Options

Benching franchise players

SwolecatSwolecat Registered Users 25 Posts
OK, this link clearly says that if you set your strategy to current, that your franchise players will NOT be played.... However, while I am intentionally trying to bench a franchise player for certain games, setting my strategy to current had 0 effect. My franchise player still plays. Here is the link https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/mlb-tap-sports-baseball-2018/?p=web&l=en&s=gameplay&f=what-are-franchise-coins-gold-how-does-this-franchise-player-feature-work

Comments

• Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    If your current player is lower then the franchise player maybe franchise still plays instead .. I never really use franchise players . Have 368 coins saved . Gonna use them when I jump to Platinum while trying to get my players all upgraded
  • Options
    SwolecatSwolecat Registered Users 25 Posts
    that's not it. The only reason I spent a franchise coin on this player was bc he was a major upgrade to the worst hitter in my lineup. 5star rated 130 or so compared to my 4 star rated 85. Apparently either it is just another bug, or Glu doesn't even know how it's own game operates.... Either way, doesn't surprise me.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    You can't bench a franchise player unless you place in a higher rated player for that position. If he is 130 then put a player in over 130 into the same position and the franchise player will not play. If your DH is under 130 as well then he will still play and take position over. The current and potential settings are really only used for when you are drafting players and other then slugfest it really doesn't need to be used, especially now that they added the expanded roster size. The setting your playing with have no affect on when they play or not, only based on drafting and keeping their current overall rating vs the potential. No glitch, you just dont know how the concept works. I once had a franchise player sit in my slot for 2 weeks and didnt know why. He wouldn't play until a lower rated player took the position he was suppose to play.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy