Options

Slugfest

brycem15brycem15 Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
What is the deal with this?  Cycle easily the last 4-5 weeks with the last 2 not even requiring gold.  Now I can’t get past 6-7.  So not only are the opponents harder to beat but my own sluggers aren’t even hitting the ball as far as they used to.  Makes no sense to make that drastic of a change.  

Comments

• Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Im at 6.9 now and that's the furthest I've been in a long time. But i just can't out distance the guy. Im at about 5900+ hes at 6050. I just missed it with only 20 boost though. This is what i have so far. Nothing special. 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Although you're still stronger than my roster, you give me hope ;)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    brycem15brycem15 Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I mean I’ve had zero difficult getting through this lately.  And now my prime sluggers can’t even get one over CF on a mis-hit when they could before.  Makes it even worse when I got through level 5 without needing to use a replay.  Now I have to autoplay 6-1 several times to get through.  
  • Options
    BryantMVP18BryantMVP18 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    edited August 2018
    It has definitely gotten harder since last week. The level 6 sluggers are much higher rated. I've found that you should use your best slugger at 6-8,  as it is the highest rated slugger, and then it goes back down. It takes much more effort and time than before, but still possible to cycle. Extremely frustrating though. 
  • Options
    SpalatoSpalato Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I think you answered your own question, they want you to use gold. They have become too greedy. Past 2 weeks wasn't fun for me and if they don't change it back I'll probably stop playing this game. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging but not impossible. Now i'm having a hard time around Level 6 round 6. Won a few Prime sluggers/ get to round 9-10 now can't even get past that round 7, already hard on level 5. It sucks when you hit them all out but lose on points because he has higher rating and then you only get 1 replay. If you make if a lot harder then you need to give us a chance in another way. They ruined the only fun event for me in the game.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Oddly enough I found this week to be easier than the past two weeks but that may just be my experience. Have to say though that 6.9 was a lot harder than 6.10 for me and I needed a few restarts on him but went through 6.10 on the 1st try every time.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Would love to just get through round 5
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    They're certainly tinkering with the slugfest hitting algorithms.

To be fair, I did upgrade to Silver this week after building resources in Bronze.

Last week, I noticed more quick pitches and changes of speed from the pitchers. This week, that was even more noticeable, especially as I got higher in the event.

By level 6, I could reasonably assume I would get quick pitched a fastball followed by an Eephus that took forever to reach the plate. If I handled the quick pitch without blooping it into the opposite field, I almost certainly pulled the Eephus a little too much for a 420 footer. That "short" homer was almost always enough for the computer to win the round on distance even if I hit 10 straight.

The most aggravating experience was when I would hit 10 straight squarely hit homers and lose. On at least 20 occasions, I was ahead going into the bonus balls, hit 3 straight bombs over 520 feet, and still lost by 200 points. For one round, I calculated the computer had to hit 3 straight homers over 580 feet to score the amount of points scored from bonus balls.

In my opinion, if that's the course the game developers have decided to take in order to goose people into using gold, it's going to backfire. I've spent plenty of gold building my team and leveling them up. I'll gladly spend some gold on the final round of a level. And, I'll even use gold to cycle faster so my club can get a weekend win protection accolade.

I'll be damned if I'm going to spend gold to boost all of my sluggers on level 6 though. My top 5 sluggers are the top rated sluggers available on the game. They're maxed out for upgrades. Even with 100 gold boosts, they're still overmatched in most rounds. Add in the obvious alterations to the gameplay which makes winning consistently very difficult, and the investment doesn't make any sense.

No sane person is going to drop 1000+ gold to beat level 6 once just so they can drop more resources into leveling up the reward player who still won't be strong enough to win again.

And, what's with the Busters? I'm not spending resources to level up a short term rental player who disappears after the event. Those players should be already maxed based on the player level just like franchise players.

In fact, we should be allowed to use franchise coins to rent these players. 1 coin=1 round whether the player plays or not. We all know GLU loves to suck up resources. For some people, this would tap out their Franchise coins in 10 minutes.