Fix the iPhone Slugfest Slowdown

MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
It would be really helpful if they could fix the iPhone Slugfest slowdown. I have an iPhoneX so it's not exactly bad hardware.

Comments

• tbettinitbettini Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    Ive had glitches every slugfest since launch back in march with my X
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    I'm surprised to see this post, because I have the iphone 7 and the lag is real. The pitches flicker and stutter making perfect impossible. However, my wife has an iphone X and playing on her phone compared to mine is like the dream. The display is smooth and clear and makes it simple to hit 10 for 10. That said, I wondering if there's some other factor outside of the phone model itself.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

I'm surprised to see this post, because I have the iphone 7 and the lag is real. The pitches flicker and stutter making perfect impossible. However, my wife has an iphone X and playing on her phone compared to mine is like the dream. The display is smooth and clear and makes it simple to hit 10 for 10. That said, I wondering if there's some other factor outside of the phone model itself.

It usually happens 1-3 pitches per round. If it happens on a fastball I'm toast. If it was smooth I would cycle no problem.
  • adawg911adawg911 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    I am at the gold tier and I have not beaten slugfest since, despite having 7 of my sluggers maxed, every week I don't beat it I am further behind as they keep releasing better players which means we go against better cpu sluggers, I will never be able to beat it as my guys are not getting better, I spend 3-5k gold a week on this and cant ever beat it....I go 10/10 with all deep homers and still cant beat it....I don't know what else I can do
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    After reading that people were having issues with the iPhone X, I googled how to speed up my iphone. I cleared the Safari history and data, went to the accessibility setting and reduced motion, and restarted my phone. The gameplay is now SMOOTH! I can't believe it. I would recommend you try the same three steps and see if you notice a difference.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • mitchdavenport3mitchdavenport3 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Thank you for the suggestion, Lonzo. I just tried that on the X but still have issues with a couple pitches per round.

Thank you for the suggestion, Lonzo. I just tried that on the X but still have issues with a couple pitches per round.

No dice here either.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2018
    This may sound silly, but a club member was having the same issue on his Iphone X. He recorded the game play so that she can show me...and the lag disappeared. He did another round and still no lag! It seems unnecessary to do so, but that appears to be the current 'fix' until a new patch is released.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @DFBB is that the setting in the control center, customizable controls --> Screen Recording. I can also verify that it works as a temp fix for users on IOs. Not sure what devices, but many members in my club are doing the same thing during slugfest. Seems to work for now.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

@DFBB is that the setting in the control center, customizable controls --> Screen Recording. I can also verify that it works as a temp fix for users on IOs. Not sure what devices, but many members in my club are doing the same thing during slugfest. Seems to work for now.

I believe so, but I'm not certain. He told me it comes with the 'x' so it wasn't an app he had to download.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • usbluesusblues Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    I have iPhone X and I’ve had zero lag at all! My work cell is iPhone 6 se and I’ve had zero lag there too. Guess I’m just lucky!
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    screen recording worked to fix the lag for me!!!!
    Did a couple of rounds seems to have worked...