Better weekend event prizes

robcawleyrobcawley Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
Glu you guys need to increase the value of the prizes won on the weekend event. The gold spent and labor spent to get a top 3 finish and the brackets is not fair return value. Time to up the ante glue. Make it worth our time 

Comments

• caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    15 for one bonus player, 10k regular xp nothing from the 3 prime picks, 2100xp from the gold reward box, xp from picks and 500 gold.  Not to mention what I spent in gold for streaks.  But it’s a better return than a bunch who played.  But still not exactly worth the 15k initial investment to finally get a bonus guy. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I used to get excited for weekend activities until we finished 7th as a club, realized I’d spent almost 8800 gold and we got little for it.  This weekend I spent 500, I didn’t have a whole lot anyway when the weekend started so played 6-7 games at a time still scored a little over 1.5M mostly because Contreras is my starting catcher but honestly just wasn’t into it.  I’ll play tomorrow obviously because the cost vs reward is much more palatable but until weekend rewards are adjusted especially with football making a comeback soon I don’t see myself playing 300-400 games in a weekend for a while.
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    1.5 mill still good.  Get all 20 in club there and top tier is handled.  Just a tough building up all that gold and getting shafted by the boxes.  But I think going forward I’ll just limit to what I accumulate during week and work with what I get from that.  Pow gets 2 good finishes and easier to get.  Gold soentbthere more worth it. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    The premise of this thread is absolutely true -- the weekend event rewards are terrible.  I get more excited for just the random prizes given out than anything won on the weekend.   Time for some feedback, so here it is.

Currently, most players from clubs who finish #4-#10 in the overall big weekend event will take home nothing but a couple #1 picks, some regular XP, and the various rinky dunk tier prizes.  Not a single bit of gold.  Not one Prime pick.  Absolutely nothing of real value.

This needs to change.  This is, supposedly, your big attraction, your main event, yet the prizes are not even worth the gold invested for energy.  Let's be real -- #1 picks are absolutely worthless to most teams by this point.  They don't make rosters and are useful for nothing more than XP.  What happened to at least awarding a Prime player to the top club? 

A couple possible solutions:

-  Improve the prizes.  Realize that, again,  #1 picks are worth nothing to experienced teams.  At least start awarding prime picks in the tiers, and some legendary boxes, Babe Ruth boxes, etc, would make for much more substantial weekend prizes for top teams.  Even doing things like awarding large amounts of ice packs as prizes is at least useful.  How about awarding club boosts as a reward?

-  Cut down on the sprint events.  Truthfully  having 4 out of 7 days each week dedicated to the sprint event is a little much -- its not a particularly exciting event and lacks good rewards.  Either find something else on Tuesday or find something else on Friday and cut the weekend event down to just a Saturday/Sunday event.  I don't know that many people want to see Tournament day make a return, but I'd take it over yet another sprint day.  Better yet would be to find something new -- perhaps find a way to modify Club vs. Club play into a regular Tuesday or Friday event.  
  • ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    It's painfully obvious that GLU prefers the new customer acquisition model over the generate loyal customers business model.

By the time a new player figures out they are being hoodwinked, they've already sunk hundreds of dollars into a video game with a tenth the features of console games that cost a tenth as much as they're spending to play here.

Think about it.

You can buy a fully featured console game for about the cost of a mountain of gold here when they run a special. That fully featured console game offers everything you get here except the ability to play at the bar or on the train.

GLU just doesn't care if regular players are happy or not. They're fine selling new players on the fantasy of building a dream team. Once those noobs realize the rewards aren't worth the effort, GLU won't fix any issues, and most of the random events in the game are anything but random, there's a whole new set of fresh meat players clamoring to drop bills on worthless virtual currency.
  • sorn22sorn22 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Finished 4th as a club and finished top 20 in my personal compete this past weekend and got absolutely nothing of value in rewards. Even the fan rewards for gold spent is worthless until 20k. So I spend 12k there and more nothing. But today I can cycle walk off and get a prime player? That makes zero sense. The time invested to prize ratio is so out of whack. The prizes on Monday and Wednesday are 100x better than weekends 
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    I made a similar call for this awhile back.  The Progress Rewards can also use a good bit of "sweetening" I think is what I said, whence somebody else wrote about the changes to the structure of awards for top 25 and the restricting of quality rewards to the top 50 in the comps through the week.  

All these things have been said prior to now.  The Season Awards promised 3x Prime picks in 2017.  Now it's 3x #1.  Could this be an indication all these awards will improve?  
  • pallison74pallison74 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    This. I barely play on the weekends. Doesn't seem worth it. Pretty much all the events are boring with mediocre prizes. Sluggfest is my favorite because you get a prize that actually makes next week better. WoH is stupid, i don't personally know anyone that can complete it.
  • jhambombsquadjhambombsquad Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    Maybe the addition of prizes within the club like the ones for high score and MVP in CVC?