Options

Is Tsb 22018 for young or old players

YANKSCOWBYS4LIFEYANKSCOWBYS4LIFE Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
Just been thinking about this last little while so wanted to share it and get other opinions on this. 
Kids these days choose variety of games to play Ps3/ps4, xbox or games on android/ios etc. When I was younger I remember when I played online nfl or hockey or NBA while a lot of kids also played call of duty etx games. There was never money involved but ranks and records etc.  I am 40 years old now and make enough that I can afford to spend on tsb 2018. Sometimes do go over budget.. :(  But when I think about what if my young nephews or cousins in school or college start playing this game, how can they afford to compete in this game with part time or no jobs but an allowance.  
Its easier said that well they can choose a different game but young blood have a lot of competitiveness in them.  They might take good or bad paths to achieve what they want. 
Anyways, I'm just trying to say that sports entertainment is evolving and it's not a lot different from gambling anymore.   There needs to be some way for young youth to play at a level where they can enjoy it without breaking their wallet.  
The terms and agreement for tsb states that one must be 13 years old or 16 If in Europe. Seems like Europe atleast protecting their youth to be wise enough at age of 16 to make a choice.  13 year old is too young to be playing this game in us/Canada cause the risk of addiction and spending more then their means is real high.
I am not blaming anyone as this is the reality of top entertainment these days and there could be some measures taken so that young ones can compete and enjoy the game.

Comments

• Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    There is real addiction with this game, I would not let a minor play it. Am 52 years old
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I don't spend money on this game.  Won't fall into the freemium trap with any game.  It is still possible to enjoy the game and do well without spending a dime, you just have to be smart about everything and put in a little time on gold and offers.
  • Options
    sfgiants101sfgiants101 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    I think you can play and enjoy without spending money. I think that it is impossible to win events or be a major contributor to your club without spending real money. When I started playing I refused to spend money, but then I realized the only way to put up points and get good players was to spend.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    A policy that I generally stick to when it comes to most any f2p game, is that if I find myself playing for more than 100-150 hours is that I will then kick in a little money to support it because obviously if you’re playing that much in a 30-60 day period you’re for the most part enjoying what you’re doing.  With that said once I kick in money I will typically spend up to the point of what I would spend on a AAA p2p game (up to 60-70 dollars).  If my disposable income were higher it might be different but being a 40 year old adult there are things that become more important.  I do lots of videos and gold offers like I took advantage of the razors I actually needed and since football season is coming up I threw in 10 for FanDuel which was offering 10 dollars free for a deposit so I got 20 to spend.  It comes down to self-control and what you’re able to afford, it’s entirely possible with smart usage of the free gold and offers to spend little to nothing and do pretty well.  As far as kids go it probably should be limited to late teens and up as it is very easy to get addicted and to go crazy, I’d treat this game as I would daily fantasy sports.  With that said there are 14 year olds that are pretty responsible and adults who are not.