Walk off Hero Today

redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
For those looking to see what you’ll face at the end of round 5:  Jacob Degrom is 5.7(RH) (runner at 2nd down 1),  Brad Hand (LH) is 5.8 (runners at 1st and 3rd down 2),  Prime Jake Arrietta (RH) is 5.9 (runners at 1st and 2nd down 4), Corey Kluber (RH) is 5.10 (runner at 1st down 5).  Good luck and hopefully you will cycle!  Kluber took me 7 tries and around 1400 gold to win.

Comments

• VancouverCanucksVancouverCanucks Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    thank you for this!
    Arrieta caused me a lot of trouble but finally got past. Many thanks.
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Never going to make it so probably won't matter :)
    Made it to Verlander easy last week (could not beat him). Since then added Prime Harper and RHP Special Realmuto and cannot get past 4-8.
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    0-13 so far against Kluber. 3,280 gold down the drain in boosts and restarts.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    MacGruber said:

Never going to make it so probably won't matter :)
    Made it to Verlander easy last week (could not beat him). Since then added Prime Harper and RHP Special Realmuto and cannot get past 4-8.

I was stuck on level 4 for a bit today. Maeda is always a punk and Treinen refused to feed me fastballs. Once I got to level 5, I beat it without any boosts the first time through. Basically, don't let level four get you down.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.

I think paying for boosts is more than okay, but I hate the idea of paying for restarts unless you are in a time crunch.
    DFBB said:

I think paying for boosts is more than okay, but I hate the idea of paying for restarts unless you are in a time crunch.
    I'm desperate. I used to beat Walk-Off easily within the first hour every single week. Four weeks ago, everything changed. I'm 0-15 so far today with 3,440 Gold spent. About 0-75 on round 5-10 over the past four weeks. It has become impossible.

Proud TSB VIP!

0-2 so far once I got past 4-8 Kluber has been the only trouble spot.
    I'm desperate. I used to beat Walk-Off easily within the first hour every single week. Four weeks ago, everything changed. I'm 0-15 so far today with 3,440 Gold spent. About 0-75 on round 5-10 over the past four weeks. It has become impossible.

That sounds annoyingly frustrating. I can tell that you're quite knowledgeable with the game. At this point, you just have to convince yourself that you've just had bad luck. It will turn around for you. And really, I don't think you will have to do anything different. Trust the process.

• caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Second to last is best I can do currently. But jumping to diamond killed it for me.  But this is a huge resource grind for me.  So still see positives.
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Second to last in last round that is.
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    edited July 2018
    0/5 on kluber now. Got it to 7-6 twice. Break time! The overalls seem lower than usual, kluber at 284 is fine by me! (Platinum)
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea second cycle decided to change it up and go with Freeman over my prime bergman. Took 80g boost and no restarts. But got lucky, threw me all fast balls and just hit single after single. Be patient people, wait for your moment and it will come. I got stuck in 4-10 again for 2.5hrs on my second cycle. Then blew through 5 in 1 sweep with no restarts. Go figure.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    soxfan said:

0/5 on kluber now. Got it to 7-6 twice. Break time! The overalls seem lower than usual, kluber at 284 is fine by me! (Platinum)

They also gave us a runner at 1st against 5.10 and Arrieta is the easiest 5.9 guy to date. Chuck nasty has killed Kluber for me both times!
    Would you go 309 Ramos (rhb) or 274 Votto  (lhb) for kluber? Votto has risp, ramos has tie game.
    0-16 against Kluber here with 3,520 gold spent. It feels like no matter what I do the game won't let my team win. Took Kluber to extra innings twice but whenever I get on the brink, I start to get curves or unhittable pitches.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    edited July 2018
    soxfan said:

Would you go 309 Ramos (rhb) or 274 Votto  (lhb) for kluber? Votto has risp, ramos has tie game.

soxfan said:

Votto seems much more ideal. I don't have either but you can ignore overall ratings. 'Hit' and to a lesser degree, 'power,' is all that matters.

Sorry @LonzoBallin , I honestly think you're just having bad luck. It will change.
  • ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Chuck works....thanks! I've been going insane missing with Ruth, Bernie, Schmidt, Fisk....you name it. Chuck can hit that slow pitch!
    edited July 2018
    331-328 Ramos, 314-232 escobar and 291-280 votto. Been using Escobar (switch) 8th against lhp hand and Votto 9th against rhp arrieta. Should I deviate or stay the ship?

Those are their hit-power numbers
    0 for 18 against Kluber. 3,680 gold spent. This is the fourth straight week where I've experienced this. It's devastating.
    Proud TSB VIP!

0 for 18 against Kluber. 3,680 gold spent. This is the fourth straight week where I've experienced this. It's devastating.

I agree today was a pain. I had better luck previously. And I know you're still trying to do it with McGriff.

I agree today was a pain. I had better luck previously. And I know you're still trying to do it with McGriff.
    Yeah man, McGriff is absolutely KILLING me. I am now 0 for 20 on Kluber today with 3,840 gold spent. Over the past four weeks, I am about 0 for 75 with McGriff on round 5-10. If this goes on much longer I am going to need to be committed to an insane asylum.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    0-7 with boosted Harper
    Do you have a non legend with a good average? Prime? Seems to hit the slower pitch better for me
    I tried going ramos 8, votto 9 and escobar 10. First try success, used 80 gold boost on 9 and 10. First time I got through woh in platinum!
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    So I struggled in level 4. Took me a while to get through without using gold.  Then level 5, I walked through 1-6. Used 80 boost for 7-10. Used potw odor with the boost for 8-10. Had to retry on 5.10  3 times,  about 1500 gold in total and I’m done!!   
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited July 2018
    At the end of the day it was my best showing to date 3 full cycles and a 4th stopped with the bases loaded, all told 3-14 vs Kluber, for the last 3 pitchers used All Star Judge on Hand, Bam Bam vs Arrieta, and All Star Freeman vs Kluber.