Options

Are Legends The Key to WOH

BLADESRBLADESR Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
I have multiple Prime players. With high skill icon stats. Yet I still can’t cycle WOH. Has anyone found it easier to do with a Legend batter? If so I will turn my focus onto getting one of them with my gold. 

Comments

• Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Which tier are you in? Bronze, Silver, etc. 
  • Options
    Silver Level 6. I won’t be going to gold anytime soon. I know staying at silver is the better option for now 
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Just could be using restarts and boosts and waiting for your pitches. 
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    In my case, believe or not, having a Legend has made it MORE difficult to cycle. I had cycled 5 weeks in a row prior to picking up Legend Fred McGriff. I then had nearly 100 attempts with McGriff at level 5-10 over the next 3 weeks and could not cycle. I went away from McGriff and went back to my Primes, and was able to cycle again the past two weeks. That said, I suppose a Legend could make it easier, but there is no guarantee, and not all legends are created equal.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    I’ve gotten the last level to extra innings multiple times and still losing. With boosts and restarts. It’s very infuriating, especially when my hitter is far better then the pitcher. Having to come back from 5 runs doesn’t help either. 
  • Options
    In my case, believe or not, having a Legend has made it MORE difficult to cycle. I had cycled 5 weeks in a row prior to picking up Legend Fred McGriff. I then had nearly 100 attempts with McGriff at level 5-10 over the next 3 weeks and could not cycle. I went away from McGriff and went back to my Primes, and was able to cycle again the past two weeks. That said, I suppose a Legend could make it easier, but there is no guarantee, and not all legends are created equal.
    I went hard after Babe but went 0-12. I thought for sure he would be the key but I could see how it could get harder. It’s frustraiting because I’m a damn good player. Yet I can’t cycle WOH to save my life. I’ll just keep grinding away 
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    As a potentially cheaper option, you may want to attempt acquiring a player of the week/month which is essentially a rented Legend.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @BLADESR Can you show your team?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    I have three Legends and several Prime, I didn’t get past 5.10 until I got the Babe.
  • Options

I have three Legends and several Prime, I didn’t get past 5.10 until I got the Babe.

The lasts two weeks were considerably easier than the ones that preceded them(freeman/judge). That said, some of the legends don't have bonus skills(vs lhp) that cater to WoH success.
  • Options
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I wouldn’t say legends are key to winning WoH, I’ve won in 5 of the last 6 weeks, I would however say that having elite left handed/switch hitting bats makes this event much easier as once I had at least one left handed bat that could handle 5.9/5.10 and some gold for restarts as there are times that you won’t get enough straight pitches to hit especially when you’re down 5 runs against pretty good pitching.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @BLADESR Legends would definitely make it easier assuming you have the XP to upgrade them as at lower levels they would be outperformed by higher level primes. That being said a higher max prime (410+), especially a left handed one as others have posted, would help greatly. Also as @LonzoBallin pointed out a POM or POTW would help greatly and odds on getting POTW are much better than POM but they have their downsides as well:
    1. They are good for one week (POTW) or one month (POM) only. Of course a POTW could be so again in another week so that's a plus
    2. You would need to use XP/Gold/EVO leveling them up and once their boost is gone they may be useless if the rest of your team is stronger than them
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Dsizzle31Dsizzle31 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    Everyone is saying lefties are the key.  Is 5-10 never a lefty?  It seems like since both the current POTW are lefty hitters, Glu would be wise to throw a lefty into 5-10 to make it tougher.
  • Options
    Forsakencowboy15Forsakencowboy15 Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    I still haven't been able to cycle WOH. I've tried lefties, potw/potm, prime, buy boosts. Theres times I'm 100 points better than pitcher. I can always get to 5.10 but cant finish it off. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Dsizzle31 they are lefty sometimes as you guessed but I would say about 90% will not so a left handed batter would help greatly in the last 2 levels.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    My guess they will make POM Sale 5-10 this week, he is a 445 max and will switch things up. Most POWs and POMs are left bats so this is something that I can def seem them doing on Monday.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Bregman is by far, your best bet to beat WoH. Make sure to max his pennants and get his bonus skill level to at least 12. A lefty legend would make life a lot easier, but with persistence, Bregman can get it done. There are some nice bats in the potm boxes which essentially serve as legend rentals. Definitely something to consider because the WoH rewards are so good.
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    I was able to cycle last week with POTW Schoop, with a 20% boost and his skill at level 10.
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @DFBB I have been using my Prime Berg since I got him for 5-10, lefty or righty it doesnt matter he gets it done. Boost is at 10% and always boost the 80g. I even take him over AS Freeman most of the time. On different cycles I will switch it up but first time through he is my go to guy.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

@DFBB I have been using my Prime Berg since I got him for 5-10, lefty or righty it doesnt matter he gets it done. Boost is at 10% and always boost the 80g. I even take him over AS Freeman most of the time. On different cycles I will switch it up but first time through he is my go to guy.

Prime Trout won WoH for me the weeks of Correa, Judge, and Freeman. Only during the Freeman week did I feel like I needed a boost. I'm a big believer in bonus skills and as a result, Freeman All Star gets mop up duties for me(5.4ish). Guys with the platoon advantage always have the edge, but only if ratings are similar. Fwiw, I'm silver.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    My guess they will make POM Sale 5-10 this week, he is a 445 max and will switch things up. Most POWs and POMs are left bats so this is something that I can def seem them doing on Monday.
    I could see that, then it would be a tossup for me to use All Star Judge or Prime Altuve if I get him capped before then or just go L/L and just use Odor anyway, I’m in Gold so 260 overall he doesn’t have the ungodly hit rating Yelich did last week but with the 80 gold boost I think he’d be competitive anyway.  Funny a month ago I’d be pretty happy to see 5.10 be a lefty but lately with Freeman/Bam Bam stack the righties please.
  • Options
    bambam294bambam294 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Pennants add to skill ? I have always wondered if they just helped with season mode or transferred out to other events as well?

Have failed at 5-10 enough times to bite my phone in half...have Prime Allstar Bregs and Allstar Harper with WOH skills...also have Carpenter this week but I had Yelich last week and out of 11 tries I got it to 7-7 twice only to pop out to third and hit a nubber to short...was too depresssed to even get mad about it haha....
  • Options
    bambam294 said:

Pennants add to skill ? I have always wondered if they just helped with season mode or transferred out to other events as well?

Have failed at 5-10 enough times to bite my phone in half...have Prime Allstar Bregs and Allstar Harper with WOH skills...also have Carpenter this week but I had Yelich last week and out of 11 tries I got it to 7-7 twice only to pop out to third and hit a nubber to short...was too depresssed to even get mad about it haha....

Pennants help in all modes except derby.
  • Options
    bambam294bambam294 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    thanks DFBB...i have Bregs and Harper at 12% skill boost...didn't want to chew thru the legend xp to go further...I will make sure they are maxed pennants...
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    I own no legends yet, but i do well without them. You dont need legends, just good hitters, patience, and some luck.
    I give it about 50 attempts every week, just keep going till you breakthrough. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I also cycle woh almost every week. The only week I just couldn't seem to get past was the week judge was the prize . I am fortunate enough to have all star altuve who's skill is vs righty pitchers .