POTM Release?

ranger5ranger5 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
POTM was announced a few days ago. Any idea when the new box will be available?

Comments

• pallison74pallison74 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Now available. 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts

Proud TSB VIP!

Wow, disregard the ratings, they updated them higher already lol
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Will each of these guys be a POTW equivalent bonus at some point or only some? In other words, for someone with an all prime lineup is there any reason to buy the POTM?
    tribeWS18 said:

Will each of these guys be a POTW equivalent bonus at some point or only some? In other words, for someone with an all prime lineup is there any reason to buy the POTM?

Some of them will be bonus players, not in the past there are also some who were never selected as bonus players. Most of them are a small upgrade from a prime, but maybe not worth the XP if you are gold or above. They can basically be thought of as a month long Legend rental.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @tribeWS18 about the only reason I could think of anyone with all or mostly prime lineup getting a POTM is if they have difficulty cycling WOH. Especially if they need someone batting lefty and get lucky enough to get one from the box.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Thanks guys luckily I got all star freeman as my lefty and I was lucky to get yellich last week and this week carpenter POTW so I should be set for WOH for atleast another week,
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Yeah same here with Freeman. Makes it a lot easier with him up there.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tribeWS18 said:

Those potm, while boosted, are better than any prime that's been introduced. They are even better(for woh) than many of the legends that have been introduced. I have one sub 400 max bat in my lineup, but I don't have an uber elite lefty bat. As a result, I'm considering them.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I had an issue with having lefty’s all season then Bam Bam finally got capped, won Freeman, have Markakis too while only 208 has a 255 hit rating, had Yelich this week who made Kluber look bad at times finishing the level not even recording an out twice, and have Odor ready to go for Monday.  Now just need gold in case of some bad pitch selection.  I went from having 1 lefty in my lineup to having 5 or 6 strange how things change.  It seems winning once or twice opened the floodgates making WoH much easier.  Now I need to set my sights on fixing slugfest which is going to be a lot harder but my team has exploded because of walk off while it was always one of my favorites due to the large rewards of cash, picks, and bonus games it is even more so hoping a shortstop or catcher is the target player one week to fix one of the two biggest holes in my starting 9.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I hope to follow in your footsteps @redlegs2018u as I picked up my first potw yesterday after several previous week attempts.... and of course I now have a strong lefty. Hope I get over the hump Monday :smile:
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Dignans1Dignans1 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    I always feel defeated during POTM time, knowing that it's going to take a ton of XP and Evo to level up if I get someone good... but I bite the bullet and buy anyways. I pulled Vasquez on my first pull giving me 3 versions of him now. All-star, POTM and 5-star versions. I bought a couple more and landed with Ramirez. Does anyone know if Ramirez will actually switch hit in WOH?
    Dignans1 said:

I always feel defeated during POTM time, knowing that it's going to take a ton of XP and Evo to level up if I get someone good... but I bite the bullet and buy anyways. I pulled Vasquez on my first pull giving me 3 versions of him now. All-star, POTM and 5-star versions. I bought a couple more and landed with Ramirez. Does anyone know if Ramirez will actually switch hit in WOH?

Yes, Ramirez will switch hit in WOH depending on the pitcher so he is an excellent pickup. Congrats!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    My former POTM Bregman is now just a somewhat mediocre player. Not sure if it is worth spending 1400 gold on a POTM box.
  • TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    buaya123 said:

My former POTM Bregman is now just a somewhat mediocre player. Not sure if it is worth spending 1400 gold on a POTM box.

Yeah, the POTM for June had pretty crappy averages afterwards... 300 max if I'm not mistaken. This potm, however, will drop to 350 instead (only slightly worse than regular all star players). Considering this, it might not be such a bad deal to buy potm.
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
  • ranger5ranger5 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @tribeWS18 about the only reason I could think of anyone with all or mostly prime lineup getting a POTM is if they have difficulty cycling WOH. Especially if they need someone batting lefty and get lucky enough to get one from the box.
    Have nearly all Prime players but moved up to diamond a little too soon. So POTM is needed to win WOH.... It’ll take a lot of prime XP (and time) to promote players at diamond.