you take on more responsibility and move up the company's ladder,  you expect an increase in salary. Thank you. 

Comments

• Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    The only benefit is the XP you get when you trade in the players you receive.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    ballit99ballit99 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, 60 xp for a late rounder. Only 4000 away from leveling up one player one point.  Yay! We should be getting 1st round picks at least and more cash, more evo, more of everything.  
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @ballit99 I've seen platinum teams that are weaker than silver teams as some just level up too soon without having the resources and players needed to compete in those tiers. Now GLU probably won't change the reward structure but if they did then they should also have a condition that players would need to have a team worthy of the tier they are in before getting those higher, more valuable, rewards. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    I’m at a relatively weak diamond 3 level. But do ok in all events except slugfest.  Currently don’t even try.  7500 gold is reason I have been leveling.  It’s more about the bonus players u have in sprint events than how long u streak for and it allows me to go get em. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m in gold and I’m not advancing any higher for quite some time.  At 300 gold and 30 evo per standard player and 900 gold and 150 evo per prime to level them to platinum the cost crunch is just too much.  Assuming I wouldn’t get any upgrades from now I’d need 9,000 gold and 1,200 evo to upgrade my starting lineup and pitching staff to platinum.  This doesn’t even account for WoH and slugfest which takes your level into account being that much more brutal.  Hopefully next year they take this into account to give some incentive to want to advance divisions.
  • Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    You are correct, walkoff is a no go for me period.  I just play bonus games that day to continue get closer to next diamond level.  Walkoff I get to second to last guy.  But just low reached level 4 diamond and it’s not a bad haul 7.5 gold 250k blue and 100 bonus games.  Guess I’m a good guy to have today since I grind bonus games.
  • Options
    TwitchSTLTwitchSTL Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I agree with ya. I think that your skill level should determine where your draft pick starts from. 

Example: If you're bronze or silver, then draft picks should stay at bronze 1. 

If you're Gold, draft picks should start at Silver 1. 

Continue this system for all draft picks in the game. 

However, I think that even 1st round picks are a waste of gold at Silver 1. I don't recall getting anyone higher than 4 stars for a 1st rounder. #1 picks seem to be even worse. You almost have better luck with 1st round picks than #1 picks.

• Options
    HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    TwitchSTL said:

I agree with ya. I think that your skill level should determine where your draft pick starts from. 

Example: If you're bronze or silver, then draft picks should stay at bronze 1. 

If you're Gold, draft picks should start at Silver 1. 

Continue this system for all draft picks in the game. 

Agree with this 100%. While you're only saving a couple evo, 40 gold and 850 xp by starting Gold team players at Silver, I think it acknowledges and encourages advancing in the game with an incentive, rather than a penalty (such as streaks diminishing with win total forcing moves upward). Same concept from gold to platinum - you aren't actually getting something INCREDIBLY valuable - leveling players 1-10 at higher levels costs a bunch as it is - but it would be an incentive.

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I guess we have another 7-9 months before we can find out if I am just being too hopeful or not but I have a strong feeling that the whole bronze draft pick policy is a prelude to 18 teams transferring to the 19 version. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong though so got my fingers crossed.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Use to be anyone could compete at a high level on effort alone. But in this system, money wins everytime. Im at a crossroads tring to decide if i want to open the wallet, start over, or walk away. I just wish i knew more about the consequences of leveling up. And i still dont see the alleged obvious rewards. I was hoping for a VIP tag to show my efforts off like a badge of honor. But now its just 10 times the work, less rewards, and a lot more pricey to continue. Its simply not a good balance. Can be tweeked and corrected, but its unclear if GLU sees it in the same light we do.
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    Houmy said:
    @ballit99 I've seen platinum teams that are weaker than silver teams as some just level up too soon without having the resources and players needed to compete in those tiers. Now GLU probably won't change the reward structure but if they did then they should also have a condition that players would need to have a team worthy of the tier they are in before getting those higher, more valuable, rewards. 
    You said it best! Why does the game allow us (many of us anyway) to win the playoffs so easily when we clearly werent ready to move up? Please make playoffs atleast as hard as walkoff. Ive never cycled on Monday or Wednesday, and im at Ace level! Why? I wasnt ready. 
  • Options
    And dont rank my sluggers equal to my team! They are completely seperate. GLU just found another way to harm higher ranked players. Show me something for my headaches, hardwork and, dedication. Right now i just get mocked for my "success" and advancement. Thanks guys!