Options

30k Legend

HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
The weekend rewards legend is usually a bonus guy on either Tuesday or Thursday right? 

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Haraycaray not sure as I haven't kept track of that but you'd be better off keeping the gold for a Legend you would really want versus spending it on someone that would only get you bonus points for one week. You'll eventually reach a point in the game, as far as your roster goes, where the event tier and top finish prizes such as 1st round picks have no real value other than the XP they're worth when you trade them in.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @Houmy the Ernie Banks Box is gonna get me in trouble lol NEED MR CUB! 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Fan Legends are usually not a bonus for tues and thurs events. Only POW, POMs and the occasional special box they offer.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I spent so much gold on the babe ruth box and still haven't gotten him. I don't think that's right. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Luck of the draw sir, I know someone who took 2 pulls on the baby babe box and got him. .5% chance. It happens. I also know people who spent over 100k gold and didn't get him. Its all dumb luck.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @Haraycaray as well it should. Great legend to have and if you're going to try and get him then you may as well wait till the weekend and at least get some of the weekend fan rewards tiers as well if you have to buy multiple boxes to get him. That's the kind of legend I was talking about when you really want to have him. I think I bought about 15 boxes myself in 17 trying to get Dale Murphy and finally gave up. Wanted to have the Braves trifecta so to say as I already had Niekro & Chipper.

• Options
    Houmy said:
    @Haraycaray as well it should. Great legend to have and if you're going to try and get him then you may as well wait till the weekend and at least get some of the weekend fan rewards tiers as well if you have to buy multiple boxes to get him. That's the kind of legend I was talking about when you really want to have him. I think I bought about 15 boxes myself in 17 trying to get Dale Murphy and finally gave up. Wanted to have the Braves trifecta so to say as I already had Niekro & Chipper.
    It’d be nice to have a Santo, Banks, Sandberg infield lol 
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    Houmy said:

I spent a good buck getting chipper lol did you nab him as well @Houmy
  • Options
    @spicedaddy30 not this year but congrats to you and I am super jealous :) . I bought 3 boxes when they released it by on the 29th around 3AM EST, only around for 15-20 minutes so probably an error, and those boxes only gave you one pick and according to CS they were for Jordan Hicks and not Chipper. Have been waiting for them to figure it out since the 27th with the DEV team. I know I preach patience when dealing with CS as they have to coordinate with the DEV team but 9 days now and still no word or resolution from the DEV team other than the 1st response where they stated there was no record of any Chipper box having been released at the time of my ticket.

• Options
    @Houmy I remember seeing you say this on one of the other threads . That stinks man I hope they sort it out . Maybe throw you a few chipper boxes as a "sorry we messed up" gift lol I am still lacking xp for him but I shouted to the rooftops when I opened to a nice shiny face of ole chipper staring back at me
  • Options
    ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    "... they have to coordinate with the DEV team..."

Never had more BS been showered forth on these forums. I know CS loves to spread this vicious lie, but we don't have to repeat it.

If McDonald's messes up my Big Mac, they don't have to coordinate their customer service response with the cook in the kitchen. Once the service staff realizes a mistake has been made, they act promptly to fix it. Then, they coordinate with the kitchen staff to ensure the mistake doesn't happen again.

More than once, GLU has admitted an error or glitch on their part. Every time, they say they'll discuss it with the DEV team. Every time, they take days or weeks, if not longer, to come back.

Kiss their ass all you want hoping they'll finally select you to be a VIP. The way they handle legit customer service issues is atrocious. They show no desire to make the user whole or satisfy rightness in the minds of their customers.

As I've mentioned before, their lack of effective, efficient customer service is why a lot of players disengage or cut back on spending. And, that is why their stock is barely considered a step above junk status.
  • Options
    @ghostofmiggypast not trying to defend GLU here in hopes of getting VIP but the bit about CS having to coordinate with DEVs being BS is just incorrect. CS is just an outsourced group and would not have access to the information DEVs do so if a box was released in error or something else that was an in game glitch then it is something the DEVs would need to look into. Also their stocks were up in the 1st quarter mainly due to TSB18. Again not defending the corporation, just stating facts.

• Options
    Welcome to the Q3 where their stock price is stuck well below it's recent highs.

