Options

Upgraded to gold

jhambombsquadjhambombsquad Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
I upgraded to gold this week...the strong silver was getting a bit boring.  I was warned that the game play would get harder...bonus games and the main haven't changed at all.

How different are woh and slugging?  I've been told it's easier as the opponents stay at the same level but my hitters are stronger as I level them up.

Any thoughts are appreciated 

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    It does not get easier. When you level to gold WOH becomes much harder as does slugfest. If you made the jump to gold it a good idea to have enough XP saved up to cap most of your time right away so you are not playing catch up capping your guys. It does not get easier in Gold, if you can cap your hitters right away you shouldn't have a problem beating WOH if you did so in silver.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    jhambombsquadjhambombsquad Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    I'm good for my regular guys but sluggers slipped my mind...need a whole lot of evo and quick
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited July 2018
    It all depends on how much xp you had saved up. You want your top 5 batters maxed and the bottom 5 to be at least level 5 to have a shot at woh. The pitchers do get stronger in gold but so do your batters, assuming you can level them up, so it shouldn't be more difficult. To be honest with you i cycled it with much more ease in 2017 being platinum versus being silver this year. Slugfest on the other hand will be harder if you can't cap your sluggers.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've talked to many people and the consensus appears to be that WoH is easier, but derby is considerably more difficult. This baseline assumes that you can cap your players.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    coachlaingcoachlaing Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    It takes a ton of XP and blue cash to cap everyone. Great to save up first if possible. 
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I feel like I’ll stick to silver forever unless capping players goes on clearance lol tough to cap out guys unless you save a fortune!
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    I feel like I’ll stick to silver forever unless capping players goes on clearance lol tough to cap out guys unless you save a fortune!
    You and thousands of others are staying silver. Thats why I strongly feel the higher leveled guys deserve more rewards or the ability to produce more pts with the same players. The disadvantages are stated several times here and everywhere else, but the advantages are unknown and explained nowhere. I originally thought leveling up gave me bragging rights, but most poopoo my team for being to weak for platinum. All i got for it so far, just a lot more work. Im concerned glu has an insouciance for the matter.
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    TimberwolfTimberwolf Registered Users 46 Posts
    I didn't think you could stay in one tier forever. Once you hit a certain team strength or win total, won't it become harder to streak and win games? I understood it was Glu's way of telling you to tier up... To prevent people from getting a stacked team and staying in one tier. I'm silver now and I remember around 900 wins in bronze I started getting matched against teams way better than me, and sometimes losing to ones worse than me. Usually that resets when you tier up. Or is it different this year?
  • Options
    Dignans1Dignans1 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    I levelled up to platinum a little took quickly based on my luck (can NEVER get a prime player) so now levelling up decent players that I get takes a good couple weeks... which isn't beneficial for POTW players. POTM boxes are the only way to go for me now. I FINALLY cycled WOH yesterday and it took all my 90k Prime xp to get Arenado up to level 9 gold so he'll be my top player once the POTM players drop down. I'm suffering from lack of EVO tokens and bought the Gold/Evo token bundle this weekend to help level Arenado up. Hopefully in the long run it'll pay off but I fear last week might have been my only chance to cycle WOH due to me having 2 x POTM players at Platinum level 5/6.

On another note, I was hoping with Soto getting POTM again, he would stay at the higher level like repeat POTW players do but the darn JUNE under his picture makes me believe that won't be the case.
  • Options
    @Dignans1 sorry to hear. Seen people going up in tiers to quickly this year so you are not alone in that. Wishful thinking but GLU should add an option of going back a tier for maybe 10K gold. It's not fair that some would not have much of a chance in WOH & Slugfest which have pretty much the best payouts in all of the events due to one ill advised move.

• Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Gold is worse then silver ut managable. Do not go to platinum ever unless they change the game and provide some great incentive to do so. Its a place teams go to die and start over. You feel like youre winning, but you realize you just lost.
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yeah I accidentally leveled to platinum, got confused thought there was 10 levels to gold in both club and team, So now I have no evo, xp, or cash saved up to level guys. I still have a .760 win percent (bonus,sprint,weekend) but ill never consistently earn in woh, and im always busy for derby so i never invested in sluggers so thats a killer. I did get to level 5 round 9 in woh this past week but it was allot of luck. They trick you into leveling if you dont know much about the game. Better prizes and rewards my butt.
  • Options
    macyanksmacyanks Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I have the hardest time with Slugfest. WOH I can get to final round but have yet to win either event. And I’ve been Gold for a long time. On the last level and dreading the move to Platinum. 
  • Options
    @macyanks if you already have a hard time with WOH & Slugfest I would suggest not going Platinum. Those two event have the best payouts and will be pretty much impossible for you in Platinum. Even if you get lucky and cycle one of them in Platinum you'll probably not have the resources to level the players up.

• Options
    macyanksmacyanks Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    @Houmy I agree with you. But I am sure Glu will force me to upgrade at some point when I won’t be able to win a game. Lol. 
  • Options
    JammyD0dgerJammyD0dger Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Yeah, I levelled up to gold way too soon and it’s killing me. Don’t do it if stats are your thing
  • Options
    reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    Slugfest has been the hardest for me in gold, but I spent 2 full weeks of putting all my XP into my sluggers and now Ive cycled 2 weeks in a row.