Options

Bonus Player/Team Heads Up

BLADESRBLADESR Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
I don’t know about anyone else on here but I think a heads up on the forum about weekend bonus teams and/or players would be awesome. Don’t even have to tell us directly who the teams and players will be. A hint of who it might be would be cool. Hell I like riddles, so that would be cool as well. I know there is excitement to finding out at that 11th hour but I would much prefer a heads up and go in prepared. I’m gonna spend gold regardless. No harm in knowing what or who I’ll be spending it towards. 

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @BLADESR I think part of the reason they don't announce it in advance is to prevent you grabbing the bonus team players from the Franchise section if they are available. It is rare that a bonus team player is on the franchise list for that event but a day or two before the event you may be able to see them.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BLADESRBLADESR Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    @Houmy, yeah but let’s face it the 1K-2K per hit from those franchise guys don’t really make a huge difference in your scoring. Streaks and big bonus guys are the key in that 
  • Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Yep all about big bonus guys to compete, but franchise and having players on those teams helps smaller clubs strive for reaching the tier rewards.   Remember when streaking mattered.  
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Last weekend or the week before I was able to snatch Votto from the Franchise section for the whole weekend. 4 or 5k a hit is pretty decent over 3 days. But yes, its very rare that we see a bonus player available. I have only seen it about 3 times this whole season so far.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    cbidgejbagscbidgejbags Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    I’ve done the same and stocked with coins when a Yankee or Redsox as bonus players are still available when the event starts Friday 11am before they change the franchise players around noon.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I used to check franchise guys every day now my team outside of 3 positions fields 355+ max players, I don’t mind benching maybe one of the 6, two if I pull a super bonus player from a box (never mind that doesn’t happen 0-29 this month I digress) but gutting your team too much especially for the 1k a hit guy, that you have to level to a certain point for him to contribute (I’m in gold and I won’t level even the 5k guys past silver 10) and that even feels bad like I wasted resources.  Not doing 100% efficiency but when all draft picks start at bronze you have to make decisions like this.
  • Options
    bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Thats the tough part trying to get bonus guys it seems like I have had the worst luck this year.
  • Options
    I’m in gold, too.  Franchise guys are already at gold 10.  
  • Options
    I racked up recently with JD Martinez at 5k per hit with the coins.  May have been sprint to victory event, though.