Options

Losing bonus games

cmorr23cmorr23 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
so recently I’ve started to lose a lot more bonus games than normal. Is that a sign to move up a tier? Or just more competition getting into each tier of a division?

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    You are matched based on your total wins. If streaking is important to you, moving up will help. However, only do so if you have the resources to cap your players.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    May be your upgrades are falling behind others at the same level. Or it may be since youre so high in your division, youre playing the bottom level guys in the division above yours. 
    When i just went to platinum a week ago, i was only playing higher rated gold division teams. And i won almost every game all week. 
    I did get a message from glu saying that they do give you a handicap when you first enter a new division (i contacted them first). So if you are ready to move up, it will likely improve your wins for the near future. Then this cycle repeats. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    That makes sense because right before I went to gold I couldn’t even win more than 4-5 in a row on prime weekend events, the second I landed in Gold 1 I was almost invincible for a while having weekends where I’d go 100-5 total with multiple 20+ win streaks.

I’m at the point again where I’m at around 45/55 in bonus games again and every opponent is plat and I’m winning games basically only by winning slugfest type games (26-19, 18-17, 29-12 were some of the scores today) because I do have a PotW, 2 gold capped 425 max all stars, 2 primes at 415 max or better etc.  I do have some cash upgrade wiggle room and a few more primes to level that can slightly improve the offense even further but pitching especially Starting pitching is still a pretty weak spot.

Despite facing a division higher in bonus games the rewards for WoH/CvC are too great to move up to plat not to mention not having the nearly 10k gold and 1300 evo to level current/near future starters.  So if you’re considering upgrading make sure you have abundant resources to do so.  Sorry for the long ramblings of someone who should be asleep.
  • Options
    mitchdavenport3mitchdavenport3 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I tracked around 250 games between the sprint and bonus events over a couple weeks and found that I was matched up against tougher opponents during bonus events.