Curveballs

cantcutchthis10cantcutchthis10 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
Why are these curves so unhittable? It’s not even just that, but when you get 9 straight curves 6 times in a row on 5-10, how is that fun?

I know it’s been like this for years, but there is legitimately no chance to beat it when you don’t see a single fastball. 

Comments

• cantcutchthis10cantcutchthis10 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I am now 0-whatever...somewhere in the double digits. I have not missed 1 fastball over the plate, all for hits. Yet I still can beat him because you can’t hit a curveball. It’s just not even fun anymore.
  • spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    I usually cycle every week . And I was patient my first 10 replays . Then I started getting irritated . I quit for about an hour and a half . Came back tried again another 7 replays of Diaz . I swear to God the only thing he was throwing was sliders . And of course on third strike I'd swing. If I didn't miss it'd be a little pop up or a weak ground ball to first . By play through 20 now I've decided to hang up the towel . Soto isn't worth it
  • cantcutchthis10cantcutchthis10 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I’m done now...I give up. Spent all my resources and had 0 fun. What a waste.  I should have beat Diaz easily.
  • sfgiants101sfgiants101 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    I spent to many resources trying to defeat Diaz this week. When I would get close I would not see another fastball. That slider or curve whatever it was was not a pitch that could be hit. It was very frustrating this week.
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Yeah very frustrating.  I stopped burning tons of gold on it.  Makes me even gringe now simply adding the 80 gold boosts at the last couple guys to try to continue on.  I haven’t gotten past a second to last guy in a long time.  And won’t do resources grind it is. 
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Yeah this week was impossible for a mediocre reward. I also tried close to 20 times. One of those I got two fastballs, but of course that's not enough to put up 6 runs. Every other time just 9 sliders in a row (no matter what player or boost I used). So frustrating.
  • bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    I feel like there has to be something we are missing. I get to the end of 4 every week and sometimes 5 have cycled once. I would like to think there is another way?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    The prize was rather mediocre as @midnightmarauder pointed out, compared to previous ones, and the last level extra hard this time. The only reason I went for it myself was to have a strong lefty for the next 3 WOH events in addition to All Star Freeman.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Houmy, by far my worst WOH ever. 11hrs straight. Over 30 attempts at just diaz. All curve balls all day long. I had 2 POMS and 2 POW at my use, plus my normal guys. It was a real struggle to get the right pitch selection. Finally beat it around 11pm at night. Worst WOH i have ever done.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @dkarski87 You are right it was the toughest one I faced as well. And on the subject of your POM & POW players, I will be coming for you once their boost is gone buddy B):)
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Yea I took a few days off to cool off. Spent 60k this weekend legend hunting and came up with nothing. Well not true, got evo 13 times. It was a great weekend ;)
    – The Great Houmy
    Its very odd, some people beat it on 2 tries. Must have gotten lucky with pitch selection. I spent all dam day and got no fast balls. It was hard enough to get back to 5-10. Then having to restart each time took forever. Definitely a stressful WOH. Glad it kinda wasn't a prime as I would not be able to cycle with that pitcher.
    – The Great Houmy
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    You know what makes me angry but never seems to get brought up is why do they change the numbers for events? In any regular game you can hit curve balls all day but woh you can't. Any game you can hit a homer in any direction in slugfest you can't. They change the numbers and thats what is a scam in my opinion. 
  • ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    For some reason yesterday I couldn't get past 5-9, first time since the launch of the game that I either don't Cycle or get to the last one
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
    I think after the last cvsc when they pretty much were just giving away 445 hitters they did make it more difficult. Greinke was tough to beat most of the time, then having diaz was even worse.
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Its very odd, some people beat it on 2 tries. Must have gotten lucky with pitch selection. I spent all dam day and got no fast balls. It was hard enough to get back to 5-10. Then having to restart each time took forever. Definitely a stressful WOH. Glad it kinda wasn't a prime as I would not be able to cycle with that pitcher.

Some people had very bad luck with pitch selection, but for the most part, I think it was fairly easy. Only two people in our club of 20 didn't beat it. My first three times vs Diaz, I saw exactly one fastball each time and homered each time. Even though it was otherwise brutal, I realized that his 'gas' was easy to hit; just had to be patient. I ended up using my best hitter for 5.9 and using my 2nd best hitter for Diaz because success/failure would be dependent on the pitches I saw. @dkarski87 bummer to hear that the pitches didn't come for you until much later. Like many, I was also very disappointed with Soto as the reward. I was really looking forward to seeing the Buster prime as the WoH reward. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bambam294bambam294 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    DFBB do you restart or do you grind your way back ? Yesterday was the first time I have ever beat it ... I used no boosts and I beat him twice on first go thanks to a main diet of fastballs and homers as a result....Carpenter first go and Diaz second go....
    Very good tip to use better bat on 5-9....

I think that is also my plan for slug fest tomorrow if Judge and that sky hi rating shows up in the middle of 6
    Oh and I was 0 for my life prior to yesterday ....9 or. 10 or 11 fails at 5-10 each of the last 4 weeks
    bambam294 said:

DFBB do you restart or do you grind your way back ? Yesterday was the first time I have ever beat it ... I used no boosts and I beat him twice on first go thanks to a main diet of fastballs and homers as a result....Carpenter first go and Diaz second go....
    Very good tip to use better bat on 5-9....

I think that is also my plan for slug fest tomorrow if Judge and that sky hi rating shows up in the middle of 6

I'm fortunate that I can 'grind' my way back to 5.10 fairly quick so I've never paid for restarts. Assuming tomorrow's derby is the same as last week, definitely use your best slugger for Judge.
    Most knowledgeable and helpful dude in the game ....thanks ....and congrats on the future tapper :)
    bambam294 said:

Most knowledgeable and helpful dude in the game ....thanks ....and congrats on the future tapper :)

Haha! Thanks my man. You must be from the FB group page!
    Yeppers....I’m the small brain Homer Simpson ....
  • reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    Took me 15 attempts at Diaz to finally get fastballs. I cycled, but if i have my top 2 guys at 260 its not about their skills, its about getting lucky and finally getting fastballs.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I was the one that commiserated about my lovely 0-28 performance and honestly I felt like only two of those attempts had at least half chances at success, if I got the fastball I could count on one hand the amount of times I didn’t do something good with it, it was just the slider parade from a pitcher that’s a 3 pitch pitcher and his other two pitches are a 2 and 4 seamer.  Also he didn’t even throw me one ball in all of those attempts sometimes you can escape even meh pitch selection when 1 or 2 of those junk pitches give you a free pass. Also only one fielding error, ironically one of the two real chances I had were helped by one.  I fully understand that good sliders are very tough to hit in real baseball but even great pitchers would still give up about 15-20 hits per 100 AB ended on non fastballs given enough sample size . Since it’s looking unlikely I’ll have the time to stack gold and since I’m moving I can’t really afford to buy any either I’m going to have to use a 425 max guy in that spot next week.  I still however can run up All Star Freeman and Bam Bam from the left side and All Star Judge and Prime Altuve from the right ironically 3 of the 4 are WoH prizes from previous weeks this week broke a 5’out of 6 streak with 3 consecutive wins.  Arenado and Trout aren’t leveled yet due to my shitty performances in slugfest primarily because I leveled too fast into gold a while back. Though all of my WoH wins are once I got into gold and started to buy PotW nearly every week.
  • Miranda234Miranda234 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    This is very difficult to do. So even though it's fun, street fighter dueI don't do this