Options

It's time to fix Walkoff Hero gameplay

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
Guys, the concept of WOH is a great event. Well done, honestly.  And it should be difficult.  I get that.  If 50% of players can cycle it,  that cheapens the rewards and takes the fun out of it.  

But....there's a few things we should talk about.  

1)  Curves, sliders, or changeups that paint the corner, generally cannot be successfully hit for a basehit, especially at high levels. 

2)  Sac flies, to my knowledge, simply cannot be done when they are the winning run.  No matter the depth of the fly ball, the runner will not tag, and deep fly ball outs become impossible.  This to me is a bit silly.  Walkoff sac flies do exist, both in the real game and in TSB games, and should exist in WOH.  And on that note ..

3)  Baserunning in WOH is an albatross.  Occasionally, hard hit line drives turn into routine triple plays as the runners inexplicably take off with on contact with nobody out and make no effort to retreat.  So many times, the potential tie or lead run holds at 3rd with 2 out,  when in reality a team will almost always take that chance and try to score.  The baserunning control offered in regular games would be ideal for WOH and make speed an additional consideration for your WOH choices.  Why can't we have it in WOH?

So to sum up, I really do love the concept of Walkoff Hero, it really is a great event, but it could be so much better, and some of these seem like pretty easy fixes.  Yes, it should be difficult, but it should be a lot less attributable to pure luck.  

Comments

• Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I would also like to add the base runners are too conservative. I've hit hard balls in a corner seems like forever and guy at 1st stops at 3rd. Should give us the popup option to run bases more aggressively. It's our out we should be able to make that choice. 
  • Options
    Smokinjoeozlow3Smokinjoeozlow3 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I got to level 5 round 7 this week and could not get by no matter what i did. Tried upgrading my best player and watching the video which made my player better than the pitcher i was facing and still pop up after pop up. The pitcher didn't throw many fastballs at all most of the pitches were curves on the corners and it will not even let me foul them off.  That's my only gripe. I love the event
  • Options
    ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    No event captures the frustrations of daily players more perfectly than Walk Off.

1. At times, the gameplay is farcical to say the least. Outfielders making running catches in the gap going away from the plate, yet the blazing fast runner on third doesn't even attempt to tag? Okay. Sure. Triple plays? Yeah, those happen 19 times a day in baseball. Kind of routine, right?
    2. Without question, there are more glitches in Walk Off than most other modes, which GLU doesn't seem overly interested in hearing about or fixing. Players running through fences to catch foul balls. Pitchers throwing two balls at the same time. Home runs being counted as doubles.
    3. Very little chance of actually completing the event unless you want to drop a couple thousand in gold. The closer you get to doing it, the more ridiculous the pitch sequences become. Inside changeups that can't actually be hit but will be called strikes despite being clearly inside. Curve balls that "caught the corner". (They didn't really. But, what the heck, right?)
    4. Never ending problems with videos. If GLU is going to offer videos for boosts or continuations, they should ensure those videos display properly EVERY TIME. Or, they should build into the system something that detects when videos aren't displaying properly and either credits users for watching the videos or removes the option all together. If it's a feature of the game, it should work.
    5. Completely absent customer service when issues do appear. Mondays aren't GLU's finest day of the week. They're busy processing the millions of complaints they've generated over the weekends. 90 percent of those complaints are probably not very legitimate. But, a solid 10 percent probably are. If you have an issue on Monday, you might as well put in a ticket this week hoping to get help by next week.
  • Options
    biddobangbiddobang Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I totally agree.  Add the “pop-up bubbles” for choices on running bases.  Included in that should be the choice to tag-up on a fly ball.   Put the decision in the users control.  Not keep it in the programs default settings.   I’ve been thrown out at home numerous times on balls hit straight back to the pitcher.  No one runs in that situation.   Make the changes to have more realistic.