Winning Playoffs at Highest Diamond Level

ranger5ranger5 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
After wining highest Diamond level Playoff, the last level repeats (win 1k games) to next playoff but your team doesn’t move up a level. If you play the final level several times and win playoffs, does the WOH or slugfest get more difficult or stay the same? Your team isn’t moving up a level.

Comments

• caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    I still get to last round on woh.  But don’t do slugfest.  Gave up on doing both once I went to diamond.  But just finished Goat level and trying to cycle again so not totally sure.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    ranger5 said:

After wining highest Diamond level Playoff, the last level repeats (win 1k games) to next playoff but your team doesn’t move up a level. If you play the final level several times and win playoffs, does the WOH or slugfest get more difficult or stay the same? Your team isn’t moving up a level.

Does that mean you still get the 7500 gold reward??
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ranger5ranger5 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Yes
    Yes 7.5k gold 250k blue and 650 evo
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Yes 7.5k gold 250k blue and 650 evo

Wait, you can keep cycling for more 7500 gold rewards? Like, infinitely?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Thats what I hear, I really thinking about it now. GOT runs might be worth it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Yes you can cycle on highlest level of diamond but your team needs to be strong. Otherwise, you’ll have trouble winning bonus games. It’s also substantially more difficult to win WOH at diamond. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    And where would you get the 1,000 bonus tickets for each cycle?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Just got to keep playing match ups or buy bonus games.
    I play tourneys for my bonus games tickets.  Can accumulate a ton if winning tourneys.
  • TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    To cycle the diamond level, just play tournament games. They count to the wins progress and you get 4 games for some cash. Don't know how much cash it is at GOAT but its 8500 where I'm at (silver).
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    We have a member doing it now for 3 weeks.  He has completed his 4th time tonight.  So that’s 30 k gold in 3 weeks,  but it’s a lot of work and time.  You need a lot of blue cash for tourneys. And go crazy on bonus game event.  I was waiting to see how it works out for him before I go diamond.  
       Also so you know, his team strength is 85 k and he has a decent ace. 
  • galkengalken Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    You are now leaving Glu Communities. Click the link to continue to color switch
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    newfy said:

We have a member doing it now for 3 weeks.  He has completed his 4th time tonight.  So that’s 30 k gold in 3 weeks,  but it’s a lot of work and time.  You need a lot of blue cash for tourneys. And go crazy on bonus game event.  I was waiting to see how it works out for him before I go diamond.  
       Also so you know, his team strength is 85 k and he has a decent ace. 

But how do you utilize bonus players at Diamond? Once you get to gold, it's pretty expensive to be leveling up the WOH (usually a prime), or even the bonus guys on the weekend, POTWs, etc.

Is 85K a strong enough team strength to succeed at diamond?
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    What are the win requirements before the final one?  Like I know Diamond 6 is 1,000 wins repeated infinitely, but does it work up to 1,000 in smaller increments?

About to go diamond and just trying to figure out how many games I'll need to blow right through 6.
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    The last 3 levels of diamond are 1,000 games each. It takes around 5,000 total games to get through all 6 levels of Diamond.
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    When I get a bonus player for WOH or any other event, I usually just level them to either bronze or silver 10. They can still put up solid points even at the diamond level. This only applies to batters. Don’t usually level up bonus pitchers because they tend to struggle at Diamond if they aren’t leveled to at least gold.
  • AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Before I made the jump to diamond I read a lot of what Bigpredsfan has put in here about cycling diamond 6, so I recommend checking it out if you are considering making the jump.

I didn’t think I could sustain the bonus games to keep, doing it. I’ve now cycled diamond 6 for 5 days in a row and still have the same resources (cash, BGs) that I started with. Yes you get the 7500 gold, 250K cash and 650 evo every 1000 wins. I haven’t spent money on this game since I went diamond, I’ve gotten the 20K fan reward every weekend, and I’m sitting on 30K gold. Best decision I ever made in this game was going diamond. 

If you’re worried about competing in events... yes WOH is harder, but I cycled twice Monday and 3 times Wednesday my first week in diamond so it’s certainky not impossible. Wednesdays I play tournaments all day, with some WOH mixed in and I scored almost 600 million this week. Thursdays I play all the bonus games from Wednesday and almost always score over 100 million.

My $.02.. Diamond is amazing! 
    Any diamond questions feel free to PM me in game. Same as username here. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    @Aceseh

Good stuff there, thanks!

I'm at the highest Platinum level and planning to jump Thursday after Royale.  I have about 2,500 bonus games and 1.1M cash in reserve.  

My plan is to focus on my higher end Blue XP guys first as they are so much cheaper to max than Primes and Legends.  I have a 490 max Edwin Encarnacion, 490 max Machado, and 470 max Galvis, all Blue XP with good double skills that I plan to focus on first,  and I should be able to max the top 2 next weekend during fan rewards based on my anticipated blue XP numbers.
    @Wicked0Wildcats

I  was I was able to cycle WOH 5 times on Monday with that Edwin at Diamond 6 and both skills at level 12. He was like 5-1 or 5-2 against the lefty at 5.10 (forget exactly who it was).

• MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I have cycled Diamond playoffs at least 10 times. You can hit the 1000 game requirement once a week if you go hard. 
  • nguyenthaovannguyenthaovan Registered Users, Member 1 Posts

I think so, 

The information you share is very interesting

very nice information you share with us. thanks for this. 

gmail login