Walk off hero today (8/6)

redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
It’s Monday so yet again it’s another edition of Walk Off Hero, here’s what you’ll be facing at the end of Round 5.  No changes from last week but for those getting here for the first time here’s rounds 7-10 of level 5:

5.7: Jacob DeGrom (RH)
5.8: Brad Hand (LH)
5.9: Jake Arrietta (RH)
5:10: Corey Kluber (RH)

Best of luck to everyone and happy cycling!
Prev1

Comments

• smokindeuces9smokindeuces9 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Hello, I was wondering if I was misunderstanding how to score points in Walkoff Challenge. I noticed the first place club scored almost 16million in just over an hour. If 20 teams in the club all had Max Arenado (50k/hit) and played 5 rounds it would only be 5 million. Then add their streak bonuses and ballpark bonuses, doubt that would be 10million points. Annnnd all 20 members would have to be playing since it began. So if one member is doing it all he’d have to play over 320 levels over 60 rounds and all in an hour? Please help explain this scoring. Am I playing wrong or can you give me some tips to score like this?
    Thank you for your help!!
  • smokindeuces9smokindeuces9 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    They scored over 4 million while I wrote my last post. Sounds impossible
  • mitchdavenport3mitchdavenport3 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    You can play with the same player more than once. If one person has Max Arenado he or she could win level 1 round 1 , then purposely lose 1.2 and restart using Arenado in point eligible rounds (or use gold to play the same player for the next round). Repeat this process for every every round and every level. Also, purposely pushing rounds into extra innings gives the potential for more hits and more points.

• MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

If it's 50k a hit, they can keep a game going in extra innings?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    MacGruber said:

If it's 50k a hit, they can keep a game going in extra innings?
    Yes.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    @mitchdavenport3 You cannot use a bonus player to score points twice without freeing him up with gold. Early on in walk-off I e-mailed Glu, as deliberately losing in order to use a bonus player again didn’t seem right to me. I was told that Glu was aware of this and they considered it to be an exploitation of a glitch and they were actively jailing people who did this. If you notice, they even tell you that you have to use gold at the bottom of the page where your players are shown.
      Since then I have been preaching to my club to be careful, as you can accidentally use the same bonus player twice, especially if it’s taking you several tries to clear a level. The other week we had a guy accidentally use a bonus player twice and he was jailed as soon as he did it. One minutes he was chatting on the club chat and the next minute he was gone. He ended up getting the Glu death penalty for it as despite many tries, Glu would not restore him. He is an honest guy and I have no reason to believe that he was doing anything else that would have led to his jailing. Also, as I wrote, he was jailed during the event and he realized he had used the same player again by accident. 
      So the moral of the story is please be careful and use gold to use a player twice and try to remember when you’ve used a bonus player if it’s taking you multiple times to get through a level. 
    General Discussion. 0-4 on Arrietta with 3 fastballs total.
  • mitchdavenport3mitchdavenport3 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    @luv4allmusik Thank you for the heads up. I did not realize GLU considered that a glitch. Doing that is very time consuming, especially in later rounds, so it seemed that if you wanted to be patient and use that strategy it would not be an issue.

@luv4allmusik Thank you for the heads up. I did not realize GLU considered that a glitch. Doing that is very time consuming, especially in later rounds, so it seemed that if you wanted to be patient and use that strategy it would not be an issue.

