Doesn't seem right

qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
edited August 2018 in General TSB Discussion
This doesn't make me very happy. How can I be wrong? Wouldn't be so bad but was 5.9 

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Tie break is the longest homer. They should at least display it though so it wouldn't be as vague.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Anyone else having issues in Derby today? Heard its extremely difficult in silver now after the "technical update". Im in gold so I can never get past lv5 yet but it seems much tougher since the pts went live. All our silver guys are saying after the first cycle they changed alot of the sluggers in lv6.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • usbluesusblues Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    This is why most of my club doesn’t even participate in this event. They need to just let us use our players from our real team. 
    No its derby for sluggers, not normal roster players. And this is the most important accolade that clubs play for. Winstreak is key for weekend events and streaks. They seemed to have raised the difficulty to force silver teams to level up.
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Anyone else having issues in Derby today? Heard its extremely difficult in silver now after the "technical update". Im in gold so I can never get past lv5 yet but it seems much tougher since the pts went live. All our silver guys are saying after the first cycle they changed alot of the sluggers in lv6.

Donaldson is now at 6.6(he was previously at 6.10) and Judge at 6.8 is the toughest guy with a rating of 204. Basically, they brought in four sluggers than are tougher than the previous 6.10 boss. They seem to also nerf auto sim. Either that or I'm just having real bad luck with it. That said, people tend to exaggerate everything. It's not that bad. Definitely reasonable and I'm still cycling without spending.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB thanks buddy. Im gold so I dont get very far regardless.
    – The Great Houmy
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    They should let us use our players for sluggers or give us other options to get better ones. If you cant cycle like myself you have no way to get better sluggers so you get stuck. Its dumb and I hate since they added the other tier. The draft pics in slugger are useless. I'm going to just start taking Wednesday's off from the game.
  • gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    Basically if you didn't collect a fleet of 5-stars back when Derby was 5 rounds, you are now stuck with a bunch of 4-4.5 stars at best. It's impossible to punch up to the higher tier as each week a stronger slugger is introduced that I can't get.

i thought GLU understood when they "gifted" us All star Schwarber, but that was short-lived. I'd honestly rather Tier 5 be a regular 5 Star Slugger instead of the 15K Prime XP I can't use.
  • buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    I realize that the only way to cycle is to spend a ton of gold and pray that the opponent slugger misses one or two each round. Even my maxed out 5 star Silver slugger cannot outslug the guy he faces at 5.10.
    gdc23 said:
    Basically if you didn't collect a fleet of 5-stars back when Derby was 5 rounds, you are now stuck with a bunch of 4-4.5 stars at best. It's impossible to punch up to the higher tier as each week a stronger slugger is introduced that I can't get. i thought GLU understood when they "gifted" us All star Schwarber, but that was short-lived. I'd honestly rather Tier 5 be a regular 5 Star Slugger instead of the 15K Prime XP I can't use.
    That's a really good suggestion. 
  • ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Personally, I cycled Slugfest multiple times yesterday. But, I did notice a couple of things on my journey.

First, they did alter the opponent lineup to make it more difficult than previous weeks. Judge at 6.8 was certainly tougher than previous 6.10 levels.

I also noticed the auto play option was a little less generous than previous weeks, especially after completing the tower once. The prime slugger usually rocks the next time through routinely scoring 45-50k. This week, that was down to 25-30k.

The biggest change I noticed was in pitching and hitting though. At times, I felt like I was facing Justin Verlander out there. I was just waiting for a curve. One pitch would come in at 90mph. The next pitch would be 45. There was a noticeable change in the number of quick pitches, especially on the last pitch of close matches where I needed to hit the bonus ball.

When hitting, I noticed a ton more balls going to the opposite field, no matter the timing of my swing. Fortunately, a couple of my hitters were actually hitting homers to the opposite field.

Distances were also down for some of my sluggers. Guys that routinely hit 500+ footers in previous weeks were struggling to get consistent 480. Only my top sluggers were breaking 500.

Couple that with insane distances at times from the computer. On several occasions, I entered the bonus balls tied or slightly ahead. Even if I squared up all 3 bonus balls with 500 footers, the computer would put up 825 point rounds. That's a 550 foot homer. Completely unfair at that point.

I will disagree with those who say it's impossible to beat the tower unless you banked a bunch of 5 stars early in the season. I didn't even start playing Slugfest until after the change to 6 tiers. My first time through all the rounds came with Encarnacion and my legend as my best sluggers.

But, I didn't auto play anything at the time because I'd almost certainly lose early in a level.
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    It was waaaaaaaay harder. It seemed like solid contact was falling short of the wall this week. I was about to give up then got a lucky round where both 5.9 and 5.10 missed two homers. Before that I had the mid-round guys putting up rounds of 6000, which my prime silver sluggers can't even do. I was losing on perfect rounds with 1-2 400 ft homers.
    My problem is I just can't out distance the top guys in the late rounds of 5 so no way to get better sluggers. Like I said earlier I'll just be taking Wednesday's off. 
  • reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    I cycled but it definitely was harder.