It seems their outsourcing of customer service without empowering their contractor to act is certainly part of their issue. Their other issue is they don't seem to have any bona fide contacts between their customer service contractor, their DEV team, and their other 3rd party vendor, Tapjoy.

As a result, when there's issues involving gold, customer service tasks the DEV team who sends back that it's a Tapjoy issue. CS then offers to open a ticket for the user with Tapjoy, which the user likely already has done. Tapjoy never responds because their customer suffice is even worse. The DEV team washes their hands of it. GLU CS washes their hands of it.

Meanwhile, the user sits in limbo for a month listening to Jack Benny music in their head.

All the while, they all can see an issue exists.

About two months ago, I got glu'd out of two speciality boosted players during a Fan Rewards Event. In the middle of the event, my progress was reset after I had spent nearly 20k gold. CS told me just to spend the rest to get the 20k prime player reward and the 25k boosted specialty player offered as a stretch. So I did.

Since then, CS and the DEV team admit the glitch. They admit it was in the game, not my device. But, they claim Tapjoy was responsible for the error, so there's "nothing" they can do.

Um. Yes, there is. With the simple click of a mouse, you could award any user with any player you want.
  • Options
    I agree that they should take more responsibility for Tapjoy as it is something that is offered and promoted through their app where we spend real money so they should definitely not wash their hands off of it when there is an issue with Tapjoy. I can say by personal experience though that getting lucky and pulling the right CS when starting a new ticket helps. I had an issue with Tapjoy myself not getting credit for gold and CS actually contacted them on my behalf.

• Options
    It really is an absurdity that CS has lower odds of success than a Legend loot box.

I'm a top 3 contributor on a team consistently in the top 10 of events. In the last week, my club has finished first once, top 5 twice, top 10 four times, and top 20 in all 6 club events, including CvC.

Every player on our team is a legit daily player who plays by the rules of the game. We've steadily built our teams. Several guys have no issue dropping cash on club boosts or prime player boxes.

Because of their absolute negligence to customer service, I'm one of the few that has gone completely f2p for the last month and a half. If they simply would've properly handled their business weeks ago, that might be different.

Add in the issues with freezing from a few weeks back that allowed half their users to gain huge rewards while the other half weren't even able to play, which they still haven't done anything to compensate for, and I'm only still playing because I can dominate with the team I already have.
  • Options
    Well it took them some extra time but they came through and sent me 6 Chipper boxes today. Not lucky enough to land him though but still satisfied. 

• Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    Why did they send you them?
  • Options
    @maddmaxx67 I bought 3 boxes on the 29th at around 3AM EST and apparently they were Jordan Hicks boxes even though they were called Chipper boxes and each $29.99 only gave me 1 box instead of 2. Started a ticket right after and they made it right today by giving me the 6 Chipper boxes I was supposed to get.

• Options
    Glad to see they came through for you ! I believe this is the gift I suggested too isn't it lol
  • Options

@Houmy I remember seeing you say this on one of the other threads . That stinks man I hope they sort it out . Maybe throw you a few chipper boxes as a "sorry we messed up" gift lol I am still lacking xp for him but I shouted to the rooftops when I opened to a nice shiny face of ole chipper staring back at me

I did say that indeed lol maybe glu should hook me up with a job with my grand ideas eh ? Lol you still trying a few more to see if you land him ?
  • Options
    @spicedaddy30 a gift would have been actually giving me Chipper maxed in gold. No? 😎
    Even though I was unable to get Chipper, being a die hard Braves fan and all as GLU gurus pointed out themselves, I am still happy with the resolution and didn't mind waiting 10-11 days. Some may say it should have been fixed right away but I rather wait and have it fixes the right way.

• Options
    @spicedaddy30 the boxes are not available for sale any longer and so far I've had zero luck pulling a legend from any box so no more trying for now until there is a legend I really want. Kinda hoping they have licensed Shoeless Joe as part of their new ATG Legends. Then I might go for some more boxes.

• Options
    I have him.. still low gold level though. Legend xp is still a real b**** to come by. Can't wait till they upgrade season and event rewards
  • Options
    @Houmy Chipper Boxes available in the upgrades section. 
  • Options
    I thought they were gone. Thanks @Haraycaray you just made me pay $30 for 30k xp  :'(

• Options
    Sorry bud! @Houmy