Options

Can you play TSB 18 on a computer?

tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
Can I play on my laptop using an android emulator? Anyone do this?

Comments

• Options
    TimberwolfTimberwolf Registered Users 46 Posts
    Yep, you sure can. You can create new instances on Nox too, so you can create as many teams as you want. Just as long as your computer has the RAM to handle it
  • Options
    HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I tried it last year with Nox and could get through the tutorial, but never got it where it was actually playable. I think that’s because I don’t have a great laptop. Wouldn’t mind having a much bigger screen (and another team or two because I like building them up - even asked my wife to let me put one in her phone, which I only get to play on weekends). I’m addicted.
  • Options
    RAM is the key. Shutdown any programs you aren't using and maybe disable antivirus if necessary. A newer computer shouldn't have trouble if there's not much running. You can also change the performance settings in Nox from low to high. Lower the number it'll use less resources and if you want the best experience turn it up all the way, but it'll use more RAM that way. I also disable sound in the game. Figured that might help a little. You can also check on an app called parallel space which will let you run multiple accounts for the same game on your phone or tablet.
  • Options
    Thanks - I might give Nox another try. I wouldn't be surprised if using parallel space might be considered a cheat tool, since the intent is one team per device. I've got quite a bit of money into both my phone and tablet teams and wouldn't want to risk losing them.
  • Options
    I hear ya there. Definitely not worth the risk. I know people that have been jailed for resetting their advertising ID's too much for more videos... So ya never know.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Husker the one team per device rule this year is not meant to stop you from having multiple teams. It was designed to prevent loaders logging into your account on their devices and enable you to cheat by buying discounted gold and other things. Of course there is no way for GLU to know you are doing this on a computer with no intention of cheating so it's best not to risk it.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    I know that was the purpose and I agree it was necessary, but it's not always easy to tell what GLU might decide is cheating - sometimes it's buying a discounted box they send to everyone - that was a really nifty parameter they set there.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    My apologies - that sounds unnecessarily snarky. @Houmy - do YOU think using parallel space would be exploiting? Given that you’re not violating the intent of the one team per device rule, i.e., logging in from multiple devices?
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Husker not a problem. Personally I don't see it as violating anything but that was my point. There is no telling what GLU may think of it.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    TOUGHNUTZTOUGHNUTZ Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    glu dont mind , as it sends through all the data of both the game and the emulator so its easier to catch cheats , down side is like @houmy said ram , 1 game chews up 70 - 90 % of 4gb ram then opening a second at the same time almost kills it , ALSO when your running these emulators google play updates every week or 2 causing them to reset data ,or the emulator has an update and wont connect if you which took me 4 weeks to get back and i only bothered as it was our leader lol ,,,,,, another problem you will run into is NO EXTRA GOLD , or very limited as the emulator makes up a device number which plays up when collecting the gold
    so my verdict is YAY but NA , if you dont mind the risks of loosing ya team the positives ive found is that the success rate of pulling bonus and prime players is like 1 in 4 but i cant play when in a pinch as it glitches on the pitcher always , better to pick up cheap device from china ( NO NAME fake IPHONE 8 or samsung 9 for 10 bucks a pop )
    TOUGHNUTS ( NO HALF SENDERS and TSB GRINDERS ) FORMALLY BIGGYBANANAS ( TSB 17 )
  • Options
    I looked at it and seemed like it’d be a  PIA. I probably don’t need another team anyway. But man - I would like a bronze slugfest team for Wednesday’s.