C vs C today?

maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
i wonder if we are having C vs C today? I hope so since it is my primary source of Prime and Legend XP

Comments

• TimberwolfTimberwolf Registered Users 46 Posts
    Was wondering the same thing myself. They said a couple weeks ago they would start letting us know the cvc schedule in advance. I think it only happened twice. I like CvC and was looking forward to it
  • reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    People have been exploiting the event, leaving their club to do 1 v 1 cvc to get the rewards. I bet thats the reason they arent doing it. Kinda sad we all have to suffer because of a few people, if thats the reason.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    reinfall said:
    People have been exploiting the event, leaving their club to do 1 v 1 cvc to get the rewards. I bet thats the reason they arent doing it. Kinda sad we all have to suffer because of a few people, if thats the reason.
    I disagree with that being exploiting it. Having individual rewards for a club event pushed things to go that way. I can put up 60 for a high round and MVP by myself or spend 40,000 cash to autoplay 8 entries, gold to extend good ones, put up 300,000, and only get the 3,000 normal XP because someone in my club did better. Individual rewards for club events is why people are doing that
    Give all the rewards to the winning club and clubs won’t be splitting up. It’s that simple 
    reinfall said:
    I disagree with that being exploiting it. Having individual rewards for a club event pushed things to go that way. I can put up 60 for a high round and MVP by myself or spend 40,000 cash to autoplay 8 entries, gold to extend good ones, put up 300,000, and only get the 3,000 normal XP because someone in my club did better. Individual rewards for club events is why people are doing that
    Maybe exploting isnt the best wording i suppose, but in sure it had something to do with it. Not sure its fair tho if im spending gold scoring 500k per round and someone on my club doing nothing and collecting the same boxes as me. I like that the premium boxes go to highest performances. 
  • maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    reinfall said:
    reinfall said:
    Maybe exploting isnt the best wording i suppose, but in sure it had something to do with it. Not sure its fair tho if im spending gold scoring 500k per round and someone on my club doing nothing and collecting the same boxes as me. I like that the premium boxes go to highest performances. 
    What’s the difference between people spending gold to win CVC versus people who spend gold to win Prime events? This is a pay to win game on every event.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    No they shut it down because people on here kept posting about getting free prime and legend xp from cvsc. Simple. Now they will adjust the event and most likely remove the amount of xp.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    No they shut it down because people on here kept posting about getting free prime and legend xp from cvsc. Simple. Now they will adjust the event and most likely remove the amount of xp.
    Yep. Probably make the XP about 1500 prime and 1,000 legend in the box or something like that
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Is there any actual confirmation that they’re shutting this down or did they just forget to do it kinda like pickem the other day wasn’t up on time? I guess we’ll wait and see what they end up doing with it going forward.
     redlegs2018u said:
    Is there any actual confirmation that they’re shutting this down or did they just forget to do it kinda like pickem the other day wasn’t up on time? I guess we’ll wait and see what they end up doing with it going forward.
    No confirmation, just guessing on our part.
    Not shut down. Adjusted. Too many people leaving to play solo for free boxes and XP. Simple, sometimes its better not to mention things. O well...
    – The Great Houmy
  • tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    edited August 2018
    If the rewards on the weekend were half decent, people wouldn't leave their clubs for cvc.  My club has busted its butt the last 3 days to get #3 and our reward is a whopping 500 gold, a 7.5% chance at a prime player and a bunch of other garbage.  During the week for each day you get gold for a top 10 finish and for the 7th tier.  Time to add the 8th tier and not be so stingy with the rewards.    Last week we were in line for a top 10 finish but alot of guys left because cvc rewards for a 1 hour event were actually better a top 10 finish.  ridiculous!
    They will add them eventually. Now they will remove the better rewards from cvsc to level the field. Too many people posting on here about getting free boxes and free xp. Everyone noticed and started doing the same thing. Now they will be removed.
    – The Great Houmy
    tribeWS18 said:
    If the rewards on the weekend were half decent, people wouldn't leave their clubs for cvc.  My club has busted its butt the last 3 days to get #3 and our reward is a whopping 500 gold, a 7.5% chance at a prime player and a bunch of other garbage.  During the week for each day you get gold for a top 10 finish and for the 7th tier.  Time to add the 8th tier and not be so stingy with the rewards.    Last week we were in line for a top 10 finish but alot of guys left because cvc rewards for a 1 hour event were actually better a top 10 finish.  ridiculous!
    I am in my own club. Have been for a while now really. Ask yourself this question and look at this picture. Why have I not played a single game this weekend?  Not even a streak?  Because the rewards I would get, even from the compete tab, aren’t worth the gold I would have to spend to get them. Like you said, even top 3 isn’t a real reward. A 7.5% chance of a prime, who I most likely will not want to spend the prime XP to level up. The rewards aren’t worth the cost to me. So I ain’t buying the rewards.  

I was in the club called Legends XIII. It was a club that wanted to win every day. But what were we winning?  Nothing really. Progress rewards need prime and legend XP and prime picks (eventually legend picks). There is nothing for me to shoot for right now in any event that isn’t cvc, which is in question now

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tribeWS18 said:

I hate to pile on, but it's actually a 2.5% chance at a prime player.... :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    2.5 times 3 though as you get 3 picks
  • tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    DFBB said:

tribeWS18 said:

Yea but we do atleast get 3 of them. Chance are though if i am lucky enough to get one it will probably be one I already have or a max 370 "prime"
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Each time you open a pick it's a 2.5% chance of getting the big prize, whether you do it once or 100 times.... there's no 3 x 2.5 = 7.5%
    It's all done with mirrors
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @tribeWS18 and @Bigpredfan My bad guys. I do agree though. The W/E rewards leave much to be desired.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Thats why there is a new event coming. My guess on Fridays, making the weekend event just Sat and Sun. 3 days is too long to play for no gold and garage rewards.
    – The Great Houmy
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I thought it a little ironic that an event titled Club Versus Club emphasizes the individual over the club. I don’t care for it, but it was very exploitable, assuming it is being changed. I won’t miss it if it goes.
  • ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    I played solo for a week not intending to exploit anything. My club wanted to bring in a ringer to push for all four accolades. I didn't have any bonus players for Thursday, so I volunteered to sit it out.

I wasn't going to join another club just to suck up rewards from them. So, I started my own.

I did end up winning all 5 rounds. Didn't get one player out of any of the boxes.

The problems mentioned above are completely valid. The rewards for many events are a complete joke. Why spend all weekend playing just to get less XP than you can get from one CvC box? Why spend gold on player boxes that rarely provide a useful player? Why spend money on the game when GLU actively considers anyone who does well to be a cheater?