That is outrageous. If you consider it a problem then fix it. It is so obvious that you can't just assume it's abuse. Seems fair game to me since you are allowed to re-order your hitters every time so in no way shape or form is it a "glitch" that is "exploited" if I want that player hitting later the next try. They need to stop blaming users and look in the mirror.
    @mitchdavenport3 Sometimes it’s hard to know what Glu considers an exploitation of a glitch and what they consider good strategy. I’ve gotten in the habit of asking them if it even seems questionable to me. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I agree. People are just complaining about everything on here. You dont like the game, find another one. Glitch... why do you think they offer 50k an rbi once you cycle. To stack up points. Stop your complaining people.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    FYI for all the newbies on here. If this is an exploit or glitch. How do the gauntlet winners put up over 80m in WOH. This is the way the bonus players are intended to be used, I have never heard of anyone being jailed for using a bonus player over again. Thats complete BS.
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 I don’t believe anyone is complaining about anything, just trying to stay safe and out of jail. 
      I will look for the correspondence that I received from Glu regarding this bonus player issue, but in the meantime, how would you interpret the statement at the bottom of the walk-off select screen that reads “Batters can only be used once per win, but you can unlock them again with some gold”. 
    If that's the case then everyone who is "farming" should be jailed as well. Your exploiting the event for free resources. Playing level 1 over and over again. If that's how they want people to interpret that statement then every single "gauntlet player" will be jailed. Along with every single derby person who cycles derby and puts up points.
    – The Great Houmy
    To answer your question. Its very simple. Its telling you that you can only use the hitter once per LEVEL. Understand? There are 10 rounds, if you want to use the same batter again. i.e) your best hitter. Then you unlock him again. Nowhere does it state that you cannot use the same player throughout the level.
    – The Great Houmy
    In this case I am only referring to using bonus more than once in the same round to score bonus points without freeing them up with gold. 
    I will post the response that I received from Glu and everyone is free to interpret it however they wish and everyone is free to play the game however they wish. 
    Yea sounds like you were complaining about people putting up points so you made a ticket for it. But hey, that's on you. As I said, if that's "cheating" then every single person in this game that cycles derby or WOH will be jailed. The wording is very clear, you cannot use the player in the round without using gold to unlock him again in that round. Whos to say I didnt lose and just pick up where I left off and used my best hitter again? Your logic is flawed because you complained about people putting up big points. Nuff said.
    – The Great Houmy
    Actually I wasn’t complaining about anything. This was early on in WoH and I wanted to know if this was a legitimate strategy. The gentleman who answered me is a Glu customer service rep manager who I have known to be very helpful. He gave me a ruling and he referred to it as “cheating” so I have not used the strategy.
    I thought it would be fair if everyone had access to this information so they can decide for themselves how they’d like to play. It’s really nothing to get angry about. 
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    edited August 2018
    @dkarski87 I don’t believe anyone is complaining about anything, just trying to stay safe and out of jail. 
      I will look for the correspondence that I received from Glu regarding this bonus player issue, but in the meantime, how would you interpret the statement at the bottom of the walk-off select screen that reads “Batters can only be used once per win, but you can unlock them again with some gold”. 
    I don't read this as stating Glu considers the action as being an "exploit", but there is plenty of opportunity to post something on the chat board and thus save us all from looking (and feeling) stupid over a silly thing like this, I do say.  If the response to this is along the lines of "Lucky you for seeing the posting, but what about the person who starts playing TSB 2018 in October?", the obvious answer is to leave the posting up permanently, babe.  
    @paidoff If what I’ve presented in an attempt to be helpful has no validity and is worthless, then why leave a post of it anywhere? The person who starts the game in October apparently is in no danger of being jailed over this, so why even worry?
  • reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    I already had Prime Arenado to start off WoH, Had 1mil pts by round 3.
    Actually I did as well and I did it by paying the gold fee to use him again. That is what I have chosen to do and everyone has the right to play the game anyway they wish. Happy tapping everyone!
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    @paidoff If what I’ve presented in an attempt to be helpful has no validity and is worthless, then why leave a post of it anywhere? The person who starts the game in October apparently is in no danger of being jailed over this, so why even worry?
    Glu is the only company capable of making a determination about what is valid and what is invalid in TSB 2018.  The community forum gives the individual player the opportunity to sound off on game experiences, and anything else fit for discussion.  Am I wrong?  Stop trying to bait people in to a discussion that hinges on right and wrong, black and white.  Inappropriate treatment of community members is a bannable offense.
    That is why I included a response that I received from a Glu customer service manager. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Speaking of WOH the Yankees, as an opposing team, seem to be the only team with no jersey numbers.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@houmy. thanks for chiming in my friend. I would ask your opinion on the matter...but dont its ok.
    – The Great Houmy
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    What is the scenario on round 5.10? What is the score we have to over come? I'm only on 5.7 but will play more when I'm home from work
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    qkpony said:

What is the scenario on round 5.10? What is the score we have to over come? I'm only on 5.7 but will play more when I'm home from work

Down 2-7 with a man on first against Prime Corey Kluber (same as last Monday).
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    qkpony said:

5 runs down with a runner on 1st vs. Kluber
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited August 2018
    @qkpony 5.9 4 runs with no runners down & 5.10 5 runs down with runner on 1st.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022