Walk off hero today (8/13)

redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
Another Monday of Walk off Hero action, here’s what you’re facing today.

5.7 Jacob DeGrom (RH) down 2 runner at 2nd
5.8 Brad Hand (LH) down 2 runners at 1st and 3rd 
5.9 Zach Greinke (RH) 221 ovr at Gold down 4 runners at 1st and 2nd
5.10 Edwin Diaz (RH) 227 ovr at Gold down 5 with a runner at 1st
Even with PotW Odor boosted at 20% I’m 0-6 because of a steady diet of sliders.
Fairly steep increase in difficulty from the last two weeks but hopefully I’ll get him down today. Happy cycling!

Comments

• cmorr23cmorr23 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Quick question. When trying to match up players should I be basing it on their hit rating or what?
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    cmorr23 said:

Quick question. When trying to match up players should I be basing it on their hit rating or what?

You definitely want to match righty vs. lefty first, and then based on hit rating.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

cmorr23 said:

You definitely want to match righty vs. lefty first, and then based on hit rating.
    Another week of waiting for 5.10 to give me a damn fastball.
  • cmorr23cmorr23 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Okay so match up left vs righty then go off of hit rating. Does power or anything else matter?
    Power is good, but I believe hit is much more important. I haven't been able to cycle at all with Legend McGriff who has amazing power, but I've cycled the past three weeks with guys that have special skills that give them a hit rating higher than McGriff.

Proud TSB VIP!
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Currently 0-9 vs Diaz I’ve gotten the tying or winning run to the plate only twice, wish it was Yelich in that spot he was a much better hitter but will keep trying, Grienke at 5.9 is no peach either both of them stronger than Kluber last week and as strong as Scherzer during the Freeman week. Over 60% of pitches have been a slider or other kind of breaking pitch with sharp bite.

Currently 0-9 vs Diaz I’ve gotten the tying or winning run to the plate only twice, wish it was Yelich in that spot he was a much better hitter but will keep trying, Grienke at 5.9 is no peach either both of them stronger than Kluber last week and as strong as Scherzer during the Freeman week. Over 60% of pitches have been a slider or other kind of breaking pitch with sharp bite.

I had a tough time against Greinke as he threw me a healthy dose of curves. Finally got a pitch sequence that featured mostly fastball/change and got through. Diaz through a lot of curves too, but was able to take advantage every time he threw the ball straight and was able to beat him in extra innings on my first attempt. Just keep plugging away, eventually you'll get the right pitch sequence to get the job done.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Just finished.  It took a lot of retrys.  Spent 3 k gold. Potw odor maxed with 80 boost. And still a struggle!!!   Good luck all.   Gotta keep retry until he finally gives you the right pitches.  
    Still not through got it to within one with two on, guess the game is telling me I should be packing lol. I have 17k exp if and when I do finish
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    I'm 0-6 against Diaz. In 6 attempts I've only seen TWO fastballs. ugh. And to top it off, the reward this week is a player that will just ride the pine after the monthly boost wears off. Probably a week to sit out. Definitely a million times harder than Kluber. Verlander the only other pitcher in WOH that's given me this much trouble. Seems unbeatable.
  • dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    I got super lucky with pitch sequence and beat Diaz on my 2nd try without getting an out. Couldn't believe it!
    Update now 0-18 vs Diaz it’s getting a bit ridiculous can’t get him to throw me enough pitches to hit
  • colesyycolesyy Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I played 5-10 a couple times and get nothing but curve balls. Doesn’t seem right. They are basically un-hittable. And if you do hit one, a fielder moves at warp speed across the field to get to it. So obvious they don’t want you to win. Frustrating!
  • 4orty4orty4orty4orty Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I see there are other people in the same boat with Diaz. Today was the day where I finally lost my shit and quit the game completely. Getting nothing but curveballs in a pre-determined loss is just a way these crooks keep getting money. The VIP status is a complete joke and TSB 18 is is equally laughable. Good luck fellas for those who stick around this year.
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I'm a vip and they have an event going today tied to walk off and the #1 person has 74 million points by themselves. Wtf. I have 279k lol
    I’m ready just to give up 22 attempts and nothing I didn’t think that was possible it’s not like I don’t know what I’m doing so frustrated right now

I’m ready just to give up 22 attempts and nothing I didn’t think that was possible it’s not like I don’t know what I’m doing so frustrated right now

Definitely been there before and I feel your pain. Don't give up, I believe in you brother!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Greinke and Diaz seem dialed in on only curves. Think too many people beat kluber up so this week is retribution. Thought I'd do better this week now that I capped potm and prime j Ramirez...maybe next week.
    My last attempt was so rage inducing. Singled on a 3-2 curve somehow (I was worried at this point) then sure enough lined into a triple play on a fastball right after. Ugh. 
    soxfan said:

Greinke and Diaz seem dialed in on only curves. Think too many people beat kluber up so this week is retribution. Thought I'd do better this week now that I capped potm and prime j Ramirez...maybe next week.
    My last attempt was so rage inducing. Singled on a 3-2 curve somehow (I was worried at this point) then sure enough lined into a triple play on a fastball right after. Ugh. 

Ouch, those triple plays are the worst.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    Took me 15 times with Diaz and his curves.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    What’s the next level?
  • spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts

I feel your pain man . I tried with potw carpenter 9 times . Then came at him with altuve 7 times . No pitch sequence other then slider slider slider adl. Mixed with a couple 2 seam fastballs(that weren't strikes ) all together with altuve I hit 2 home runs . On literally the only 2 fastballs he threw . And scored maybe 1 run per replay lol it's been terrible
  • spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts

Strongest bat in the world can't win without the right pitch sequence
    Just kill me, night finished was 0-28, had only 3 attempts where either the tying or winning run was at the plate, I hope he’s not the 5.10 pitcher next week give me someone who throws a changeup at least you have two pitches to hit off of those guys if I see another slider again I’ll be traumatized....
  • reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    I went 1 for 15, got him
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I didn't get him but I did get the the last 2 rounds much faster last night. So headed in the right direction. 
  • jhambombsquadjhambombsquad Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    Greinke stumped with curves 10 times...beat Diaz without getting an out...lucky I got fast ball after fastball