Options

Anyone on here recognize this?

TimberwolfTimberwolf Registered Users 46 Posts
How it all got started. I've been playing ever since. Amazing how far the game has come since then. Just wondered how many people playing today have been with it since the beginning.

Comments

• Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Nice throwback! Thanks for posting.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    I didnt start till 2017 sadly... Wish i knew about it sooner
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    The original had no clubs, no bonus event players, no popup offers. Just one version of each player. The player rating system only went 1-9. Kershaw, for example, was the best pitcher at a 9-9-9 rating. It wasn't bad for the very first version. I didn't care much for the '15 version. I think that's when the hacking became popular. Plus Glu introduced some new stuff, like the gems, that I really hated so I didn't play that one as much as the others. I liked the '16 version and was disappointed when it got shutdown. '17 started off good but got ruined because of the hackers. I still played it quite a bit though. The Tap Sports Baseball app is hands down my favorite app so far. I used to play baseball when I was younger then lost track of it for a few years. Didn't play as much or watch much of it on tv. Then I found this app back in 2014 and it got me back into the game again. Because I started playing TSB, I started following it again, watching games again. Getting more interested in rankings, stats, and players. So I guess I have Glu to thank for that.
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Yes! Its like collecting baseball cards all over again. I grew out of it around 20years old, then around 39years old, with this app, i was sucked back in! It reminds me of baseball card collecting, but on a virtual platform. This is good for the game and theraputic for guys like me. Glad we found it. Just wish i had a larger wallet! Much like when i was young, i see a lot of things i cant afford. Its the thrill of the chase!
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    I agree. And like collecting cards, my roster on this game won't be worth anything in 20 years either. LOL. Guess ya can't look at it that way though. Card collecting was big when I was younger. It was about the height of its popularity though, so a lot of the stuff from that era isn't worth much. I remember what a big deal it was for us neighborhood kids to pile in someone's car and head to a nearby hotel for card shows on the weekends. You'd see all the stuff you wanted to save your money for. Lucky if you were able to find someone to buy something off of you to make a few bucks. The Griffey Jr. Upper Deck rookie card was one of the big ones for me. I still have it, as with all the other ones from when I was younger. Complete sets, rookie Wade Boggs, Starting Lineup figures in the box. How exciting it was to buy a few packs of cards, hoping to get one of about 10 or 12 that you really wanted out of a certain set. Then it became an even bigger deal to buy a whole box of cards. I think there were like 40 or so packs in each box, depending on the brand. Fast Forward now and we're kind of doing the same thing... Opening mystery boxes in TSB, hoping for a few of those top players.
  • Options
    reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    Nice!
  • Options
    TOUGHNUTZTOUGHNUTZ Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    now its ranked 7TH in $ for sports so come on glu , how about a reaching top ten super bonus wink wink or just cause we rock bonus ha ha
    TOUGHNUTS ( NO HALF SENDERS and TSB GRINDERS ) FORMALLY BIGGYBANANAS ( TSB 17 )
  • Options
    I like your idea! Maybe a Prime only or a legend... Or some Babe boxes.